Obama gives himself B+ for first 11-12 months in office

Everybody keeps bringing up unemployment numbers. Does anybody understand economics?

1) People who actually believed all the campaign talk about "change" don't understand how politics works in Washington and need to stop votingand/or stop complaining.

2) He SAID he was going to focus on Afghanistan.

3) Grading the POTUS after one year is both stupid and inane.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

If the UK, Canada and hell, even Cuba can take better care of the citizens, why can't we?
smh.gif
Stop listening to Michael Moore... this is completely false.
I think you're being blind here..As a Canadian myself viewing from the outside you guys have a broken system. Far too many people arebecoming bankrupt because of health care costs..IMO health care should be a citizens right..Insurance companies are making billions off of people's"pre-existing" conditions...

U.S. health care systematically holds 1/3 of the population down...Its not about Michael Moore/Rush/Red/Blue...Its about the people mane.

i dont think that people understand how much pressure he is under. its like asking me to become fluent in another language but u call me a failure because icouldnt do it in a week

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Obama blatantly lied to each and every American that listen to any word he had to say. He preached 'change' over and over and told Americans he would abandon the Bush era of war and political views, yet I see the EXACT same methods and agenda as the previous administration. Hes in favor of corporate America...a puppet %@@ *@@*%.

F.
pimp.gif
truth.

everyones either an frustrated liberal or an angry conservative

Obama said he would change healthcare, bill is going to pass senate on monday with a public option for 30million people.

He said he would end the war in Iraq and step up the fight in Afghanistan, he is doing that

people just think recessions end and everything goes back to normal lol thats not how it works but i think the economy has been showing positive signs.Unemployment is no longer rising, inflation is low, most people who lost money in the stock market made 80% back, and most banks such as BOA have paid themoney the government gave them back. Remember when everyone went ape &$ on the Tarp fund? half of thats been paid back already.

B

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Yeah but then you'll get long lines and rationing. And no MRI machines.
frown.gif
...that's your comeback?

If longlines and people paying more taxes (you know, brining them up slightly to where they were under the Clinton regime) are your only complaints, thenthat's a good thing. All these greedy CEos and insurance companies pocketing billions a year they could give a rats !$+.

People want to complain just to complain, as bad as things are its already better than the last clown who was in office. There was no sense of direction underhim. Obama even said before he was elected that this is a very long term process, even beyond is 1 (or 2 terms), and people want to scrutinize his every moveyet have no alternative solution.

Nobody should be declined health care, we are all people.

Originally Posted by bkroc915

everyones either an frustrated liberal or an angry conservative

Obama said he would change healthcare, bill is going to pass senate on monday with a public option for 30million people.

He said he would end the war in Iraq and step up the fight in Afghanistan, he is doing that

people just think recessions end and everything goes back to normal lol thats not how it works but i think the economy has been showing positive signs. Unemployment is no longer rising, inflation is low, most people who lost money in the stock market made 80% back, and most banks such as BOA have paid the money the government gave them back. Remember when everyone went ape &$ on the Tarp fund? half of thats been paid back already.

B
I see what you're saying, people think that his slogan gives them a reason to whine if everything doesn't go the way they expected. I dolike that he got banks to ease up on overdraft fees, but he's got ways to go

Some of ya'll need a reality check. If you wanted magic you should've wrote in David Blaine on your ballot. This ship will not be righted overnight. Imean, we really got people in here hoping dude fails just so they can satisfy their need to say "I told you so" and validate their politicalpredictions. Get over yourselves.

Originally Posted by gko2408

Everybody keeps bringing up unemployment numbers. Does anybody understand economics?

1) People who actually believed all the campaign talk about "change" don't understand how politics works in Washington and need to stop voting and/or stop complaining.

2) He SAID he was going to focus on Afghanistan.

3) Grading the POTUS after one year is both stupid and inane.

THIS.
Smartest thing said in this post.... followed by Ravage's post

if you for 1 second thought that he could change everything thats wrong in america in 12 months..... you are an idiot.

id be surprised if in 2 years everything he "promised" is happening in full motion.... right now he is in the process of gettin the ball rolling oneverything.... and IMO he is done a DAMN good job with what he has had to deal with.
alot of you WONT see what he has done, because you wont be in a position to benefit for it... but for Unemployment, Medicaid, Family aid etc.... i speak firsthand, dude has looked out for those that dont have alot..... he giving a life line for them, while he fix $*@%, and get this country going back right......

B+ is pushing it though.... id say C+

I suppose most of you think McCain and Palin would be doing better?...

Originally Posted by slanguage

Originally Posted by neil likes poker

I would give him a D. People are unemployed, the rate keeps going up, foreclosures still coming. Until the job rate goes down, and people dont stop losing their homes he wont be liked. He had his stimulus which will kick in next year around election time, so the Democrats dont lose power. I think he has to cut government spending and make the country have a surplus to get an A from me.

do you even know what you are talking about?
laugh.gif
i was thinking that same thing when i read his post."cut gov't spending and make the country have a surplus..." if you can write a coherent report on how exactly that can happen in about a yearthen i will write your name in for next election...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Obama blatantly lied to each and every American that listen to any word he had to say. He preached 'change' over and over and told Americans he would abandon the Bush era of war and political views, yet I see the EXACT same methods and agenda as the previous administration. Hes in favor of corporate America...a puppet %@@ *@@*%.

F.
He said he'd end the war in IRAQ and concentrate on the war in Afghanistan, so how is he lying? He also said that everything won't befixed right away, and it might not happen during his term but that he would lay out the blueprint for things to get fixed which he has. Some of you expect toomuch too soon out of the government. Dude's been in office one year and want everything to be ok.

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

Dude's been in office one year and want everything to be ok.
When is he gonna have enoguh time in office to be criticized? After 3 months, he wasn't allowed to be criticized. After 6 months, hewasn't allowed to be criticized. Now its been a year and he still is not allowed to be criticized.

I'm sure after his term is over, you guys are gonna say... "He's only had one term in office, give him a chance."

Originally Posted by neil likes poker

I would give him a D. People are unemployed, the rate keeps going up, foreclosures still coming. Until the job rate goes down, and people dont stop losing their homes he wont be liked. He had his stimulus which will kick in next year around election time, so the Democrats dont lose power. I think he has to cut government spending and make the country have a surplus to get an A from me.
I only grade as pass/fail and the only way I will give anyone a pass is if there is something at least close to a balanced budget. As things arenow, Dems are losing their jobs by the day. First the bogus stimulus that was a total waste of money, and now it looks like the (even worse than the stimulus)health care bill is about to be passed. Gonna be brutal for them next election if things don't turn around in a hurry. Thats just the way it is. And Idon't buy the "it will take time" excuse either. Its just that neither party (because of their ideologies) has the willpower to do the rightthings. The country simply getting the budget balanced and being fiscally responsible would go a long way in getting people to trust them more but untillobbyists are eliminated, that will never happen either.

Back
Top Bottom