Oden might demand an extension this summer...

http://sportsillustrated....s/03/12/oden/index.html#
Obviously as a #1 pick, Oden is a major part of the Blazers future...but the kid just can't stay healthy. 

I wonder how much money Portland will be willing to offer him on his next contract...I know the Lakers gave Bynum a 4yr/58 million dollar extension, and he's another guy who hasn't exactly been healthy early on in his career. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he got something similar to what Bynum received, with 3 years guaranteed and a team option for the last year. Don't think he's going to see the same amount of money though, maybe 40-45 million. 

*PS: Kevin Durant has nothing to do with this thread

Blazers would be smart to wait until next summer when he's a restricted free agent and they can match any offer.

Everything I have read about Greg as a person, and as a worker have been really good and positive, and I am completely rooting for this kid. Even HS athletes know the disappointment of missing a game to injury, can you imagine being the #1 overall pick and continually getting hurt.... got a whole cities hopes riding on your knee..... its gotta be so damn hard for him.

That being said, and coming from someone with lots of knee surgeries and fractured knee caps, I will say you don't retain that explosiveness you once had no matter what, and for someone whos freakish athleticism set them apart from all the other 7 foot folk playin ball, and granted them the special defensive skills GO had in HS and College..... it doesn't look like he will ever meet anything near his former potential.

But.... Oden also had amazing defensive timing and instinct, and by looking towards guys like Big Z, Kenyon Martin, and Amare hopefully he can return to being a productive player and earn his $$$ in this league. Wish him nothin but the best.

he deserves it...

roll.gif

Dude is a bust. I don't think I've seen him make 3 consecutive shots in an NBA game.

maybe 3 consecutive dunks....that's about all he can do.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Who cares if Oden demands an extension? He has no leverage at the moment.
Seriously. I can't believe they even reported this garbage. 

the blazers should demmand he stay healthy for a full 82 game season before even thinking about an extension.

because of the new CBA everyone in that draft class is going to be asking for one this summer

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

got a whole cities hopes riding on your knee..... its gotta be so damn hard for him.
damn.... sucks when you think of it like that

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

got a whole cities hopes riding on your knee..... its gotta be so damn hard for him.

Yeah but the expectations have mostly been lifted from him. When he came into the league, he was supposed to take us to the promised land. Now it's up to Roy and Aldridge, really.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Yeah but the expectations have mostly been lifted from him. When he came into the league, he was supposed to take us to the promised land. Now it's up to Roy and Aldridge, really.
Nobody outside of Portland thought Oden would take the Blazers to the promised land. I'm really sorry you believed that.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

http://sportsillustrated....s/03/12/oden/index.html#
Obviously as a #1 pick, Oden is a major part of the Blazers future...but the kid just can't stay healthy. 

I wonder how much money Portland will be willing to offer him on his next contract...I know the Lakers gave Bynum a 4yr/58 million dollar extension, and he's another guy who hasn't exactly been healthy early on in his career. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he got something similar to what Bynum received, with 3 years guaranteed and a team option for the last year. Don't think he's going to see the same amount of money though, maybe 40-45 million. 

*PS: Kevin Durant has nothing to do with this thread

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

Originally Posted by Noskey

Nobody outside of Portland thought Oden would take the Blazers to the promised land. I'm really sorry you believed that.
I never did. I wanted Durant. But the things people around here were saying was
eek.gif
smh.gif
Ask CP
laugh.gif

Man F old man oden. I haven't seen anything but teasing of a competant player at times but then he messes up with a oden turnover (a stupid *$% turnover). O imagine if we had Durant on our squad. This organization makes stupid plans, I mean we couldve had Dwill or Chris Paul playing for the Blazers but we traded with Utah picks 3 for 6.

Roy/Alderidge/Durant woulda been a problem

Back
Top Bottom