NYCers...Halal Cart on 53rd and 6th...

For the love of me, I have no idea why this stand is "famous."

I thought it was straight garbage, nasty who-knows-what meat (nastiest "chicken" I've had in awhile, didn't even touch the lamb).

I'm convinced people are intrigued by the masses. A line forms and people want to get on it regardless. I get the cabbies and blue collar dudes looking for a cheap meal, but for business professionals spending their whole lunch hour on line for that hot mess when they can afford much better, it boggles my mind. Same hypebeasts that go to DiFara's in BK for that overpriced pizza.

Had it once like 4+ years ago and don't plan on going back. The fact that my then-girlfriend's best friend wanted to go there of all places for her birthday really got me ticked from the get-go. Fat slob wanting to travel like an hour and a half (from Staten) for goat meat? No thanks.

its good but it used to be better but in the battle of overhyped late night food spots. pinks > 53rd and 6th

still the halal cart is good as hell when your high, when im in new york i've made many late night trips from harlem to 53rd and 6th when the munchies kicked in.

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

I thought it was straight garbage, nasty who-knows-what meat (nastiest "chicken" I've had in awhile, didn't even touch the lamb).

I'm convinced people are intrigued by the masses. A line forms and people want to get on it regardless. I get the cabbies and blue collar dudes looking for a cheap meal, but for business professionals spending their whole lunch hour on line for that hot mess when they can afford much better, it boggles my mind. Same hypebeasts that go to DiFara's in BK for that overpriced pizza.

Had it once like 4+ years ago and don't plan on going back. The fact that my then-girlfriend's best friend wanted to go there of all places for her birthday really got me ticked from the get-go. Fat slob wanting to travel like an hour and a half (from Staten) for goat meat? No thanks.
Get outta here with that snobby attitude. Just because you are white collar you can't have some good cheap food? I understand if you don't like the food, but because you are business professional you are too good for it?
grin.gif
Plus you are a Boston fan
indifferent.gif

Sammy's on 74th fell off hard and same for 53rd. I get it from 34th ave and steinway, the owner of 53rd even buys from them so you know it's good. Shawarma and lamb over rice with fries and a order of falafel.
smokin.gif

Afghan food by Queens college and St.Johns>these carts any day.
pimp.gif

goooooddddaaaammmmmmmmnnnn
tell em why you 
mad.gif
 son?!?

There are better carts now but none have the following..if you go during the day their is an imposter cart there and the real guys are across 6th and also have a cart on 53rd and 7th. Believe they switch at 8pm

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

There are better carts now but none have the following..if you go during the day their is an imposter cart there and the real guys are across 6th and also have a cart on 53rd and 7th. Believe they switch at 8pm

They switch at 7 and the one across the street is the same. People rather wait in a line 30 mins then go across the street and not wait. Lately they been getting a line too but it's still not as big as the og one people love to wait for. I always hear people(tourists) that are waiting say the other ones aren't authentic.
laugh.gif

Ate their one time because I heard it was "the besst" from a friend... but idk, I didn't think it was better than the Halal cart outside Baruch on 25th street.. 53rd&6th is good.. just not worth the wait to be honest*.

If you're lunch is an hour, you shouldn't have to spend 25 of that on line. Lol

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Get outta here with that snobby attitude. Just because you are white collar you can't have some good cheap food? I understand if you don't like the food, but because you are business professional you are too good for it?
grin.gif
Plus you are a Boston fan
indifferent.gif

Sammy's on 74th fell off hard and same for 53rd. I get it from 34th ave and steinway, the owner of 53rd even buys from them so you know it's good. Shawarma and lamb over rice with fries and a order of falafel.
smokin.gif

Afghan food by Queens college and St.Johns>these carts any day.
pimp.gif
my dude..
pimp.gif

Everytime I read 'No thanks' I think of...

n682zn.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Oh and, for the dummies complaining about the length of the line.... you shouldn't even be arguing

1) I NEVER wait more than 10 minutes to get my food from across the street
2) If you knew any better, you'd know it's the same people in the night time
3) If you didn't know this.. you probably aren't from NY therefore meaning that you hardly eat at the place so your opinion doesnt count

Originally Posted by Control Are

We need one of these carts in LA. I'd take chicken and rice over bacon wrapped hotdogs any day
send one of those Taco trucks over here though.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

We need one of these carts in LA. I'd take chicken and rice over bacon wrapped hotdogs any day

I wish taco/burrito trucks were around here!
mariscostatianatacotruck.jpg

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

how about we trade you guys a pinks and a few in-n-outs in return for a few halal carts and a few grays papayas.

I would gladly trade you some halal carts and papayas for that.

GP is overrated.
and those Halal carts are overrated.

Back
Top Bottom