NYPD breaks NBA players leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The no medical treatment is gonna be the kicker if a lawsuit is brought forth. I think anyway. Broke leg is reason enough to be taken to the hospital not the nyc county jail infirmary. if he even got that.

We have no idea what their procedures and policies are. Hard to speculate that this would 'be the kicker'

Good news is there is video so he should be made whole again with little issue. The offending officers should also have a hearing and changes should be made based off the results

Last edited:
"New York pricks are _____ks..." How does this even happen? 
eyes.gif
. Nowadays people really want to make an example out of athletes. What happened to special treatment? That's always how its been. Deal with it. Cops salty as hell. 

Start taking it out of their pensions, things will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have no idea what their procedures and policies are. Hard to speculate that this would 'be the kicker'

Good news is there is video so he should be made whole again with little issue. The offending officers should also have a hearing and changes should be made based off the results
Because refusing medical treatment to someone in jail is lawsuit worthy and nypd got the money to pay out. Why wouldn't it be? If u go to jail and u have a broke leg, they take u to the hospital. They don't just take u down to the infirmary where it's for people coming off drugs and alcohol. no county jail is equipped to deal with that injury Thabo had. Unless he refused to go to hospital. Which I considerably doubt.

Last edited:
Considering brooklyn was playing the hawks that night, fighting for a playoff spot, and the fact they're probably gonna be playing each other in the 1st round makes people really start to think conspiracy theory. and the fact brooklyn owes atlanta their 2015 1st round draft pick. I'm not saying that, but I'm just saying. If u get me.

Because refusing medical treatment to someone in jail is lawsuit worthy and nypd got the money to pay out. Why wouldn't it be? If u go to jail and u have a broke leg, they take u to the hospital. They don't just take u down to the infirmary where it's for people coming off drugs and alcohol. no county jail is equipped to deal with that injury Thabo had. Unless he refused to go to hospital. Which I considerably doubt.

I repeat, I don't know their procedures or what took place regarding that portion of the story. I was commenting on your 'kicker' comment. You should at least find the silver linimg that there is video of this all occurring, otherwise no ramifications would follow

Who else is 6 8 with a 6 10 guy in a nyc city night club at 4am. cops watch sports too.
no offense but you're not from NY so you dont understand the type of person that is a cop here. you'll see tall people in NY all the time. hell i just saw a guy at the gym that was bigger than Thabo and looked more like an athlete than him that damn sure wasn't an athlete.

this thabo and pero antic b the only people that recognize them in NY is diehard sports fans.

cops dont give a **** about basketball players or even recognize when they're role players of a team that's not a national powerhouse cmon now. ny cops are just pricks through and through.

your average NYer can see thabo n pero on the street and they won't recognize them or think anything of them other than wow those guys are tall.

Last edited:
Those fans lack reason then. That's one of the most asinine things I've heard :lol:

Hey people are crazy what do u want me to say I've read a hawks fan say new york should have to donate a player to the hawks because of this

Personally I think the nypd knew they were basketball players but not their names or who they played for. I can hear a girl say "he tried to give them money". I dunno what she's meaning but I heard it. Nobody was charged tho.

Last edited:
I know atlanta isn't nyc but u wouldn't ever see this type of incident in Atlanta. are all the nypd cops white? Or the majority of them? Cause that's all I see in the clip. here in atlanta the majority of our cops are black. Then again doesn't look like we've ever seen a situation like this before anywhere in America.

Last edited:
I know atlanta isn't nyc but u wouldn't ever see this type of incident in Atlanta. are all the nypd cops white? Or the majority of them? Cause that's all I see in the clip. here in atlanta the majority of our cops are black. Then again doesn't look like we've ever seen a situation like this before anywhere in America.
I mean, the NYPD isn't the most progressive department in the world (actually they suck, they're horrible) but it's hard for me to imagine it's that much better in Georgia...

We're not talking about the state of new york vs georgia, talking about new york city vs atlanta.

Last edited:
Apparently you don't know what proper procedure is for arresting somebody. Saying someone is resisting doesn't = I can can do to u whatever I want because I'm John law. Or what excessive force being used is. Or refusal to grant medical attention for 12 hours to a man with a broke leg regardless how it happened. Lawsuit.
Dude I get that you're salty because your NBA team is relevant for the first time since the 80's (regardless of the fact that they'll be eliminated by Cavs pretty easily) but Thabo resisted arrest and his leg was broken in the process. Watch the video again, watch how many times Thabo pulls his hands from behind his back to the front of him. You see it? That's textbook resisting arrest ie not allowing your hands to be cuffed to affect an arrest. You know how many dudes want around this city that are that size and don't get a second look? You sound like a teenager thinking Thabos leg broke because some Net super fan wants to take out their 9th man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom