Number 99 aka "PLAYER" Appreciation

Yall remember dude on all the Live video games back in the day?
roll.gif
dude had no photo or nuthin and he was bald like Jordan.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Why was he neverallowed in the games back then anyway?

Aaahhhhhh Fake Jordan
laugh.gif
. I dont think Michael wanted to be in any videogames. The only one i remeber him in was the space jam crap
laugh.gif

Yeah, I think there was a monetary issue. But it was amusing to see them put Player 99 or whatever year it was in place of MJ. I hated how the computer alwaysmade some crazy to near impossible shots w/ him SMH

This use to get on my nerves so bad

I remember Lavar Arrington was like that when he was a skin on Madden

I thought it was so tight that I could go and edit his name to say ARRINGTON
laugh.gif

Appreciated.

Both Barkley and Jordan were "Player 99"ed on those games.

If MJ wasn't getting paid, then he wasn't in the game; period.

I remember when EA dropped Mike his own game for PC only...arrogant bastard
smh.gif

252px-Michael_Jordan_in_Flight_cover.jpg

They did the same thing with barry bonds. That random dude on the giants was a beaassst. They made him White.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

They did the same thing with barry bonds. That random dude on the giants was a beaassst. They made him White.
laugh.gif
Damn I miss MVP baseball
frown.gif

roll.gif
I remember having live 2000 (or was it 99?) the one with 'TwanWalker on the cover and they had player 99 with the 99 overall rating. Hold up, this cant possibly be right because MJ retired in '98 but I dont rememberif he was in the game. Oh well. But yeah, those generic superstars were ill. They where impossible to stop. Kids growing up nowadays will never have theexperiences we did growing up from the early 90s to the early 2000s.

Hell yeah lol, I remember that stuff too. Oh and to all those that have College Basketball 2009, Greg Monroe on Georgetown is white.
laugh.gif

I do remember always playing with "Player"... Back in the good ol' days, then they put that little picture of MJ on the cover of like '98 or'99 or whichever one had Tim Duncan just so people knew they could "actually" play as MJ finally.

Originally Posted by awash242

Jordan_vs_Bird_-_One_on_One_Coverart.png
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I used to go HARD on this game for real. Larry Legend didnt want it with me
i used to play this game daily for sega. i would always make my sister get bird and demolish her. my dad would always have to stop us fromfighting over jordan.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

+*@# this punk %$% game. I could NEVER EVER do any dunks in the dunk contest
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

+*@# this punk %$% game. I could NEVER EVER do any dunks in the dunk contest
mad.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Tell us why you mad son! but nah youre right. I might have broken a fewcontrollers thanks to that mode
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom