NYC members, what's your favorite borough and why?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by levar burton, Mar 11, 2012.

1. levar burton

levar burton

Showed my cousin the other thread and it's HIM AGAINST NEW YORK NOW (we're all lame and crazy and New York is over-rated).What's your favorite borough? Why is it? What would you change about it? What would you recommend to a friend going on a date or showing a male/female around? 

Mines is Manhattan with Brooklyn in a strong second, I like the artisan culture of Brooklyn it's young, fresh, and welcoming. But Manhattan has so much energy and I'd say roughly 80% of the residents aren't from Manhattan or even America so it makes for nice conversation and experiences when you meet them.

2. Bend_The_Knee

Bend_The_Knee formerly gotholesinmysocks

queens [​IMG]

3. jordanhead718212

jordanhead718212

Queens of course! That's where I was born and raised for half of my life. Moved to Maryland for the other half and now i'm back in Queens. Feelsgoodman [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. debso

debso

Queens

5. dmxgod

dmxgod

Bronx..hands down..

6. bandit country

bandit country

Manhattan obviously. Queens is a distant second, though.

7. nikelovesyou

nikelovesyou

Queens ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

8. xflyguyrock2o

xflyguyrock2o

BX Stand Up!!!

9. thekidstaten

thekidstaten

Flyguy that car is so hard.. and Staten Island.. just because.

10. goofy

goofy

Queens.

11. GTA 809

GTA 809

Brooklyn.

12. wildmoodswings

wildmoodswings

Easily Manhattan. It has pretty much anything you're looking for; ranging from food, entertainment, to shopping. Needless to say, partaking in most of these activities aren't cheap.
    I love the East Village, but goddamn, it can be so crowded throughout the day that you can barely walk at a normal pace on the sidewalk. I go down to Sunshine Cinema on East Houston when I need to see some exclusively released independent film. My favorite restaurants are in the East Village, and I actually do most of my clothes shopping there as well.

I'm from the Bronx, though. [​IMG]

13. ritchdad

ritchdad

Why do you guys like queens so much?

14. mjwizkid

mjwizkid

15. l0wereastsider

l0wereastsider

best borough is money making manhattan! its where all the moneys at. u could find almost anything out here and i mean almost anything

16. l0wereastsider

l0wereastsider

a lot of people are writing queens. tell me why and please dont say its cause thats where u live as the only answer

17. iswearimcool

iswearimcool Banned

queens. the most laid back borough

manhattan is too busy

bronx is too *******

brooklyns gentrification is crazy

staten island dont count/

18. nycposite

nycposite

Manhattan hands down. There is everything here

2nd is queens for me

19. rico x hood

rico x hood

Manhattan followed by Staten, that's where I'm from.

20. awindrem

awindrem

Manhattan then BK. Nothing anywhere can touch Man. Always I mean always something going on!

21. kermitthefloer

kermitthefloer

Harlem duh, the 6th Borough lol JK. In all honesty Manhattan since I was born and raised here, and there is plenty to do through out the whole island.

Although I go in on BK all the time I would say it is the second best, depending on where you live out there and what you get involved in. Queens is really nice, and more like a Suburb than anything to me, but lets be honest, they need to go over there civil planning with the roads and street names.

BX is okay, mainly because its the closet borough to me, and I do not have to pay a damn toll to get there and get back. Most of it is a **** hole though. Staten Island, needs to stop being counted lol.

22. send one

send one

Manhattan.

And I'm from Queens.

23. smurfysmurf821

smurfysmurf821

Bronx all day.....so many parts of the bronx its always something to do. from fordham to riverdale to throgs neck to south bronx to uptown..

24. kidstaten

kidstaten

Staten Island is 2nd to BK.

25. Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

Gill Baka Esq. LLC. formerly grimlock

QUEENS. I say that because it's my birthplace and like someone said it's the most diverse and laidback borough. You can go chill in astoria one day and shop and go eat and hookah and strip clubs or I can go to forest hills and eat and watch a movie and shop and what not. Plus astoria park and flushing park run it. when I want to get my hood on I'll go to jamaica ave and get my deals out there. If you go out to LIC or astoria you really get that nice look into manhattan that you can't get in Manhattan to take it in. Manhattan is nice but you got all the congestion and the people from other states that are "trying to make it in nyc" or some laughable b.s. like that or whatever motto they came into nyc with like "if I can make it in nyc I can make it anywhere" :lol: like ************ you should just move to that anywhere place from the get go and stop fronting like you don't wanna live that glamorous nyc lifestyle. stupid pricks.

But yea Queens, manhattan, BK, BX....and I've never eem been to SI.