NYC NTers: Moving to NYC, need help finding an apartment

Whats up NT,

Just graduated from college, got a job in Hedge Fund/Institutional Sales in Midtown, and need to find an apartment.
I am not sure if this belongs in the Regional but figured I would throw it in General first, mods, please move if you think its a better fit in Regional NYC.

My question is, can some of the NYC NTers list off some reputable apartment brokers companies so I can go on the websites. I have been going on Craigslist alot but getting alot of "that one just got rented, but we have blah blah" seems like a lot of brokers are just looking for the call.

Thanks in advance and any input is appreciated. 

Whats up NT,

Just graduated from college, got a job in Hedge Fund/Institutional Sales in Midtown, and need to find an apartment.
I am not sure if this belongs in the Regional but figured I would throw it in General first, mods, please move if you think its a better fit in Regional NYC.

My question is, can some of the NYC NTers list off some reputable apartment brokers companies so I can go on the websites. I have been going on Craigslist alot but getting alot of "that one just got rented, but we have blah blah" seems like a lot of brokers are just looking for the call.

Thanks in advance and any input is appreciated. 

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

haha my man Frische, if you didn't like the Jets, we would be much better frends haha! 

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

haha my man Frische, if you didn't like the Jets, we would be much better frends haha! 

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You'll hate me even more when one of these days I have some ownership in the Jets
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
.. Congrats though.. I may have something coming up in JPMorgan so I'll eventually see you in some corporate gig one day [/color]
tongue.gif

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]You'll hate me even more when one of these days I have some ownership in the Jets
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
.. Congrats though.. I may have something coming up in JPMorgan so I'll eventually see you in some corporate gig one day [/color]
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I hear top hedge funders make $200,000 a hour.
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

haha, yeah i wish.
im working for a boutique research/trading firm that main clients are hedge funds, i-banks, mutual funds, pension plans, and general institutions. the firm is only about 4 years old, so their is a significant business development role attached to it, and its very much client facing, i am looking forward to the opportunity and being part of building something from the ground up.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I hear top hedge funders make $200,000 a hour.
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

haha, yeah i wish.
im working for a boutique research/trading firm that main clients are hedge funds, i-banks, mutual funds, pension plans, and general institutions. the firm is only about 4 years old, so their is a significant business development role attached to it, and its very much client facing, i am looking forward to the opportunity and being part of building something from the ground up.

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
You'll hate me even more when one of these days I have some ownership in the Jets
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
.. Congrats though.. I may have something coming up in JPMorgan so I'll eventually see you in some corporate gig one day
tongue.gif

sounds good man, i just want to be like the GM or the Patrios haha. but we should link up for a beer sometime down there, always trying to increase my network.

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
You'll hate me even more when one of these days I have some ownership in the Jets
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
.. Congrats though.. I may have something coming up in JPMorgan so I'll eventually see you in some corporate gig one day
tongue.gif

sounds good man, i just want to be like the GM or the Patrios haha. but we should link up for a beer sometime down there, always trying to increase my network.

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
tongue.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sounds good, we'll keep in touch. Good luck on finding that apartment[/color]

Whats up NT,

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
tongue.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sounds good, we'll keep in touch. Good luck on finding that apartment[/color]

Congrats! I remember reading your thread asking about how to get into the Industry.

You might want to look for an apt broker and get in touch with them before moving up there.

Congrats! I remember reading your thread asking about how to get into the Industry.

You might want to look for an apt broker and get in touch with them before moving up there.

I used to live in the city, then moved to Boston, now I'm in Greenwich commuting in to NYC for work. I'll just recommend a place for you to look into: Stuyvesant Town in Gramercy. It's a pretty nice apartment community with a young, diverse group of tenants. They're also lowering their rental rates.

http://www.stuytown.com/

Also, try to find a roommate or two. A big thing to do in NYC is take a 2 bedroom and put up a wall to create 3 rooms, thus lowering your rent per person. Alot of complexes/management company's actually offer this service at the signing of your lease and put the wall up for you.

The good thing about NYC is there's always apartments available and can get one pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom