NYC Rent Guidelines Board Approves Increases For Rent-Stabilized Apartments

The city's Rent Guidelines Board approved rent increases for the city's 1 million rent-stabilized apartments Thursday night.

In a 5-4 vote, the board approved increases of 4 percent on one-year lease renewals and 7.75 percent on two-year renewals.
The vote took place during a public meeting at Cooper Union's Great Hall.

"Enough is enough. Tenants are stressed enough, our costs are going up, our daily living costs. The rent increases that are being proposed by this board, it's unrealistic, it's actually laughable," said an opponent of the rent hikes.
"Working New Yorkers, most of whom have gone for five years without wage increases and many of them have taken pay cuts, when health insurance increases are accounted for, and yet we've had five years of rent increases that far exceed wage increases," said another opponent of the rent hikes. "This can't go on."

"Real estate taxes for the last 12 years under the Bloomberg administration have gone up by 125 percent, water and sewer rates have increased by over 100 percent and the Rent Guidelines Board has given owners increases that amount to about half that amount, so we're looking for a reasonable set of guidelines this year," said a supporter of the rent hikes.

http://manhattan.ny1.com/content/to...oves-increases-for-rent-stabilized-apartments

Seen this coming a mile away.

Eventually they'll get rid of rent stabilization and charge market rate.

Last edited:
2zrotjd.jpg
b4 ninjahood

Last edited:
:smh: How am I supposed to get my own apartment out here if they keep doing **** like this?!

:smh: How am I supposed to get my own apartment out here if they keep doing **** like this?!
You'll have to keep renting a room :smh:
The way things are going if you're in you're in your 20's or 30's you'll have to live with roommates. Rich people will have apartment to themselves. Everyone else will be driven to the outskirts of the borough's ie. the Bronx, south Brooklyn, eastern queens.

First thing I thought of was Ninja.

Everyone stays firing shots at the dude.

2j0xwuo.jpg

I'm from NY. But no way would I ever want to move back. Watched my moms worked day in and day out to pay for the $1200 two bedroom apartment that we stayed in. You literally get nothing for what you pay for. I'm genuinely convinced folks stay there for the sake of saying they live in New York.

Last edited:
2j0xwuo.jpg

I'm from NY. But no way would I ever want to move back. Watched my moms worked day in and day out to pay for the $1200 two bedroom apartment that we stayed in. You literally get nothing for what you pay for. I'm genuinely convinced folks stay there for the sake of saying they live in New York.
thats pretty obvious..one of da greatest cities in da world.

Back
Top Bottom