NYC, Step In Here Vol. Housing

Hello NT,

Im a young dude going to school in Queens (commuting from LI), the commute is annoying and ends up a bit tiring.
I'm looking to move out later this year (hopefully during the summer).
I wanted to know which borough has the cheapest housing, and where online should I be looking.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

Queensbridge Housing Projects, thank me later

roll.gif
roll.gif

at that

and double

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

for me noticing ur name madd late

Originally Posted by MidnightMarauder913

Im a young dude going to school in Queens (commuting from LI), the commute is annoying and ends up a bit tiring.
Save your money and live at home. There is no place in the five boroughs that offers cheap housing without compromising living conditions. Get a car instead.

I'm guessing St. Johns or Queens College...

Either way, stay in Queens. The Bronx would probably be too far, same with Staten and Manhattan would probably be outta your price range. Brooklyn's a good possibility but you'd probably want to be close to campus. If you're at St. John's look around Jamaica. All the St. John's kids seem to stay on the Jamaica Estates side of Hillside Ave (I co-own a building on Sutphin and Hillside and usually rent to St. John kids) but the other side is good if you're looking for cheap rent. I don't know much about the area around Queens College so I couldn't help you there.

Get a nice spot in the Bronx by Little Italy if you dnt mind traveling to school.

Im not to familiar with Queens
Try craigslist, they have some good spots.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I'm guessing St. Johns or Queens College...

Either way, stay in Queens. The Bronx would probably be too far, same with Staten and Manhattan would probably be outta your price range. Brooklyn's a good possibility but you'd probably want to be close to campus. If you're at St. John's look around Jamaica. All the St. John's kids seem to stay on the Jamaica Estates side of Hillside Ave (I co-own a building on Sutphin and Hillside and usually rent to St. John kids) but the other side is good if you're looking for cheap rent. I don't know much about the area around Queens College so I couldn't help you there.
thanks, much appreciated.
check your PM doe. (no hommilz)

...anyone else have any advice?

I heard east new york and brownsville have great living communities. i.e. Pink Houses

Qb reppin 40th side... But good luck getting into any projects unless ur a homeless chic with kids or a battered women...... otherwise you'll b on the waiting list til u get ur masters.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Save your money and live at home. There is no place in the five boroughs that offers cheap housing without compromising living conditions. Get a car instead.
what he said. just get a car dude

$900 will get you a shoe box in the BX and depending where you are you will get got if you don't know anyone

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

what he said. just get a car dude
i already, weighed this option, but im going to be in the city a hell of a lot more for music, blogging, school etc. staying on LI just seems like a waste of time y'know.

im intersted too..whats the cheapest you can pay for a month up there?

down here in tx u can lease an a apartment for about 350 a month....do ya have apartments up there?

Your best bet would probably be renting a room if you want it cheap. I always considered doing that since they're all over craigslist, but the drawbacks were too strong for me. Plus factor in the money saved.

Originally Posted by BTK

I heard east new york and brownsville have great living communities. i.e. Pink Houses

Without fail this "joke" is made in every NY thread. Way to keep the streak alive.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Fresh Meadows/The area around Utopia Parkway south of the LIE

this is basically the area where I grew up, I wouldn't say it's affordable for a young dude in college

You can find a spot for around 500/month in the Astoria/LIC area and be near a bunch of trains and cool neighborhoods.

Back
Top Bottom