NYCers...Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th...

knowing how big business is, the cart is probably considered an 'eye sore'.

next time in NYC, im gunna give it a shot though.  last time I had street food out there it was piff

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I heard the Hilton across the street offered them $3 million to change their location from 53rd and 6th and they turned it down.
Why did Hilton want that??
The lines that form detract from the luxury appeal any hotel tries to push. On Thurs-Sat night, there are tons of drunk people takes pisses everywhere (guilty) and throwing those mini-containers of the sauce at buildings (guilty). It's just not a good look. I actually heard the buy-out was more than $3 million.
Anyway, it's not "overhyped to an astronomical degree'. It's not what it used to be but there's absolutely nothing better in that area for six bucks. Yeah, halal is halal, but other carts make the food way too oily.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

I heard the Hilton across the street offered them $3 million to change their location from 53rd and 6th and they turned it down.
Why did Hilton want that??
The lines that form detract from the luxury appeal any hotel tries to push. On Thurs-Sat night, there are tons of drunk people takes pisses everywhere (guilty) and throwing those mini-containers of the sauce at buildings (guilty). It's just not a good look. I actually heard the buy-out was more than $3 million.
Anyway, it's not "overhyped to an astronomical degree'. It's not what it used to be but there's absolutely nothing better in that area for six bucks. Yeah, halal is halal, but other carts make the food way too oily.
I was there earlier today and they weren't giving out the little containers of white sauce...idk why...maybe it was just today

damn i need to try this
pimp.gif

theres a bootleg one on 116th and Broadway... not quite as good, but its still crack when you're drunk/hungry

WHAT
 I would have took the money and ran, its nyc another corner isnt much different

btw do those carts have a license or something to operate on that corner?

I guess we all have different taste, cause the food to me is just DECENT. It's good, but people are really acting like the "white sauce" is the best stuff on Earth.

overrated, i think one of the best halal carts is the one in astoria by the supermarket parking lot
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Woodside718

overrated, i think one of the best halal carts is the one in astoria by the supermarket parking lot
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
mad specific "in astoria by the supermarket"

Originally Posted by heartofthacity

Originally Posted by Woodside718

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
mad specific "in astoria by the supermarket"
Word my bad
laugh.gif
, they are called the king of falafel i think. Located on corner of 30th st & broadway. Dude be throwing in free falafel to and always packs the food till it cant fit no more.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

damn i need to try this
pimp.gif
Dude, there are plenty of places in Toronto that sell this kind of food. "Villa Madina" in a lot of the malls and the stores between Pharmacy/Lawrence and Warden/Lawrence.

Yeah, they gotta pay an annual fee of like $500 or something. Here in Toronto it's $5000/yr to operate a hot dog stand
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

WHAT
 I would have took the money and ran, its nyc another corner isnt much different

from what i've read in the past they pay rent, a license, and are assigned a spot.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

laugh.gif
at the people waiting in the 20+ people line when the same people are serving the same food down the street

yeah man, my spot was the one on the other side of the block with the green onion & peppers
pimp.gif
  Unfortunately, these yellow bagged bastards bought out all of the 3 carts in that area and they're chicken sucks so bad. 

I think hes talking about the 53rd and 6th cart on the east corner. Its the same guys/food, but they now have two carts to shorten the super long lines the west corner gets.

Back
Top Bottom