Oakland/Berkeley Heads: Is the border Ghetto?

My potential roommate and I are looking at a place on 59th and telegraph ave. near the Berkeley/Oakland border. Is that area ghetto? Does it have a lot of crime?
Silicon Valley
Home to:
Apple - Cisco - EA - eBay - Google - HP - Intel - Oracle - Yahoo!​

i know waterfront is bad, but other than that u should be good. north oakland and west oakland are kinda of the same cause u got ghetto black people living next door to middle class white people and they seem to get along.

it ghetto....i used to go school at McClymond i use to walk around there pretty plack living to middle class people but it seem fine
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Biedrins - Belinelli - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Wright

north oakland is nowhere near as ghetto as west oakland. you should be cool on 59th and telegraph, just dont move to 55th, gaskill or market
free city boys

Whats your definition of Ghetto? Just know that North Oakland/South Berkeley is not the best of neighborhoods, but like my man said its nothing compared to West Oakland :smh:
smh.gif
...........I live in West Oakland |I
tired.gif
Keep the Sonics in Seattle
Team Negrodamus​

@#%$ still get down in the north.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAM Black & Mild
EAST OAKLAND

this might not be related to this, but i know south side of Berkeley is real bad, but the north side is fine. wasn't there a drive-by in the Unit 2 dorms a couple yrs ago?
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

I'm living in South Berkeley for the summer and honestly, it's a lot worse than I expected. In the past month that I've been living here there have been 5 homicides within South Berkeley and every night I hear at least a few cop cars go past my window. Every morning there is a new car window smashed in on the street. And I'm not even that far down Telegraph (I'm on Dwight). I won't travel alone late. I don't know what you're expecting, but this definitely isn't the nicest/most safe place in the Bay.

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Man everywhere you go there is still going to be cop cars at night murders in the day.. thats just life..... Go live in the hills then if you tryin to get away from all that.... its just the bay mayne
****WANTED ALL DS SIZE 12.... SALE ME YOUR

XV.. BLACK/RED
XVI.. BLACK/RRD
XIX... BLACK/RRED

Back
Top Bottom