January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison is a hoarder, he will buy it just to NOT play it.
934DDC1D-C90C-4D5F-9502-F3FB7612B59F.gif

HCTP ratings were accurate.

Pretty much. Felt like ratings from previous years actually took into account everything that was going on. HHH was in Reign of Terror mode, so it made sense he'd have one of the highest. Cena was just starting his Thuganomics gimmick as a midcarder, Matt Hardy was in his Vh1 as a midcarder. Orton and Batista hadn't developed their personalities yet, so low 70s made sense. Feel like recent ratings is the WWE/game developers trying not to hurt anyone's feelings, and only giving low ratings to people who they couldn't help but give them to (like if they were 100% low carders off TV for awhile)

Pretty much. Felt like ratings from previous years actually took into account everything that was going on. HHH was in Reign of Terror mode, so it made sense he'd have one of the highest. Cena was just starting his Thuganomics gimmick as a midcarder, Matt Hardy was in his Vh1 as a midcarder. Orton and Batista hadn't developed their personalities yet, so low 70s made sense. Feel like recent ratings is the WWE/game developers trying not to hurt anyone's feelings, and only giving low ratings to people who they couldn't help but give them to (like if they were 100% low carders off TV for awhile)

The athletic ratings are way off base man. They are used to boost OVR ratings.

The athletic ratings are way off base man. They are used to boost OVR ratings.

HCTP damn sure Coddled everyone's SPEED ratings. :lol:

I remember hating how fast EVERYONE was on that game.

I see where you're coming from with that, but I much prefer that style compared to what they're doing now. Similar to Madden after 2010, it's like they sucked the overall fun out the games by making them "more realistic".

The problem now is Hawkins for example shouldnt be able to kick out of a superman punch and a spear. Every character is basically the same. So every match feels the same. They need bigger gaps in the ratings. everyone is in the same ball park. No different from a 90 and a 80.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from with that, but I much prefer that style compared to what they're doing now. Similar to Madden after 2010, it's like they sucked the overall fun out the games by making them "more realistic".

Yea but it creates an unrealistic/competitive disadvantage when you are creating a game that tells me Road Warriors have equal foot speed as El Ultimo Dragon.

That arcade stuff is for the birds man.

Yea but it creates an unrealistic/competitive disadvantage when you are creating a game that tells me Road Warriors have equal foot speed as El Ultimo Dragon.

That arcade stuff is for the birds man.

Peep Game Peep Game

It isn't just about it being ARCADE as much as it is a poor representation of the strengths/weaknesses of each athlete. THAT is what gets me.

But thank goodness we have the ability to edit ratings. Hopefully moving forward, 2K's roster editing is as easy as the NBA 2K series because editing in WWE 2K is a pain man. So slow, so clunky.

The problem now is Hawkins for example shouldnt be able to kick out of a superman punch and a spear. Every character is basically the same. So every match feels the same. They need bigger gaps in the ratings. everyone is in the same ball park. No different from a 90 and a 80.

Exactly. Sim HCTP right now and there's no way Val Venis is beating Goldberg :lol:

Peep Game Peep Game

It isn't just about it being ARCADE as much as it is a poor representation of the strengths/weaknesses of each athlete. THAT is what gets me.

But thank goodness we have the ability to edit ratings. Hopefully moving forward, 2K's roster editing is as easy as the NBA 2K series because editing in WWE 2K is a pain man. So slow, so clunky.

Isn't it crazy the editing is such a pain, even though everything is basically readily accessible? Same thing as the graphics getting worse the better technology gets.

Our ratings are done and on our Spreadsheet unless they add/remove categories.

But I didn't edit the ratings because there is no easy/quick way to do it IN GAME. (For my personal copy of the game). And there is no "2K Share" for full rosters. They don't make their game easy to edit.

Check out the "statistician" over here :lol:

Should be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom