• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
East. In no particular order.

Cavs, Bulls, Pacers, Raptors, Nets, Wizards, Hornets. That's 7 right there. Do you think the Knicks are better than them? They all made the playoffs except for the Cavs, who now have Lebron. Oh yeah, Miami....they have Wade and Bosh still. This is what the Knicks are facing. Who do you have them replacing? Not hating on them, but this is just fact.

I think the Knicks will be better than the Nets, Raptors, and Hornets.

But maybe I just think those teams simply aren't that good.

IMO the pacers are the biggest question mark. Too much dysfunction on that team. Is it enough to fall out of the playoffs, idk, but the east will be competitive.

I don't think their drop offs (if any) are going to be that dramatic. Lionel Hollins...the last time he coached, he went to the WCF. Hornets, have a healthy Al Jefferson and now Lance. They are going to be better. Raptors kept Lowry and might just maintain. How you see them as "not good" is beyond me 
laugh.gif

IMO the pacers are the biggest question mark. Too much dysfunction on that team. Is it enough to fall out of the playoffs, idk, but the east will be competitive.
This. They are a question mark. They might actually be the team that gets replaced out of all of last years playoff teams. We still don't know what went wrong with them. Plus, they don't have that Miami target now that Lebron is gone. Miami was their only motivation before. 

Nets lost their second best player, DWill is question mark, Lopez is a question mark, Jarrett Jack is their starting PG, and their best player is 33 years old.

The Knicks had injuries and quit on their coach and still only missed the playoffs by 1 game. Personally, I think they'll make the playoffs, but the gap between them and the "favorites" isnt that much by any means.

Nets lost their second best player, DWill is question mark, Lopez is a question mark, Jarrett Jack is their starting PG, and their best player is 33 years old.

The Knicks had injuries and quit on their coach and still only missed the playoffs by 1 game. Personally, I think they'll make the playoffs, but the gap between them and the "favorites" isnt that much by any means.
Guess we'll just have to find out this season

In regard to Indy, I know I am going to get flamed, but I don't think PG is quite there as the "man" , he will be, but for now I think he has a way to go. Roy head isn't right, the only thing 1 I think is consistent on that team is D-West

I don't think their drop offs (if any) are going to be that dramatic. Lionel Hollins...the last time he coached, he went to the WCF. Hornets, have a healthy Al Jefferson and now Lance. They are going to be better. Raptors kept Lowry and might just maintain. How you see them as "not good" is beyond me :lol:
I just don't think highly of these teams. Look at their records from last year. I watch them play and just don't think 82 games they're coming out more successful. I think the Knicks can be better than them. Maybe I'm just looking through playoff goggles overall and seeing the Knicks playing at their best in comparison.

I also don't think highly of the Pacers but I recognize what their current ceiling is and it's better than what the Knicks got.

Last edited:

I don't think their drop offs (if any) are going to be that dramatic. Lionel Hollins...the last time he coached, he went to the WCF. Hornets, have a healthy Al Jefferson and now Lance. They are going to be better. Raptors kept Lowry and might just maintain. How you see them as "not good" is beyond me 
laugh.gif
I just don't think highly of these teams. Look at their records from last year. I watch them play and just don't think 82 games they're coming out more successful. I think the Knicks can be better than them. Maybe I'm just looking through playoff goggles overall and seeing the Knicks playing at their best in comparison.

I also don't think highly of the Pacers but I recognize what their current ceiling is and it's better than what the Knicks got.
I see what you're saying, but I based what I said off of where they finished last season. Nobody's record in the east is stellar, it just has to be good enough to grab one out of the 8 available seeds in the east.

Say what you want about John Starks, but that man was all ******* heart.

I dont get how you could claim to be a Knicks fan back in the day but also have an "eternal disgust" for a man who left everything that he possibly could have on the court every single ******* night that he played. Yes he had his flaws, yes he could be a hot head, but John Starks more than any player I can think of in Knicks history UNDERSTOOD the importance of being a New York Knick. I will eternally love him for that.

But considering that you are able to leave the Knicks behind after a couple of bad moves, I guess you dont understand the concept of having heart, and appreciating what a player like John Starks brings to the table. 

As to your other points I believe you could win a championship with J.R. Smith playing under control. And Phil Jackson has proven that he could handle disruptive personalities like JR EXTREMELY well. So I have faith in that.

Having said that we can and will not win a ring with JR playing second fiddle to Melo. But with Melo leading the way, a couple of key acquisitions here and there who fit the system (namely Marc Gasol, who I believe would be perfect here), the development of our young players, and better defensive cohesiveness, I think that JR is totally capable of winning a ring coming off the bench and providing scoring off the bench as long as hes not relied on as much as he was last season... Kind of like Vinny Johnson in Detroit but with Dennis Rodman's personality. 

Anyway the Knicks dont need to build a superteam. I dont think it would work here. We need to try and resemble what the Lakers did in Phil's second stint.

As I said before I see us as the 2005 Lakers right now when Phil came back.

The 2005 Lakers had 33 wins and brought Phil back after a one year hiatus. The 2006 Lakers improved greatly with a very similar roster and won 45 wins, a very real goal for this team IMO, and took the Suns to 7 games in the first round.

Melo in this case would be our Kobe. We dont need to bring a Shaq-type superstar to win with him, but if we could bring in Marc Gasol, who would be a PERFECT fit for this system, to play second fiddle to Melo IMO we could build a title team. Marc has Pau's offensive passing abilities and shooting touch but he is not as agile as Pau was. However, Marc has a better overall post game and is one of the best (if not the best) post defenders in the NBA right now. I do not consider Marc Gasol to be the best center in the league right now, but in this system if you gave me the choice of any center in the league, I would take Marc Gasol. He is built for this system.

Along with that, I think Calderon is a tremendous fit and while he is not a top 10 PG in the NBA by any means, he as well might be a top 10 PG fit in this system. That is why I believe Phil made this move. We need players like Shump and Tim to take leaps in their games, a couple of players as well, but it all comes down to how Melo can play in this system. I honestly have high hopes for Melo in the triangle as I have said before.

If the Knicks can pick up Marc Gasol next summer like the Kobe-led Lakers traded for Pau, I dont think the Knicks are far off from being a championship contending team. Alot needs to go our way and were not there yet. But I think Phil came here because he sees the potential that I am talking about to win soon with this roster. I also think he realized how important Melo is to this entire equation. He is the Kobe-esque star necessary to make this whole thing work and if we give him more help like the Lakers were able to do for Kobe, I honestly trust that Melo is capable to carry us to a championship.

The triangle will make Carmelo a better teammate than he has ever been before, and it will set him up for much more one-one-one opportunities and efficient scoring chances than he had last season with the double teams and contested jumpers (and still shot 45-40). 

Also, unrelated but Melo won "Most Clutch Athlete of 2014" at the Kid's Choice Awards... I love Melo as much as anybody but 
roll.gif

Last edited:
@THE GR8EST  you're one of those loyal Starks fans...cool. But the man was food at times. That same "heart" was 2/17 when Derek Harper had the hotter hand, don't hand me that BS. I respect the fact that you like him, he's just not one of my favorite Knicks. You are aware of the fact that you can be a fan of a team and not like every single player, right? You must have a Charles Smith jersey in your closet too 
laugh.gif
. But I'm not here for personal shots man. I'll just watch the season. One thing I've learned being a Knick fan was don't say **** before it happens, you might wind up looking foolish. To be fair with JR, I've felt this way about him since he was a Nugget. My feelings were the same for Carmelo. 

@THE GR8EST  you're one of those loyal Starks fans...cool. But the man was food at times. That same "heart" was 2/17 when Derek Harper had the hotter hand, don't hand me that BS. I respect the fact that you like him, he's just not one of my favorite Knicks. You are aware of the fact that you can be a fan of a team and not like every single player, right? You must have a Charles Smith jersey in your closet too 
laugh.gif
. But I'm not here for personal shots man. I'll just watch the season. One thing I've learned being a Knick fan was don't say **** before it happens, you might wind up looking foolish. To be fair with JR, I've felt this way about him since he was a Nugget. My feelings were the same for Carmelo. 
Im not as much a loyal Starks fan, more like a loyal Knicks fan. A concept you clearly do not understand, so ill be done with it.

**** Charles Smith

laugh.gif
Im not as much a loyal Starks fan, more like a loyal Knicks fan. A concept you clearly do not understand, so ill be done with it.

**** Charles Smith
Dat frustration 
roll.gif

Awww man , the mere mention of Charles Smith's name gets me real serious. Could make me walk away from a blow job ..

Back
Top Bottom