NY Welfare Recipients are Shipping Groceries to Relatives in Other Countries...

If they did away with welfare would people go work or would they just lay down and die? Hmmmmm..... Semi srs question

Last edited:
The problem is that's food bought with tax paying citizens money in the US.

The reason it's given to them is apparently they need the food / help.

If they shipping **** to DR, that means they don't need the food, because they have excess.

It's bad enough Tax Payers are paying for them, but now they feeding the world to?
Why are you focusing on DR?

World? LMAO ...

I'm not even mad. I have family back in Jamaica, if they were in need I'd do the same thing.

Would the government alternatively put this tax payer money to good use? I'm not exactly full of confidence.

Or the other alternative is to work and then use the money you EARNED from working to send food, clothes, money etc back to family

If they did away with welfare would people go work or would they just lay down and die? Hmmmmm..... Semi srs question
indifferent.gif

Like 75% of people on welfare are either elderly or disabled so you tell me

Yup, right off of imadeitup.com
yes it was

but this one aint
[table][tr][td]Percent of recipients who are white[/td][td]38.8 %[/td][/tr][tr][td]Percent of recipients who are black[/td][td]39.8 %[/td][/tr][/table]
so, in theory the bigger problem is not what these Caribbeans are doing - but the system itself!

Lmfao not suprised but remember a few months ago when ppl on welfare were taking money out at bodega and strip club ATMs to but whatever the hell they wanted

Or the other alternative is to work and then use the money you EARNED from working to send food, clothes, money etc back to family

And A LOT of immigrants do that, far more than those who abuse the system but that's not who I was talking about.

who cares.. let em do it. groceries = food .. let everyone eat. there shouldn't be a single hungry soul in this world. More people should pick up on this, the more the merrier. :smokin :smokin

well if they are starving themselves to feed their relatives in 3rd world countries I have no problems with that However if they are making enough money to be off food stamps and are still receiving food stamps and sending it to 3rd world recipients then shame on them.

I'm not even mad. I have family back in Jamaica, if they were in need I'd do the same thing.

Would the government alternatively put this tax payer money to good use? I'm not exactly full of confidence.
I agree. People in America don't realize how easy they have it.

Last edited:
My x's brother had a business that specialized in this, shipping drums back and forth from NYC to Miami and Jamaica. I'll see if I can find the card. And as far as I have seen, W.I.C IS restrictive on what types of foods can buy with it. Have you never been behind one of them in line and the cashier is telling them they got the wrong kind of cheese, because they have to buy the blocks and not sliced, or the wrong type of milk, cereal, etc. They can't use it on pre-prepared food either, or things like cups and plates. Even with the food stamp card, you just swype it and the register deducts all the eligible items and then you get a remaining balance price on the stuff that didn't qualify.

I do agree with this ...

I have argued this point in the past ..

If the system is paying, put those to work. Clean streets, parks, etc etc etc.

Those that can't because of their kids - trained them for baby sitters etc and have them take kids in while the others work.

No prolong standing - having work sitting on their as doing some BS job that we pay people to do ...

Something along those lines ..

That system is already in place in NYC

View media item 505678
Baseless accusations, with no actual stats to back it up. The same ole my tax dollars this, my tax dollars that. Then why aren't you boycotting and protesting Walmart and Mcdonalds.

http://www.californiaprogressreport.com/site/why-walmart-loves-welfare
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/walmart-la-chinatown-protesters_n_1333392.html

http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storewars/stores3.html
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x1321376 Report:Wal-Mart Has Highest Number of Employees on Welfare in Homestate

That's not even getting into corporate welfare
View media item 505685

Last edited:
who cares.. let em do it. groceries = food .. let everyone eat. there shouldn't be a single hungry soul in this world. More people should pick up on this, the more the merrier.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I think the argument is that the food aint free - it's at the cost of taxpayers dollars ...

I do agree, we can probably give aid to vast majority of the world (in regards to food), but we rather destroy the crops at the governments request ... true!

YOU CANT TELL THE PEOPLE WHO GREW UP AROUND BRAINWASHED TO THINK THAT DA PROBLEM IS US VS THEM TYPE. RACIST STEEZ.

who cares.. let em do it. groceries = food .. let everyone eat. there shouldn't be a single hungry soul in this world. More people should pick up on this, the more the merrier. :smokin :smokin
I think the argument is that the food aint free - it's at the cost of taxpayers dollars ...

I do agree, we can probably give aid to vast majority of the world (in regards to food), but we rather destroy the crops at the governments request ... true!

The thing is many of these supposedly hungry countries could feed themselves if the food they were growing was primarily directed to their local markets. Instead, most of their land is used to grow export crops, which are traded on the international market and are subject to pricing structures outside of the producers' control. As a result, they make a whole lot of cocoa/sugar cane/cotton, and very little of everything else, which means that:
- the food consumed locally is usually imported
- such countries are extremely vulnerable to anything that increases the price/availability of food, hence the frequent hunger crises.

thats a new one. my pops regularly sends money to his brothers family in ethiopia never heard of food being shipped tho. aint mad tho gotta help your fam any way you can

This being going on for years ....

Like OP said conflicted ...

I know why they are doing it, but why are the taxpayer paying for it?

You're right, lets just print money and make it appear out of no where as if there aren't any consequences of this. I wish ben bernanke had thought of this idea before

Last edited:
Banks and the rich get bailouts, tax exemptions.
Poor people get Welfare, housing, insurance, foodstamps.
When can I cook.

Back
Top Bottom