NYC bans employment drug screenings for Marijuana

Lol, you're clearly in your feelings when you're trying to refute medical science with your opinions.

What exactly am I refuting?

Sounds like you're refuting marketing being a crucial part of modern medicine.

CBD weed is like kale. CBD weed is like diet Coke. All marketing.

What exactly am I refuting?

Sounds like you're refuting marketing being a crucial part of modern medicine.

CBD weed is like kale. CBD weed is like diet Coke. All marketing.
Bingo. Medicine is advertised as much as everything else. “Weed is ok” is the next big step. Opioids are being seen for what they really are. They’ve been handing out meth 2.0 in front of everyone’s eyes

Last edited:
Reactions: wr
We know basically nothing about CBD
Anyone who tells you anything definitive about what CBD — or THC, for that matter — does to your body is lying. Nobody knows. The legitimate research out there is extremely limited, and the slow drip of legalization — medical use, then personal use, federally illegal but permitted by certain states and cities — has made it incredibly hard for researchers to do their jobs.

Here’s what we do know: The cannabis plant contains a wide variety of chemical compounds, many of which fall under the broad category of cannabinoids. There are more than 100 — exactly how many, we’re not sure. The best-known and certainly most profitable are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). Both of these compounds stimulate the same receptor in the brain, called CB1, but have differing effects on the brain. Researchers aren’t totally sure why.

It may have something to do with the fact that THC stimulates that CB1 receptor a lot, in turn triggering the psychoactive effects of marijuana like disturbed sensory perception, impaired motor skills, and anxiety. Conversely, CBD stimulates CB1 very lightly, causing some effects that seem downright opposed to those of THC including relief from anxiety, stress, and hyper-excitability.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/11/1/18024806/cbd-oil-vape-hemp

Let me preface my position with this: I love weed. It's my drug of choice and I would partake every day if it was legal/accepted in my line of work. I'm a medical professional involved in direct patient care and I would never get high or ingest any other psychoactive substance while on the clock. However, what I do in my private life is my business and my business alone. The fact that employers deem it necessary to test for marijuana drives me crazy regardless of the field. I honestly don't care if my doctor, pilot, air traffic controller, nurse, etc. smokes weed on their off-time the same way no one cares if they drink on their off-time. It has no bearing on their ability to perform while they're on duty. I'm not gonna give thanks to any governing body about the decision to waive testing about this because it should have never been tested for or been illegal to begin with. They took away our natural rights and finally decided to somewhat give them back. Still a big "**** you" there.

Having said that: the weed apologists are something else. It's certainly one of the least harmful drugs out there (yes, weed is a drug the same way caffeine and nicotine are drugs), but to act like it has no adverse effects is a joke. You ingest it because it has an effect, and some of those effects can be adverse to your health. Driving stoned might not impact you as much as driving drunk, but it still delays your motor responses. Smoking weed might not harm your lungs as much as cigarettes due the lower frequency/quantity, but smoking anything is still harmful no matter how you slice it. Weed also has the ability to worsen anxiety/depression/other psychiatric conditions in a good chunk of people, and that's not because they "just haven't found the right strain."

Weed is great, but the denial of its potential negative effects is ridiculous.

Let me preface my position with this: I love weed. It's my drug of choice and I would partake every day if it was legal/accepted in my line of work. I'm a medical professional involved in direct patient care and I would never get high or ingest any other psychoactive substance while on the clock. However, what I do in my private life is my business and my business alone. The fact that employers deem it necessary to test for marijuana drives me crazy regardless of the field. I honestly don't care if my doctor, pilot, air traffic controller, nurse, etc. smokes weed on their off-time the same way no one cares if they drink on their off-time. It has no bearing on their ability to perform while they're on duty. I'm not gonna give thanks to any governing body about the decision to waive testing about this because it should have never been tested for or been illegal to begin with. They took away our natural rights and finally decided to somewhat give them back. Still a big "**** you" there.

Having said that: the weed apologists are something else. It's certainly one of the least harmful drugs out there (yes, weed is a drug the same way caffeine and nicotine are drugs), but to act like it has no adverse effects is a joke. You ingest it because it has an effect, and some of those effects can be adverse to your health. Driving stoned might not impact you as much as driving drunk, but it still delays your motor responses. Smoking weed might not harm your lungs as much as cigarettes due the lower frequency/quantity, but smoking anything is still harmful no matter how you slice it. Weed also has the ability to worsen anxiety/depression/other psychiatric conditions in a good chunk of people, and that's not because they "just haven't found the right strain."

Weed is great, but the denial of its potential negative effects is ridiculous.
Very well said. As all things there are downsides to it that people refuse to accept

Very well said. As all things there are downsides to it that people refuse to accept
I've done over 17 year of R&D on weed to solidify my position.

I swear medical marijuana was the worst thing that happened to the legalization movement. It created some cool short-term gains for certain people, but for everyone else it just added an additional qualifier as to why its legalization is justified. They had to make excuses like "well it helps stimulate appetite in cancer patients, helps with insomnia, helps with chronic pain, etc." when the rationale for its legalization should have always been "because **** you, that's why".

cbd isn't some gimmick or marketing scheme, been clinically proven to treat several forms of seizures. Weed also isn't harmless, can mess with memory and pregnant women as well as kids with developing brains shouldn't be smoking. I've also seen a young adult in the hospital with cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, keeps throwing up, relieved with hot showers. He smoked all day everyday for several years.

Reference: I'm a RN who worked in hospital and seen it with my own eyes.

I'm a pharmacist and worked at a medical marijuana dispensary.

High doses of CBD is very beneficial in epilepsy in all of our pediatric patients. Parents throw away their Keppra to come pay up to 1k a month for refills of high CBD (19:1 CBD:THC ratio) regimens. Their kids have been seizure free since starting.

THC has properties that alleviate nerve pain and nausea too. You know how many patients I've had that slowly tapered off their opioids? You know how many patients I had that swear by it before every chemo session?

Modern capitalism will of course capitalize off of it, but the patient's stories are real. I've witnessed first hand by counseling them on it and managing their meds. The benefits here far outweigh the risks.

I love that NYC is holding off on legalization until minorities and grassroot activists are included. NJ legalized medical marijuana and the only people to benefit financially were pharam companies and relatives of Crhistine Whitman smh

cbd isn't some gimmick or marketing scheme, been clinically proven to treat several forms of seizures. Weed also isn't harmless, can mess with memory and pregnant women as well as kids with developing brains shouldn't be smoking. I've also seen a young adult in the hospital with cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, keeps throwing up, relieved with hot showers. He smoked all day everyday for several years.

Reference: I'm a RN who worked in hospital and seen it with my own eyes.
Nobody is saying it doesn’t work. We’re talking about the marketing behind it

Medical marijuana is not being used medicinally (for serious illness I mean) by 99% of people with a card. I just had a Skype session to renew my card in DC. Doctor took 5 minutes to ask is it working and what am I using it for. I said yes, stress and arthritis then that was it. My card is renewed. The doctors don’t even take it seriously.

People who are big advocates of the medicinal properties are corny and lying to themselves and others. Yeah it can save lives in certain cases like the stories you hear about kids having seizures but let’s not kid ourselves with the typical user reaping great medicinal benefits. Just say you like getting high it’s accepted now.

That’s why I will only consult for medical companies and all my companies or anything I have equity in is recreational. Medicinal marijuana will be phased out and it will just be a recreational drug eventually.

Reactions: wr
Medical marijuana is not being used medicinally (for serious illness I mean) by 99% of people with a card. I just had a Skype session to renew my card in DC. Doctor took 5 minutes to ask is it working and what am I using it for. I said yes, stress and arthritis then that was it. My card is renewed. The doctors don’t even take it seriously.

People who are big advocates of the medicinal properties are corny and lying to themselves and others. Yeah it can save lives in certain cases like the stories you hear about kids having seizures but let’s not kid ourselves with the typical user reaping great medicinal benefits. Just say you like getting high it’s accepted now.

That’s why I will only consult for medical companies and all my companies or anything I have equity in is recreational. Medicinal marijuana will be phased out and it will just be a recreational drug eventually.
And kinda this too lol. Yes, lots of people pulling a job on the system BUT that’s with damn near all medicine as a whole outside of terminal illness

Medically it will definitely phase out. There’s too much money for it on the recreational side for it not to be phased out.

my boy is on chemo. this is his second time in about 5 years. he's smoking weed in conjunction with the chemo this time around and he says it helps tremendously with the nausea and appetite. he said it's like night and day compared to the first time he was on it and that weed is working way better than the rx meds they gave him last time. i saw him at the market and he looks healthy and fit. doesn't look like he lost any muscle mass.

Pain pills which are more addictive are prescribed at a higher rate than any CDB or THC product and only since white folks started getting hemmed up in heroin addiction, is it being prescribed seriously. You used to be able to get oxycontin for eating your back hurts...for cancer patients, whom I've seen first hand, marijuana works.

Yeah, people going through chemo don’t want to eat anything. Wish smoking weed was an option for my mom to get an appetite but she probably would’ve passed any since she was conservative and very anti-weed.

We need this in CA ASAP! Like frfr these 2 month detoxes be killing me
Got a rejection letter from Hayward police for a program analyst position working with youth. Told them I burned and admitted on polygraph. Waste of 3 months recruiting.

Heard the black market is rejoicing. Too much overproduction in NorCal. Even the homies got Good prices on premium flower.

Back
Top Bottom