Obama was so last year...

So I guess this year's hypebeast thing to do is hate on him...one year doesn't turn around 8, that's all I'm saying

Anyone wearing this probably couldn't tell you one thing he has or hasn't done since he came into office
64f587.jpg

I don't know that is a clever t-shirt..

There is 2 things Americans are. 1. Short-Sighted... 2. Want toughness

Obama looks weak tipping his hat to republicans and is not getting his big initiatives done. It is not completely his fault but if he pushed everything through and got tough with Republicans his Approval Rating would shoot up 10%.. He is starting to see the light but it is a little late to a lot of people..

Originally Posted by OnTheMove13

He hasn;t done anything yet, but i believe hes working on it..

• Froze the salaries for top White House staff members. This is a largely symbolic act, but might be an important one.
  • Seta deadline for the closing of Guantanamo Bay. Some of his supporterswould say this is a great thing because they believe it operates assomething from the Dark Ages. Others believe this characterization tonot be true, and that no plan will be put place to determine what to dowith the prisoners. Time will tell.
  • Fast-tracked theprocess to apply new fuel standards to 2011 car models AND initiatedsteps to allow California to set its own standards for auto emissionsthat are stricter than that of the Federal government. Again, this is ameasure that some of his supporters hail as a grand step forward, whilehis detractors (or flamers) point out that it could provide anadditional severe drag on the economy, especially in car manufacturingareas.
  • Signed a detailed executive order to ban torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners.
  • Asked the military leadership to engage in additional planning necessary to execute a responsible military draw down from Iraq.
  • Releasedthe interrogation memos without consulting the Bush staff and/or Bushabout it. And they were only partially released some of the informationin the memos were not made public.
  • Signed anexecutive order that restored a 30-day timeframe for former presidentsto review records before they are released. It also eliminated theright for the vice president or family members of former presidents todo the reviews.
  • Signed an executive order thatrequires that appointees sign forms saying that they were not hiredbecause of political affiliations or contributions. This is far from anunbeatable measure, but is an important early step towards cleaning upgovernmental hiring policies. It is easier to prove someone lied whentheir signature is right next to the statement in question.
  • Signedan order banning gifts from lobbyists and banning anyone from workingin an agency they had lobbied in previous years. Promptly made theorder toothless by immediately granting a waiver to a former defenselobbyist.
  • Lifted a ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information.
  • Grantedhis first TV interview as president to Al-Arabiya, a channel describedas a "voice of moderation" to the Middle East. His supporters call thisa very smart move to help angered nations and groups feel a bit lesscast aside, and let them know that they need not resort to violence tobe made a part of the world discussion. Detractors point out that thisis the type of thing Neville Chamberlain would have done, though a TVinterview and "the Munch Agreement" are leagues apart.
In his first week

does anyone have a video of Obama telling McCain "the election is over" when McCain is just bringing up valid points on the healthcare reform?
He just comes off as a arrogant person to me. 

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

• Froze the salaries for top White House staff members. This is a largely symbolic act, but might be an important one.
  • Seta deadline for the closing of Guantanamo Bay. Some of his supporterswould say this is a great thing because they believe it operates assomething from the Dark Ages. Others believe this characterization tonot be true, and that no plan will be put place to determine what to dowith the prisoners. Time will tell.
  • Fast-tracked theprocess to apply new fuel standards to 2011 car models AND initiatedsteps to allow California to set its own standards for auto emissionsthat are stricter than that of the Federal government. Again, this is ameasure that some of his supporters hail as a grand step forward, whilehis detractors (or flamers) point out that it could provide anadditional severe drag on the economy, especially in car manufacturingareas.
  • Signed a detailed executive order to ban torture and inhumane treatment of prisoners.
  • Asked the military leadership to engage in additional planning necessary to execute a responsible military draw down from Iraq.
  • Releasedthe interrogation memos without consulting the Bush staff and/or Bushabout it. And they were only partially released some of the informationin the memos were not made public.
  • Signed anexecutive order that restored a 30-day timeframe for former presidentsto review records before they are released. It also eliminated theright for the vice president or family members of former presidents todo the reviews.
  • Signed an executive order thatrequires that appointees sign forms saying that they were not hiredbecause of political affiliations or contributions. This is far from anunbeatable measure, but is an important early step towards cleaning upgovernmental hiring policies. It is easier to prove someone lied whentheir signature is right next to the statement in question.
  • Signedan order banning gifts from lobbyists and banning anyone from workingin an agency they had lobbied in previous years. Promptly made theorder toothless by immediately granting a waiver to a former defenselobbyist.
  • Lifted a ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information.
  • Grantedhis first TV interview as president to Al-Arabiya, a channel describedas a "voice of moderation" to the Middle East. His supporters call thisa very smart move to help angered nations and groups feel a bit lesscast aside, and let them know that they need not resort to violence tobe made a part of the world discussion. Detractors point out that thisis the type of thing Neville Chamberlain would have done, though a TVinterview and "the Munch Agreement" are leagues apart.
In his first week
Thank you!!!  Man I get sick and tired of people think he can fix the problems that the bush administration made in less than 1 year! The economy was trashed years ago and nobody was on bush's head to fix it but Obama is suppose to do it now. give me a break! 

In his first week
I don't even follow politics at all, but if this is true then that's impressive TO ME.

It's only been a year since he's been president. He has so much things to do because of what Bush did the past eight years. I really think people are not liking him because everybody wants things done fast but it's not happening because it takes time for this type of stuff. I voted for the man and I will keep supporting him for the next three years.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

So I guess this year's hypebeast thing to do is hate on him...one year doesn't turn around 8, that's all I'm saying

Anyone wearing this probably couldn't tell you one thing he has or hasn't done since he came into office
64f587.jpg

Just like anybody wearing this shirt.

obama.png

I want the feeling that everyone had going into that election again...

It was to a lesser degree the couple of months after 9/11...the country was TOGETHER...

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Originally Posted by StillIn729

64f587.jpg

Just like anybody wearing this shirt.

obama.png
I agree

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

does anyone have a video of Obama telling McCain "the election is over" when McCain is just bringing up valid points on the healthcare reform?
He just comes off as a arrogant person to me. 
He then said "I agree" and McCain was like
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

In his first week

pimp.gif
thanks for posting that

Originally Posted by moe200069

pimp.gif
thanks for posting that

You should have read the entire thing before posting it.

Hi here, B.A in polisci in a couple of months...and people need to stop riding Obama's d, and any other presidents D for that matter. People need to realize that, while the president is growing in power, there is still a super complex system of government that he must go through filled with deceit and yellow tape. it's not like any president can just walk into congress and be like "Do this" and it get done. He is trying his hard, he is playing politics. It must be done isn't this is second year in office? He's made strides. People nid pick on every little thing. It sucks because of the internet every presidency is very transparent, if you look back really look back into other Presidency's Obama's not doing bad with his first term. When the people stop being dbags and figure out what they want from their president than people will stop hating on him. You wanted change and he's starting change, he's not God just a dude trying to do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom