Oden might demand an extension this summer...

Dude got paid:

2007-08 - $4,662,000 (missed 82 games)
2008-09 - $5,011,680 (missed 21 games)
2009-10 - $5,361,240 (missed 61 games)

He has played a grand total of 82 games in that entire span.

Never going to happen but he should be humble and take any dollar the team is willing to give him at this point.

so going into his 4th year next yr, dude basically only has 1 full season of on court experience? smh and its not like we can say his legs will be fresh cause his knees are shot. if anything his career will be shortened as these injuries catch up with him later on in his career.

He's in no position to be demanding anything
laugh.gif

Freaking ah. I was mad when we gave Drew an extension with that much money but I'm sure somebody would have offered him something comparable. But maybe the big money cures. Drew has been healthy so far aside from the couple of games he missed cause of a bruised thigh.

They should release him, he's only played like 20 games in 3 seasons
laugh.gif

He's done anyway
laugh.gif

In reality, based on performance, he deserves to be let go.

I'm not saying the man should lose his job/career but in the real world, you don't produce, you don't get paid. No excuses (injuries).

Why should Portland burden its finances with another contract for this guy?

I dunno... does anyone see this guy really becoming a star? Even a solid player?

(And yes, every Oden topic is just a reminder of how much better a pick Durant was. Everyone could see Durant was a better all around player but the desperation for a 7-foot center is like a crack addiction to NBA Gm's.)

Originally Posted by Burns1923

In reality, based on performance, he deserves to be let go.

I'm not saying the man should lose his job/career but in the real world, you don't produce, you don't get paid. No excuses (injuries).

Why should Portland burden its finances with another contract for this guy?

I dunno... does anyone see this guy really becoming a star? Even a solid player?

(And yes, every Oden topic is just a reminder of how much better a pick Durant was. Everyone could see Durant was a better all around player but the desperation for a 7-foot center is like a crack addiction to NBA Gm's.)
When he's actually playing games and not sitting on the bench (due to injuries and picking up fouls), he's effective. He converts around the rim, rebounds well, blocks/alters shots.

I'm not sure how he'll recover from his latest injury, but he was looking like a solid double-double caliber center. 

Originally Posted by grittyman20

http://sportsillustrated....s/03/12/oden/index.html#
Obviously as a #1 pick, Oden is a major part of the Blazers future...but the kid just can't stay healthy. 

I wonder how much money Portland will be willing to offer him on his next contract...I know the Lakers gave Bynum a 4yr/58 million dollar extension, and he's another guy who hasn't exactly been healthy early on in his career. 
you cant really compare bynums extension to gregs...cause well greg really hasnt played any games as much as drew obviously

who knows what portland is thinking right now

Back
Top Bottom