NY/NJ people... is there any truth to this?

I've always kind of had this thought, but this weekend I hung out at the sportsbar with some people from Jersey and they were all Mets / Jets / Islanders fans (but they did say they like the Devils and Eagles too, but not the Phillies). Do people from Jersey identify with these teams because they aren't the predominant New York teams (Yankees/ Knicks/ Rangers)?

Is it some kind of underdog thing?

Is it even a real generalization?
"Maybe it will grow if you water it."

my bad, was getting at something else but my thoughts got jumbled :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM NTWikia

I'm a Nets, Giants fan. Both play in Jersey (For the time being at least).
I don't know any Islanders fans in Jersey personally. I think you friends are making I SH up.

I don't really getting at with your first post, but as a generality North Jersey people are down with the New York teams and people from South Jersey are into Philly teams. I don't know about your people because they seem to be a bit jumbled.
SuraEsco: HATE

Most of the time, no.

Im a Mets, Nets & Cowboys fan if it matters at all to this post (live in Jersey...)
New Jersey Nets More Than A Game
#1 Marcus Williams #2 Josh Boone #5 Jason Kidd - C #7 Bostjan Nachbar
#11 Darrell Armstrong #30 Malik Allen #12 Nenad Krstic #15 Vince Carter #21 Antoine Wright
#24 Richard Jefferson #20 Jamaal Magloire #35 Jason Collins #51 Sean Williams

i havent met a single hockey fan in ny/nj

its all about baseball/football/basketball

All or most Nets fans or just converted Knicks fans.

They are just @#%$ frontrunners who supported the Knicks back in or Ewing days, but went running once the going got tough. For all real Nets fans (maybe like 5) i acknowledge you as being real fans, and sticking with your team even when they were @#%$ back in the 90s while the team right next to them was lighting it up year in and out. But there are not many at all of these fans. 95% of Nets fans should not be regarded as real "true" fans but only as @#%$ frontrunners.

^^^and i know alot of very bid Devils/Rangers fans and i have lived in both NJ and NY
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Just about all of the people I know from south Jersey are Phillies & Eagles fans, except for a few whose parents grew up in NY and basically raised them as NY fans
TEAMNEWYORKMETSget busy livin or get busy dyin, that's g-ddamn right
EMAIL:DDOTSEVEN@GMAIL.COM

Quote:
All or most Nets fans or just converted Knicks fans.

They are just frontrunners who supported the Knicks back in or Ewing days, but went running once the going got tough. For all real Nets fans (maybe like 5) i acknowledge you as being real fans, and sticking with your team even when they were back in the 90s while the team right next to them was lighting it up year in and out. But there are not many at all of these fans. 95% of Nets fans should not be regarded as real "true" fans but only as frontrunners
New Jersey NetsMore Than A Game#1 Marcus Williams#2 Josh Boone#5 Jason Kidd - C#7 Bostjan Nachbar#11 Darrell Armstrong#30 Malik Allen#12 Nenad Krstic#15 Vince Carter#21 Antoine Wright#24 Richard Jefferson#20 Jamaal Magloire#35 Jason Collins#51 Sean Williams

Quote:
North Jersey people are down with the New York teams and people from South Jersey are into Philly teams.

Exactly...i know its a bit hard for most people to understand....but in reality most of South Jersey (like Camden/Cherry Hill and Trenton areas) is considered to be a suburb of philly....Likewise, Most of North Jersey (like Bergan, Essex, Union etc) are suburbs of the City..For this reason and the fact that New Jersey does not have any teams of their own (with the exception of the nets and devils) people in various regoins in Jersey follow teams that are the closest in region

I'm originally from Jersey and I like the Nets, Giants and Mets.
TEAM NJ NETS
MORE THAN A GAME.​
FOR SALE:
WHITE/CEMENT III SIZE 9 NDS - $190
WEST XX SIZE 9 NDS - $100
CARDINAL VII SIZE 9.5 NDS - $115
DUNK SAFARI HI SIZE 9.5 USED - $65

PM me for pics and if you're interested.​

I always thought....

The majority of New Yorkers from the Bronx, Brooklyn, or NYC...

Knicks
Yankees
Jets /Giants
Rangers

People from NJ or the suburbs or NY...

Nets
Mets
Giants / Jets
Devils
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

^That's pretty accurate IMO.

NYC heads are typically into the Jets I feel.

Giants are for the upstate heads or NJ.
TEAM NJ NETS
MORE THAN A GAME.​
FOR SALE:
WHITE/CEMENT III SIZE 9 NDS - $190
WEST XX SIZE 9 NDS - $100
CARDINAL VII SIZE 9.5 NDS - $115
DUNK SAFARI HI SIZE 9.5 USED - $65

PM me for pics and if you're interested.​

Quote:
Exactly...i know its a bit hard for most people to understand....but in reality most of South Jersey (like Camden/Cherry Hill and Trenton areas) is considered to be a suburb of philly....Likewise, Most of North Jersey (like Bergan, Essex, Union etc) are suburbs of the City..For this reason and the fact that New Jersey does not have any teams of their own (with the exception of the nets and devils) people in various regoins in Jersey follow teams that are the closest in region
No Chip But Philly Still Runs This $hip
City of Champions
Banned SN: limelightn5mics
Total Posts: 876

Quote:
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002
TEAM EAGLES
3-4 right now, Cowboys up next!!!​

The Mets own Brooklyn. And if you're a Yankee fan from Brooklyn, you should be ashamed of yourself.
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​

alot of people form northern new jersey are ranger fans
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

Quote:
If Niketalk were a city, What Did You Wear Today would be Chinatown.

Quote:
dont care that these swamprats are going to Brooklyn, the Knicks own NY and always will. One Team, One NY

I see you in the sports forum kid. You got a Nets vendetta......... For what??? Let Jersey live. You was straight beating us up in the 80's & 90's. The Nets good years got you tight huh????? What that got to do with us???? Get your game tight & let us be.

Back
Top Bottom