NYC Heads: Do Texas Artists get airplay on Hot 97/Power 105?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

ciph4 wrote:

Hmm.. I guess what I'm saying is if Bun B/Scarface had a show in NYC.. would it flop?
laugh.gif
Na, cause you have to realize there 16 million people in the greater NYC area. It is the place of the birth of hip-hop and the treu hip-hop scene is huge. Face had a free show out in Red Hook last summer it was pretty packed.

I know dudes who bump UGK and 'Face but is a select group of true hip-hop heads and that is not what you find on the radio especially on hot 97.

Yup. Chances are if you are in NYC bumping Face and UGK... you know your %#%%. Very rare to find though.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i'm not gonna get into every endless argument you presented. but
roll.gif
@ wayne blowing up because of new york.

damn right he blew up cuz of NYC, son was a honorary diplomats members da way he was on all those tapes....

that dipset co-sign helped embraced lil wayne to NYC rap fans who don't like embracing anything outside our city limits.

I know 04-07 mad southern cats was on the radio. They would play all that popular shhh, now that the south isn't that hot no more they not playing thesouth shhh as much

Originally Posted by ninjahood

roll.gif

damn right he blew up cuz of NYC, son was a honorary diplomats members da way he was on all those tapes....

that dipset co-sign helped embraced lil wayne to NYC rap fans who don't like embracing anything outside our city limits.

$!@#, NYC dudes were +#+%%!# with Weezy mixtapes harder than southern dudes for a minute. Him gettin so much hype from NYC cats helped him blwo up on anational level.

*Waits for Southern dudes and TIME to contest that*

Man if anyone was rocking Paul Walls wack +!# in NY
smh.gif

I'll **@# around with Scarface though... The Fix FTW
pimp.gif

The Dipset movement was already popping all over, then Wayne came in and had every 9-18 year old in the city turning into a wannabe-blood overnight. NYC setsthe trends and everybody follows, that's how it always worked. Dudes just confusing those few years the South got attention for their ringtone and clubhits as NY falling off... nah, NY still makes careers.

Originally Posted by M16

No.

Ask 10 NYC "rap fans" if they like Scarface and 9 will say "Yeah it was a good movie".

If you asked 10 people from Texas if they like Scarface 10 of them would say it was a good movie too. How are they suppose to differentiate the two? They havethe same exact name lol.

roll.gif

$!@#, NYC dudes were +#+%%!# with Weezy mixtapes harder than southern dudes for a minute. Him gettin so much hype from NYC cats helped him blwo up on a national level.

How can NY start a career when they don't even buy albums lol? Especially hip hop albums? That's nonsense. Sure it helped but I saw Wayne's buzzarise when he dropped them Sqad Up tapes. Its funny seeing Drake's hype grow because the hype he has right now is the same type of hype Wayne had when hestarted dropping those Sqad up tapes.
laugh.gif
@ Ny making Wayne's career. Why can't they make anyone actually from NY a career?

Originally Posted by M16

The Dipset movement was already popping all over, then Wayne came in and had every 9-18 year old in the city turning into a wannabe-blood overnight. NYC sets the trends and everybody follows, that's how it always worked. Dudes just confusing those few years the South got attention for their ringtone and club hits as NY falling off... nah, NY still makes careers.

Yea. They make careers for everyone but NY apparently.
laugh.gif
Sounds ridiculous.

I'm not in NY but I rarely listen to radio regardless of state because they all play the same %++*

Radio doesn't play the good %++* I like to hear so usually I rock with CDs. Luckily I live in an area with the best radio stations in VA (757 and if youhave to dispute I've spent significant time in NoVA, 804 etc.) Shoutouts to 91.1 and 102.9 that stay playin that real %++*.

Shoutouts to Face and UGK because they are VETERANS in the game regardless of location and dudes who listen to real rap know this.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I know 04-07 mad southern cats was on the radio. They would play all that popular shhh, now that the south isn't that hot no more they not playing the south shhh as much

Basically. Houston ain't what's poppin' right now, at least mainstream wise. I don't think anybody from Houston as any sort of mainstream dealanymore besides Cham, and he doesn't have an album droppin' no time soon. I heard I Run on Hot97 my last trip to NY and i was shocked. Funny thing iseverybody from D-Town is gettin' deals these days off these silly +*+ dance songs and they get no radio play outside the South.

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

I know 04-07 mad southern cats was on the radio. They would play all that popular shhh, now that the south isn't that hot no more they not playing the south shhh as much

Basically. Houston ain't what's poppin' right now, at least mainstream wise. I don't think anybody from Houston as any sort of mainstream deal anymore besides Cham, and he doesn't have an album droppin' no time soon. I heard I Run on Hot97 my last trip to NY and i was shocked. Funny thing is everybody from D-Town is gettin' deals these days off these silly +*+ dance songs and they get no radio play outside the South.

Coming from Dallas it pains me to say our rap scene is a variant gay version of the ATL movement in '03. ITs pitiful. I think soon though you gonna seemost rappers signed to E1 or Koch. There aren't going to be any mainstream rappers in a few years.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Basically. Houston ain't what's poppin' right now, at least mainstream wise. I don't think anybody from Houston as any sort of mainstream deal anymore besides Cham, and he doesn't have an album droppin' no time soon. I heard I Run on Hot97 my last trip to NY and i was shocked. Funny thing is everybody from D-Town is gettin' deals these days off these silly +*+ dance songs and they get no radio play outside the South.

Coming from Dallas it pains me to say our rap scene is a variant gay version of the ATL movement in '03. ITs pitiful. I think soon though you gonna see most rappers signed to E1 or Koch. There aren't going to be any mainstream rappers in a few years.

QFT. Where the hell is Tum Tum? I swore D-town wasn't like that when I used to hear them. Now it seems like every rapper from up there pops an X and runsin the studio.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Coming from Dallas it pains me to say our rap scene is a variant gay version of the ATL movement in '03. ITs pitiful. I think soon though you gonna see most rappers signed to E1 or Koch. There aren't going to be any mainstream rappers in a few years.

QFT. Where the hell is Tum Tum? I swore D-town wasn't like that when I used to hear them. Now it seems like every rapper from up there pops an X and runs in the studio.
I forgot about them DSR boys. D-Town finally getting some spins and the cats that really started putting us in the forefront or no where to beseen. Play N Skillz neither. Only cat i'm rockin' with right now is Durrough. These gay dances and +$# gotta go. I'm not even asking for lyricism.Just get this femine +$# on somewhere.

QFT. Where the hell is Tum Tum? I swore D-town wasn't like that when I used to hear them. Now it seems like every rapper from up there pops an X and runs in the studio.
I forgot about them DSR boys. D-Town finally getting some spins and the cats that really started putting us in the forefront or no where to be seen. Play N Skillz neither. Only cat i'm rockin' with right now is Durrough. These gay dances and +$# gotta go. I'm not even asking for lyricism. Just get this femine +$# on somewhere.

You're honestly the first person from the D not co-signing that wack %$%$. I was out at PV almost every weekend and it's disgusting to see grown !@+men doing those gay !@+ dances. I'm waiting for Tum Tum to pop back up with something. Hell, i'm just waiting on somebody to pop out the D withsomething that's jamming minus a dance.

I forgot about them DSR boys. D-Town finally getting some spins and the cats that really started putting us in the forefront or no where to be seen. Play N Skillz neither. Only cat i'm rockin' with right now is Durrough. These gay dances and +$# gotta go. I'm not even asking for lyricism. Just get this femine +$# on somewhere.

You're honestly the first person from the D not co-signing that wack %$%$. I was out at PV almost every weekend and it's disgusting to see grown !@+ men doing those gay !@+ dances. I'm waiting for Tum Tum to pop back up with something. Hell, i'm just waiting on somebody to pop out the D with something that's jamming minus a dance.

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiii try living in shreveport
your gays dances plus our gay dances smh I don't even feel comfortable acknowledging this $!*

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

You're honestly the first person from the D not co-signing that wack %$%$. I was out at PV almost every weekend and it's disgusting to see grown !@+ men doing those gay !@+ dances. I'm waiting for Tum Tum to pop back up with something. Hell, i'm just waiting on somebody to pop out the D with something that's jamming minus a dance.

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiii try living in shreveport
your gays dances plus our gay dances smh I don't even feel comfortable acknowledging this $!*

I'm from the H, so no dances here, but D-town music gets played like every other song on the radio, and between that and Ne-yo's 'Mad', i'mready for a change. I remember faintly what Dallas used to sound like, and it's nothing like the crap coming out right now.

When "Hustler Music" dropped Dudes in NYC were feeling it.
No one took it so serious.
Then the mixtapes began pouring in,
all the Diplomat Co-signing and the recent emergence of Miami In hip hop/Khaled is what Solidified Wayne in to the mainstream
and it was undeniable that he was going to be a success on the radio

Only Time Houston was getting play out here was when Still Tipping dropped

Originally Posted by M16

No.

Ask 10 NYC "rap fans" if they like Scarface and 9 will say "Yeah it was a good movie".

If you asked 10 people from Texas if they like Scarface 10 of them would say it was a good movie too. How are they suppose to differentiate the two? They have the same exact name lol.

Obviously you would ask in a discussion about rap.

roll.gif

$!@#, NYC dudes were +#+%%!# with Weezy mixtapes harder than southern dudes for a minute. Him gettin so much hype from NYC cats helped him blwo up on a national level.

How can NY start a career when they don't even buy albums lol? Especially hip hop albums? That's nonsense. Sure it helped but I saw Wayne's buzz arise when he dropped them Sqad Up tapes. Its funny seeing Drake's hype grow because the hype he has right now is the same type of hype Wayne had when he started dropping those Sqad up tapes.
laugh.gif
@ Ny making Wayne's career. Why can't they make anyone actually from NY a career?

Really? Can't start a rap career? Pure ignorance. Whatever you wanna say, it the place to be in hip hop. You're in movies, you go to L.A. You in hiphop, you go to NY. Drake STAYS in New York now. Every time a see a video of the dude he is in NY. That is where you go for exposure. I don't care if youdont believe me. Same goes for Wayne. He made a hot Drought 3....and then got on a TON of features with NY dudes...dipset, fat joe, im not gonna even name emall. Dont be mad because more people found out about weezy from his features AND THEN listened to albums like carter I and II, drought 3...

Back
Top Bottom