Obviously, Lebron needs a superstar big man....so who will it be?

Assuming he stays in Cleveland, he needs a big man to be a perennial contender.

The series against the Magic has proven that no superstar perimeter player (other than MJ) can win a championship without a great big man.
Magic/Kareem, Kobe/Shaq, West/Chamberlain, Pierce/Garnett

Unless the big man is the team's star (ie. Duncan, Olajuwon, Howard), then the guard cannot do it alone. A great center can win with a team of very goodplayers, but a great perimeter player cannot do the same, he needs a big man.

So who does Lebron need in order to win a championship in Cleveland?

2010 free agents:

Yao
Bosh
Amare
Dirk

any others?

Dirk would be the best fit I think, with a defensive minded center.

They also need to move Delonte to the bench and find a bigger 2 guard who can Defend and shoot.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

They also need to move Delonte to the bench and find a bigger 2 guard who can Defend and shoot.
Why would they move Delonte to the bench?

Here's a thought....tell me what you all think...

how about move Delonte to the 1, and have Mo come off the bench in a year or two in a "Jason Terry" type of role?

That being said, they do have to address their weakness on the inside. Getting a LEGIT low-post threat is a must...

now, off of that list, Yao has a ton of injury problems...who knows how long his legs will stay intact. Second, as much as I like Dirk's game, he will be33 in 2010.

The Cavs don't need a superstar at the 4/5. Even having a guy in the mold of a Paul Millsap would be a help.

It's gonna be an interesting offseason.

No big time free agent is coming to Cleveland. his only hope of playing with a quality big man is going to another team

Why did you list the free agents available in 2010?

Wouldn't the Cavs want to do something THIS offseason, like signing Mo last season?

What bigs are available this offseason?

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Yeah, they should probably just trade LBJ to Dallas...
pimp.gif

Second, as much as I like Dirk's game, he will be 33 in 2010.
You seen signs of aging?
nerd.gif
His game ain't the kindthat's gonna see a sharp fall off, I don't think... It ain't like he relies on athleticism or explosiveness like guys like Marion, JermaineO'Neal, etc...

Dirk has good years left... Especially if he gets in a situation where he ain't carrying a team on his back like he has been in Dallas for the last severalyears, and he doesn't have to worry about going off for 30+ every single night in order for his team to win...
how about move Delonte to the 1, and have Mo come off the bench in a year or two in a "Jason Terry" type of role?

Nah, Mo is an All-star... He ain't goin for that...

Originally Posted by CJ003

No big time free agent is coming to Cleveland. his only hope of playing with a quality big man is going to another team
exactly, no way they can get another "superstar" in Cleveland

Mo Williams isn't a superstar, but he helped tremendously. Just because they just got bounced right now doesn't negate that mo Williams was a niceaddition to the Cleveland LeBrons.

So I would look for the Cavs to land an above average big man, not a Dwight Howard type or Yao Ming or anything.

Back
Top Bottom