NYC SNOW STORM Vol. IS Cuny Open!? Update

going to school today wasnt even a big deal. Class was a breeze and im only in there for like 3 hours so whatever... (City College of NY)

Originally Posted by socaking

going to school today wasnt even a big deal. Class was a breeze and im only in there for like 3 hours so whatever... (City College of NY)

Was the campus dead?

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

mad.gif

JOHN JAY - OPEN
I've learned during my time in John Jay, that it never closes.

Thank goodness I'm done.
laugh.gif

John Jay FTML! Damn gov101 prof had me in class with full lecture with 4 kids.

Parents going to work FTML! I had to shovel the sidewalk, the longass driveway, and the damn backyard.

Originally Posted by illmatickal

Originally Posted by discombobulated jack

man worst *** day to go to baruch. i had a midterm today that up till that point, wasnt cancelled. anyway i live in queens and i troop through the snow at 6 in the morning to the bus and take the train for 2 hours. when i get out of the train , i get an email on my blackberry from my professor saying midterm for today was cancelled. FML. so i head to the bagel store to have breakfast and im ready to peace out and head back to the train and i get another email saying that the midterm cancellation email was fake, and someone made a FAKE email that looked like hers and that my midterm was STILL on. FML again. And head back to school. wait around for another hour or so studying, reading, and whatnot. i get ANOTHER email from my REAL professor saying finally, that she decided to CANCEL the test anyway because too many people might have thought it was still cancelled due to the fake email. basically i woke up, trooped the snow, and walked around for nothing. CUNYS should have been closed in the first place.

cliff notes:

-troop to city in the snow
-get an email saying my midterm was cancelled
-email was fake from fake email address and midterm was still on
-midterm ended up getting cancelled anyway
-travelled and waited for a total of 4 hours for nothing.
-*%$+ the cuny system. you owe me 4 dollars.

eco 1002 with chakraborty?
laugh.gif
Luckily I didnt leave my house early. Just be glad you got that bagel and didnt hop on the train. My friend went to school, got the fake email and went home (staten island). Once she got home, she found out it was a fake email so she went back to school. Upon getting to school, she finds out its really cancelled.

eek.gif
.. someone had it worse than me huh? oh well. see you in class, whoeveru are. lol

i dont think there is a such thing as 2 snow days in a row...not even for blizzards...someone correct me if im wrong

Originally Posted by Lrrr

i dont think there is a such thing as 2 snow days in a row...not even for blizzards...someone correct me if im wrong

Hell, I'll take a delayed start at like..7 am tomorrow..

I kick myself in the @@+ for taking a 6:30 am class.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

Lrrr said:

Hell, I'll take a delayed start at like..7 am tomorrow..

I kick myself in the @%@ for taking a 6:30 am class.
smh.gif
Didn't know they had classes that early.
eek.gif

Earliest I figured was 7:30 or 8. Hell, even 7 is pushing it. 6:30 is just
smh.gif

I have an 8:30 - 10 tomorrow. I'm hoping the school doesn't open until 10.

I know
smh.gif

When I made my sched, I was like..F it, I don't wanna be in class at like 7pm, but then all the regular time classes were filled so I was like whatever,I'll knock it out..

Philosophy at 6:30am FTMFL.

10:07 pm EST, Mon., Mar. 2, 2009
The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in Upton, NY: Mastic, 15.7"...Commack, 14.5"... Rocky Point, 14.2"... Old Saybrook, 14.0"... Orient, 14.0"... East Patchogue, 14.0"... Upton, 13.9"... EastSetauket, 13.3"... Coram, 13.0"... Great Kills, 13.0"... Medford, 13.0"... Mount Sinai, 13.0"... North Babylon, 13.0"... MiddleIsland, 12.8"... Hicksville, 12.5"... Hauppauge, 12.5"... Huntington Station, 12.5"... Woodmere, 12.4"... Stony Brook, 12.1"...Islip, 12.0"... Wantagh, 11.8"... Roslyn Harbor, 11.5"... Port Jefferson, 11.5"... Lindenhurst, 11.5"... Rockville Centre,11.5"... North Haven, 11.3"... Smithtown, 11.3"... Tuxedo, 11.2"... Westhampton Beach, 11.0"... Baldwin Park, 11.0"...Centereach, 11.0"... Harriman, 11.0"... Bethpage, 10.9"... Inwood, 10.9"... Rego Park, 10.8"... Newtown, up to 8.1"... Baldwin,up to 9.5"... New Windsor, up to 6.0"... West Milford, up to 13.5"... Waterbury, up to 8.5"... Cutchogue, up to 11.0"... Floral Park,up to 10.0"... East Meadow, up to 9.2"... Plainview, up to 12.1"... Seaford, up to 10.1"... Riverhead, up to 11.2". Stay tuned to TheWeather Channel or go to weather.com for further updates on this winter weather event.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

10:07 pm EST, Mon., Mar. 2, 2009

The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in Upton,
NY: Islip,
12.0" Stay tuned to
The Weather Channel or go to weather.com for further updates on this
winter weather event.

Damn...1 foot for me
smh.gif

Got an email this morning from BMCC that it was open. I didn't go to class and it's a good thing too because the time i would've been coming home iwould have got caught in the storm. People not shoveling their sidewalk. SMH.

i drove thru this #+$* last night at like 2 am.what wasa 40 min drive it came to be a 2 1/2 hour drive smh

Down at Rutgers, school was closed even though the snow amounted to absolutely squat. Swing and a miss from the school.
I should've majored in meteorology and get paid for being wrong.

Back
Top Bottom