OBAMA lied about ending the War in Iraq to get elected

Originally Posted by theconditioner

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

This is what I hate about politics - especially American politics. People will stand up for someone not because they believe in their policy, but because that politician has emotional appeal, or because their ignorance in combination with polarization prevents them from taking a logical position.

Obama has been saying this for quite some time. It is no different from anything that has been going on before, only Obama words things correctly to maintain a good image. I mean, just look at what Obama said, and what he DIDN'T say - stuff was said that way on purpose, not surprisingly, because they wanted to conceal their real policy to the American people.

I have a suggestion. Lets listen to what the MAJORITY of Iraqis want in respect to an American troops presence - that is, that we get out of their country. Sure, there are logistical barriers to pulling out quickly, but leaving really does not seem to be our aim.

Stop with the rhetoric, Obama. Just like Bush, stop propagandizing America.
Right, but the region is so unstable, and the Iraqi army is not well trained enough to fend for themselves. It's not rhetoric, it's just common sense. There are a number of things that America does not want to happen to Iraq. One of them is Iran gaining too much influence over their government. However, even if they do or don't it makes no difference. If Iraq does turn out to be a democratic state, they're still going to agree with the Arab sentiment in the region and sympathize with the numerous gripes that Arabs have with America. Just because we brought them democracy does not mean that they're going to agree with us on every policy, and quite frankly I hope that they don't.

Overall, we are removing a large portion of the army, and I hope that after the response this plan received, we remove even more because we do need to train their troops, however we do not need 50,000 soldiers to stay and do this.
The region was made unstable due to the United States' presence. Ironically, according to a Pentagon report, 80% of Iraqis agreed that the key to national reconciliation was that we leave the country. It can't be more clear than that.

As far as the U.S. not wanting certain things to happen in Iraq: that is precisely why we shouldn't be there. We have unilaterally interfered with a sovereign nation, in violation of international law. If Iraq agrees with the region's anti-American sentiment, they're entitled to do so; they SHOULD be entitled to do so if they like.

And we're not going anywhere. It is nice to speculate and hypothesize that we're going to be leaving, but I wouldn't count on it, considering the money the United States has been allocating to build permanent bases in Iraq. In fact, some have even described a base we're building in Baghdad as a "city within a city."

We need to hold our leaders accountable for their actions. And so far, Obama's policy has not been unlike Bush's.
I agree with everything you just said. If we build that base we will be attacked again. The Saudis didn't want us in Saudi Arabia in 2000. TheIraqis don't want us there now, and they won't want us there in 10 years. We're so misguided to what the people of the region have gone through inrecent history that we make foolish decisions that cost us greatly later on. Sadly, with the construction of these bases, we're doing it again.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Obama sucks, McCain sucks, Dems suck, Republicans suck, all elected officials suck. Remember when it was the "best and brightest" minds? Now it is just who can survive the grimey politics. Our elected officials are so far out of touch with the "common man" it isn't funny.
Don't ever remember that, but I feel what you're saying.
Word.

Yeah, I really think that we don't care about the people in the region. Does anyone actually remember any of thetwo major candidates (and vice presidential candidates) mention ANYTHING about the people of Iraq, instead of ourtroops? I seriously watched their debates just to see if anyone would mention them. Never heard anything from any of them. It's all about resources imo.

Its not like we've completely ignored the collective voice of a whole people before, right?

Oh wait.. well Palestinians don't exist anyway so I guess they don't count.

eyes.gif

We really will never learn.

Its more about keeping Israel the dominant power in the region than resources. If Iran were to have some hand in what the government in Iraq did and maybeacquire a nuclear weapon, the balance of power, well, it might actually be balanced for the first time ever. And of course we can't let that happen.

1. He is getting the combat troops out in 19 months, he said 16 months in the campaign but 3 months is fine if it is necessary..

2. The transitional forces are there to make sure the Iraqi government can get themselves in place and on the same page, no tranistional forces would bedisasterous and we would end up being back there again in 2013 without transitional forces it is always done.

3. He said he would put more troops in Afghanistan during the campaign and during the debates. We are losing that war and whether you think Osama is dead ornot we need confirmation and the mountains/hills between Pakistan and Afghanistan needs to be gone through.

4. He will end the war and the troop structure shows that. You can't just pull out immediately from a war it is stupid and dangerous and would seriously bea problem for our security if we did.

5. He has not lied about his forign policy yet

6. Man, war is not as easy as you think. We may be a super power but we have to play smart we cant expect to use our braun every time and be safe by doingthat.

You don't have to support him but he is doing exactly what he promised and what the "reasonable" people wanted/expected in terms of foreignpolicy

4. He will end the war and the troop structure shows that. You can't just pull out immediately from a war it is stupid and dangerous and would seriously be a problem for our security if we did.
Arguable. They would in no way, shape, or form be a threat to the United States. There's no chance that they would be able to attack ourhomeland because we're too far away and they just aren't strong enough. They were clearly not a threat in 2003 when we invaded, and they're less ofa threat now. The claims of WMD's were clearly extremely overstated and they were nowhere near what they were made out to be.

its sad that so far, obama is set to be worse than Bush was ... and thats like impossible lololololollolololol

4. He will end the war and the troop structure shows that. You can't just pull out immediately from a war it is stupid and dangerous and would seriously be a problem for our security if we did.
Arguable. They would in no way, shape, or form be a threat to the United States. There's no chance that they would be able to attack our homeland because we're too far away and they just aren't strong enough. They were clearly not a threat in 2003 when we invaded, and they're less of a threat now. The claims of WMD's were clearly extremely overstated and they were nowhere near what they were made out to be.

I do not disagree at all. But if that country goes unstable again we will end up having to go back, because if we let them become unstable itmakes the middle east unstable, unstable middle east means unstable U.S. security.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Arguable. They would in no way, shape, or form be a threat to the United States. There's no chance that they would be able to attack our homeland because we're too far away and they just aren't strong enough. They were clearly not a threat in 2003 when we invaded, and they're less of a threat now. The claims of WMD's were clearly extremely overstated and they were nowhere near what they were made out to be.
I do not disagree at all. But if that country goes unstable again we will end up having to go back, because if we let them become unstable it makes the middle east unstable, unstable middle east means unstable U.S. security.

Unless of course we listened to what they really want. If we were to stop supporting Israel so strongly and pushed for some type of Palestinianstate, a lot of our problems in the region would be solved.

I do not disagree at all. But if that country goes unstable again we will end up having to go back, because if we let them become unstable it makes the middle east unstable, unstable middle east means unstable U.S. security.
Unless of course we listened to what they really want. If we were to stop supporting Israel so strongly and pushed for some type of Palestinian state, a lot of our problems in the region would be solved.

Again I don't disagree and I do think we overly support Israel BUT they are our allies. We turn our backs on our allies that has consequencesalso. Middle east is a tricky region nothing is ever face value there. I do agree there should be a Palestinian state but to think that even close to amajority of problems would be solved just with that is wrong. Middle East is complex.

Unless of course we listened to what they really want. If we were to stop supporting Israel so strongly and pushed for some type of Palestinian state, a lot of our problems in the region would be solved.
Again I don't disagree and I do think we overly support Israel BUT they are our allies. We turn our backs on our allies that has consequences also. Middle east is a tricky region nothing is ever face value there. I do agree there should be a Palestinian state but to think that even close to a majority of problems would be solved just with that is wrong. Middle East is complex.

You'd really be surprised. The reason I say that most of problems would be solved is because that is the major issue that Arabs have with theUnited States. Its not "they hate us because we're free!" or anything like that. They are strongly opposed to the illegal occupation ofPalestinian and Syrian land.(Mostly Palestinian for the majority of the region, both for Syria)

We'd clearly also have to remove our bases from the land since that's probably the second biggest gripe they have with us, but all it takes is a slightshift in our foreign policy and we could really fix a great deal of the problems we have currently. There would be no reason for Hamas, Hezbollah or IslamicJihad to exist if it weren't for our unfair treatment of the Palestinian situation. Even though these groups wouldn't even attack the United States onits soil, we lump them in with groups like Al-Qaeda as the "terrorists."

Also, it wouldn't be turning our backs, it would be taking a more even handed approach to better the situation of the United States, the only country thatwe should be worrying about here. Israel is of absolutely no strategic value to us anymore and has become quite the liability in recent years. Continuing onthis unreasonable path will cause us more problems than actually trying to fix things in the region would.

But you can also say that "the war on terror" has made it so regardless of what we do, it will stay the same there. I think we need to do a fewthings;

1. We need to take time on withdrawl in Iraq (Obama's plan) because there is no reason to just leave and let it completely be void when the governmentfalls apart if we were to leave within a year and we would have thousands of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civillians killed basically for naught.
2. We need to finish the war in Afghanistan. If we just would have focused on them instead of inventing the Iraq War we'd be done and probably would havecaught Bin Ladin. Reason we need to finish this war is because insurgance has steadily increased and we are losing this war, they are the country that attackedus, and we must confirm whether Osama is dead or not if he is alive we need to get him and be serious about it, Also those hills between Afghan and Pakistanneeds to be cleared out a little because most of the guys we are looking for are there or believed to be
3. Then we need to become diplomatic and listen to what the countries have to say, that would be a big cure to the problems because people hate that we actlike we don't need to listen to the opposition, and if they are opposition they are evil.
4. Like you said start cutting back on bases. We need some over there but we need to cut some.
5. Start questioning Israel say we will support you but not blindly. If you f up or do something wrong you will be told or we won't stand behind you onthat situation.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

So now every one here is saying oh since it's Obama (the Magnificant) what's another 3 years of the Iraq War?

I mean who cares that we had to deal with the Iraq war for the past 6 years, let's continue and support Obama blindly because hey it's OBAMA?

Sorry I am not like that, I tell it how it is.
And even though I disagree with you 95% of the time.....

I can RESPECT someone like yourself who stands by THEIR beliefs and principles..... and doesn't just follow Obama (or Bush) like blind sheep.

I called out Bush for his stupid stimulus last year.... it was a terrible idea & he shouldn't have passed it..... just like McCain was dumb for voting FOR it.
Out of all the stupid stuff Bush did during his Presidency you point to the stimulus plan as the one thing you called him out on.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. By the way don't you support the War in Iraq, so why are you not happy with Obama for doing something you agree with instead of attacking him. But I guess I forgot that the new GOP plan is to go against everything the President a0nd Dems do and hope the American people fall for you guys BS again.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. That was the 1st thing that came to my mind..... and unlike you, there aren't a TON of gripes I have with Bush
2. I do support the war and think he SHOULD keep some troops there until we are 100% we're ready to leave.......... so I applaud this, yes....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3. I'm not attacking him...... I'm just showing that he wasn't going to keep ALL those PROMISES he made to all the gullible people in America to get them to vote for him.... in fact he won't keep MOST of his promises...... yall got suckered....... BIG TIME

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
'
You are so dumb

WHY WOULDN'T we go against Obama????

He holds the exact opposite views of us........ so we're going to support something like the stimulus even though it goes against what we believe????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Plese don't address me again with such IGNORANCE
+1
Ricky Badman FTL.... and I mean, I voted for Obama so don't think I'm a hater either
laugh.gif

One of the aerial surveillance videos Israel posted shows about a dozen figures that the military says are militants loading rockets onto a truck. They are eventually targeted by an air-launched missile and disappear in a white cloud as the truck explodes.
A quote from that article. If this is the incident I'm thinking of, then it was actually proven that these men weren't even loadingrockets onto a truck, but they were loading oxygen tanks and were shot at. Shows how accurate those missiles were.

1. I agree, but 50,000 is a bit much.
2. Afghanistan didn't attack us, Al-Qaeda did. I agree with most of what you said, however we cannot strike targets within the Pakistani border sorecklessly anymore. It isn't the right way to deal with the situation.
3. Pretty much.
4. We can't have any. This was a main cause of 9/11 and why so many of the hijackers were Saudi. We can't have bases on their land anymore, at all. Ifanything we can return to past policies of having troops stationed in international waters in the Gulf, but we cannot have bases in the Middle East any longer.
5. We need to push Israel hard. We need to withhold some of the three billion dollars we give them a year if they do not meet our demands, and we also need tocut back on such gross allocations of funds. We should not be funding a country who has committed war crimes, with our weapons I might add, in two separatetimes of fighting within the past 3 years. That is another huge problem, they are using American made cluster bombs and weapons to attack civilian populationsfor the most part. Of course this is going to lead to people blaming America.

AP - President Barack Obama consigned the Iraq war to history Friday, declaring he will end combat operations within 18 months and open a new era of diplomacyin the Middle East. "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," Obama told Marines who are aboutto deploy by the thousands to the other war front, Afghanistan.

CallHimAR- we basically agree on 90% of foreign policy issues just disagree on the ways of implementing here and there, it is just safe to say the minute westarted really caring about the middle east we doomed ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom