NYC Heads: Do Texas Artists get airplay on Hot 97/Power 105?

Bun B
Paul Wall
Slim Thug
Scarface
Chamillionaire
etc.

Do any of them get spins on NYC radio? Regardless of that, does anyone even bump any of their stuff in NYC?

Appreciate any answers/input in advance.

Thanks.

Nah not really i would i heard slim thug more because of his single but i havent even heard that in a while.

No.

Ask 10 NYC "rap fans" if they like Scarface and 9 will say "Yeah it was a good movie".

Hell naw. No Texas cats get PT. No play in Philly either. R&B cats do though. But no chopped and screwed and regular TX artists.

ive heard bun b a couple of times, and im pretty sure i heard scarface and the geto boys during the throwback at noon or when flex used to play throwbacks at 9

but na they not in main rotation like drake best i ever had is

Originally Posted by M16

Ask 10 NYC "rap fans" if they like Scarface and 9 will say "Yeah it was a good movie".

roll.gif

NO

2 many NYC sack riding on that garbage station

if you not from NYC they refuse to play other artists

i just hope other cities would refuse to play these NYC lame artists

go watch clips of snoop at the 95 source awards and your questions will be answered

laugh.gif
Only when they collab with NY artists or vice versca. Oh andthere's the old skool at noon on both stations where they play My Minds Playin Tricks On Me every now and then.

I will admit when the South had there run all of them except for Scarface were getting played for a quick min.

At this point which region running rap is up for grabs so anytime I put on the radio they pushing w/e pop/mainstream garbage NY rappers they can on the radio.Trying to bring NY back I guess.

Then again outside of Face n Bun I don't think them other dudes got music out there like that then again I rarely listen to the radio anymore, more of apreteen phase for me.

Why should they?? Hot 97 is ghey anyway... And has been that way for a WHILE...

The Hot97 playlist is on their website if you care enuff to look @ it... Its pretty much the same as every other Radio One/Clear Channel staion with theexception of regional artists...

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Flex is a nut rider
Tryin to play Drake all the time

roll.gif
roll.gif
flex dont even let the songs finish he restarts em like 9 times and switch thesong up

Hmm.. I guess what I'm saying is if Bun B/Scarface had a show in NYC.. would it flop?
laugh.gif

Back from like 03-07, I stopped listening to hot 97/power 105. All they played was Lil Jon, Ying Yang, Three Six Mafia, Paul Wall, Mike Jones,Chamillionare.....and Wayne...(who knew what he was doing and got on as a guest on every song he could with NY area dudes to get airplay. Then 2008 was hisbiggest year because NY>Your City), ANYWAYS i digress..last fall was the first time I stated listening to the radio again. I swear, once that recession camedudes went straight into that studio and started making heat again. Those southern dudes made a tight club banger, which became extremely annoying after 3months. Seriously, how many songs from lil jon you gonna be looking back on and saying "this is real hip hop" And don't you dare say"yeah."

Originally Posted by ciph4

Hmm.. I guess what I'm saying is if Bun B/Scarface had a show in NYC.. would it flop?
laugh.gif
Na, cause you have to realize there 16 million people in the greater NYC area. It is the place of the birth of hip-hop and the treu hip-hop sceneis huge. Face had a free show out in Red Hook last summer it was pretty packed.

I know dudes who bump UGK and 'Face but is a select group of true hip-hop heads and that is not what you find on the radio especially on hot 97.

Back
Top Bottom