Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

im at the point where I just accept paying resale on **** I really want. the only raffle aw’s I ever get are for yeeyzs on SnS lol

I paid resale after hitting for retail 😂🤣. These joints are worth it. 1582656595698303867847117340474.jpg

Yeah, paying resale only "stupid" if you can't afford it. If ya bills paid, ya kids straight (if you have any), and you still putting money away, then by all means, splurge.
yeah, exactly. made sure I had everything else taken care of first
I paid resale after hitting for retail 😂🤣. These joints are worth it. 1582656595698303867847117340474.jpg
I didn't mean to say or imply anyone who wants these or any other item and pays the going price is truly stupid, so I apologize if anyone took it that way. Definitely not looking to insult anyone. Just because I won't pay $700 or $800 for a pair of shoes doesn't mean no one else should. I'm just mega tired of this mega limited crap, especially for as long as I've been a loyal Nike customer and for as much money as I've given these people during the past 30 years :lol:
The one other thing is, I at least wish they would communicate to their customers what is or isn't going on. Even if I was willing to spend $800 on these right now, I wouldn't because I'd be concerned the rumblings of another, wider release are true. If that happens, I feel bad for the people who dropped that much cash only to see these available for retail not long after. The whole approach just puts a lot of fans in an unpleasant position.

Most people aren’t spending straight cash in a sense.

the sneaker economy funds It’s self.

meaning a lot of people sell stuff they don’t want and fund these big purchases

Lots of us in here got 25-50 plus pairs. Then You have those that double up on certain release they can afford to let go now.

lastly some of us are let going of impulse buys that actually are netting a profit. For me I had two pairs of off white Air Force 1’s black low.

they are funding these 5’s cause they 5’s have much more personality than the AF1’s cause the AF 1’s are by far the most boring off white I ever seen.

I didn't mean to say or imply anyone who wants these or any other item and pays the going price is truly stupid, so I apologize if anyone took it that way. Definitely not looking to insult anyone. Just because I won't pay $700 or $800 for a pair of shoes doesn't mean no one else should. I'm just mega tired of this mega limited crap, especially for as long as I've been a loyal Nike customer and for as much money as I've given these people during the past 30 years :lol:
The one other thing is, I at least wish they would communicate to their customers what is or isn't going on. Even if I was willing to spend $800 on these right now, I wouldn't because I'd be concerned the rumblings of another, wider release are true. If that happens, I feel bad for the people who dropped that much cash only to see these available for retail not long after. The whole approach just puts a lot of fans in an unpleasant position.
These will never be retail even if they do release again. And who cares even if they drop to zero resale value, especially if you bought to wear?

Serious question. Has anyone in here NEVER hit on any SNKRS raffles? I’ve caught a massive amount of Ls on draws or FCFS releases but I’ve gotten a few decent Ws every here and there. Find it crazy to think in 2-3 years someone can enter a high amount of SNKRS draws and hit 0% of the time
I hit on the travis 1 lows , Fear of God 1 oatmeal, and travis 4 but since then nothing....

People who worry about what others spend on shoes, or anything for that matter, are nuts.

If they can afford it, why are you trippin?
Most people aren’t spending straight cash in a sense.

the sneaker economy funds It’s self.

meaning a lot of people sell stuff they don’t want and fund these big purchases

Lots of us in here got 25-50 plus pairs. Then You have those that double up on certain release they can afford to let go now.

lastly some of us are let going of impulse buys that actually are netting a profit. For me I had two pairs of off white Air Force 1’s black low.

they are funding these 5’s cause they 5’s have much more personality than the AF1’s cause the AF 1’s are by far the most boring off white I ever seen.
Oh I'm not trippin', I was just venting my irritation :lol:
I don't care what anyone else does with their money, none of my business. And you guys are right, I've got so many pairs of shoes--and keep on buying more--I don't hardly have time to wear, and multiples of several, so that's for sure probably more nuts than spending $800 on these.
Clearly I am still salty over not winning (again) on SNKRS for a pair of shoes I actually wanted to wear.

I knew full well it was an expensive hobby when I started getting into it. Most hobbies are. Don't get me started on guitar gear.

Oh I'm not trippin', I was just venting my irritation :lol:
I don't care what anyone else does with their money, none of my business. And you guys are right, I've got so many pairs of shoes--and keep on buying more--I don't hardly have time to wear, and multiples of several, so that's for sure probably more nuts than spending $800 on these.
Clearly I am still salty over not winning (again) on SNKRS for a pair of shoes I actually wanted to wear.

good to know so you like most of us. If you wanted em. You could just off some stuff you don’t ware.

nature of the game I got so many things. It’s sad.

my girl had on some fire red 4’s (that I brought) and I’m like damn that’s my Grail. When and where she get those cause I need em. Smh I have 2 pairs in my closet.

I’m washed B.

good to know so you like most of us. If you wanted em. You could just off some stuff you don’t ware.

nature of the game I got so many things. It’s sad.

my girl had on some fire red 4’s (that I brought) and I’m like damn that’s my Grail. When and where she get those cause I need em. Smh I have 2 pairs in my closet.

I’m washed B.
I've actually sold probably 25 or so pairs in the past 15 months, just to free up some space. I dunno, for whatever reason, I generally have a rule that I won't spend more than $500 on a single pair of shoes, and I've never even spent that much. I think the $400 or $425 I paid a few years ago for the Kobe IX masterpiece was easily the most I've spent. As much as I love sneakers, paying close to $1K for a single pair goes against even my judgment LOL. But you're right, I could sell a couple of pairs and buy these guilt-free. But it WOULD piss me off to then see them drop again and be more easily available for retail or closer to retail. As much money as I throw away yearly on sneakers, I'm not into literally throwing money away LOL

I've actually sold probably 25 or so pairs in the past 15 months, just to free up some space. I dunno, for whatever reason, I generally have a rule that I won't spend more than $500 on a single pair of shoes, and I've never even spent that much. I think the $400 or $425 I paid a few years ago for the Kobe IX masterpiece was easily the most I've spent. As much as I love sneakers, paying close to $1K for a single pair goes against even my judgment LOL. But you're right, I could sell a couple of pairs and buy these guilt-free. But it WOULD piss me off to then see them drop again and be more easily available for retail or closer to retail. As much money as I throw away yearly on sneakers, I'm not into literally throwing money away LOL
I understand where you're coming from, but I highly doubt these restock enough to the point of it putting a dent in the resell market for these. I mean unless you're trying to hit for retail or bust. JB isn't adidas and I doubt they would restock their collab shoes. I've never once seen them re-release a shoe collab like the unions or fragments. Unless it's an OG cw, don't expect a restock/re-release.

And most people are in the mindset of buy now before prices rise. Someone offered me frags for 2k 2 years ago and thought that was crazy. Now look at prices. Same as OW AJ1 chi's when I should've bought from stadium goods at 1.2k and now it's like 4.8k. I know people that literally buy and hold just to sell for a profit in a few months to a year. Their money so if they can afford to play with it like stocks, then that's on them. Can turn out to be really good, but also really bad like the ts6 and satins.

I understand where you're coming from, but I highly doubt these restock enough to the point of it putting a dent in the resell market for these. I mean unless you're trying to hit for retail or bust. JB isn't adidas and I doubt they would restock their collab shoes. I've never once seen them re-release a shoe collab like the unions or fragments. Unless it's an OG cw, don't expect a restock/re-release.

And most people are in the mindset of buy now before prices rise. Someone offered me frags for 2k 2 years ago and thought that was crazy. Now look at prices. Same as OW AJ1 chi's when I should've bought from stadium goods at 1.2k and now it's like 4.8k. I know people that literally buy and hold just to sell for a profit in a few months to a year. Their money so if they can afford to play with it like stocks, then that's on them. Can turn out to be really good, but also really bad like the ts6 and satins.
For sure. Like I said, I actually just wanted these to wear. It's literally the only one of all these collab shoes that's ever appealed to me. There's just something interesting and cool about it. But for me, it's just not $800-plus cool :lol:
You're almost certainly right about there not being another release, or if there is, it still being damn hard to score on. I'm still just going to wait it out and see, anyway. If I never get these, oh well, I've got plenty of other shoes I like as much as, and more than them, to entertain myself with.

def buying another pair in a couple weeks when I have the funds to either flip down the line or use as trade bait for the white 5’s

what collab yall prefer these OW or the premes? Been peeping the camo premes and I might have to scoop a pair, after I cop another pair of these OW while they’re still in the 700$s

what collab yall prefer these OW or the premes? Been peeping the camo premes and I might have to scoop a pair, after I cop another pair of these OW while they’re still in the 700$s
I queued for the Supremes on the release day and couldn't decide whether to get the whites or the camos. Figured the camos were more of a different style and chose them. Instant regret as I couldn't wear them with anything. Each to their own of course, but I'd say these OW>Camos.

I had the camo and bred supreme 5s and now have the OW. I gotta say i prefer the OW. the supreme 5s have a duller 3m and i love the nike air on the OW.

Check back through this thread and you will get differing replies. I would say if you have wide feet go TTs, if not, size down by a half.

I go tts on everything. Hope that’s no different for these or that’ll be an expensive mistake.

Back
Top Bottom