Off-White x Air Jordan Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Not the best, but definitely top 5.

got my pair yesterday.

791172CA-A269-4F55-A79B-D874EAE3F5EA.jpeg

few notes; I like that the nylon rips top fabric (again, NOT MUSLIN fabric) is a little frayed along the edges. The OW 5’s has it too but not as noticeable. The soles is translucent and you can see around the toe area that it’s more yellowed. I can see these yellowing more and looking like the OW 5’s soles too. Another thing I like is that although the ankle and tongue is deconstructed, it’s very padded and not completely striped like the OW 5 deconstruction.

Not the best, but definitely top 5.

got my pair yesterday.

791172CA-A269-4F55-A79B-D874EAE3F5EA.jpeg

few notes; I like that the nylon rips top fabric (again, NOT MUSLIN fabric) is a little frayed along the edges. The OW 5’s has it too but not as noticeable. The soles is translucent and you can see around the toe area that it’s more yellowed. I can see these yellowing more and looking like the OW 5’s soles too. Another thing I like is that although the ankle and tongue is deconstructed, it’s very padded and not completely striped like the OW 5 deconstruction.

your pic is prob the first where you can clearly see the different tones of sail on the shoe. kinda got me thinking i’ll just let go of my OW 5s for these

I think these are fire because of the limited visibility of off white branding lol. Other than the 'air" pretty much simple and clean. Also from reviews and pics it seems these are tanks and should age nicely the more you wear them. Apparently the materials are upper echelon. Can't wait to get my pair.

As someone who has both in hand I would say don't let go of the OW5s for the OW4s. The OW5s are far more unique.

yeah i definitely agree even though i prefer 4s over 5s. just gonna hold out on hopes of a men’s release for the sails or the black/reds

I don't see why they would release a men's Version of sails. Think it's a wrap on these, but I'm almost certain needs will be a fsr, maybe even ps and td hopefully.

Last edited:
I don't see why they would release a men's Verizon of sails. Think it's a wrap on these, but I'm almost certain needs will be a fsr, maybe even ps and td hopefully.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Plenty of demand for these. There’s already a style code for the men’s.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Plenty of demand for these. There’s already a style code for the men’s.
Where is the style code, I think it's the one they had mixed up with the ow bred 4s. There's no intentions of re releasing these as mens. Makes no sense.....of course there's demand but that's off-white Nike for you. Will always be more buyer's then pairs available.

Where is the style code, I think it's the one they had mixed up with the ow bred 4s. There's no intentions of re releasing these as mens. Makes no sense.....of course there's demand but that's off-white Nike for you. Will always be more buyer's then pairs available.
CZ5567-100

Yea idk. There’s no concrete evidence either way so we’ll have to wait and see. Virgils IG post couldn’t have been any more vague and confusing. That style code doesn’t seem to be linked to the breds anywhere that I could find

CZ5567-100

Yea idk. There’s no concrete evidence either way so we’ll have to wait and see. Virgils IG post couldn’t have been any more vague and confusing. That style code doesn’t seem to be linked to the breds anywhere that I could find
That style code only come back to dhgate bruh, you can always count on them having a fsr in men 😂
I think Virgil meant hers (sail ow4 ) and his coming soon (bred). That's how I take it anyways.

As someone who has both in hand I would say don't let go of the OW5s for the OW4s. The OW5s are far more unique.
Having both also, I would not trade the 4's for the 5's but I would not trade the 5's for the 4's either. Both are unique and a classy take on two iconic models. Get both if possible. If not, enjoy the one you have.

I have the 5s and 4s both in hand, and IMHO, they are both great for completely different reasons. I'm not great with words, but I'll give it a shot...

The 5s have quirky design details and contrasting colors that are more "chaotic" to look at, but they're dope and interesting to look at.
The 4s are monochromatic and have understated details that you have to see up close, and when you do, you see how really well-composed and built the shoe is.

The 5s are like Into the Spider-Verse, with its halftone dots, crazy colors, and highly stylized animation.
The 4s are more like Pixar with hair textures and water perfectly rendered and tightly constructed.

I really like both.

The 4s are feminine, the 5s are masculine. As designed.

5s are wild and a unique take on a classic.

4s are built for a woman to look fashionable and chic.

The 5s I think look great as a street shoe w anything casual and are tanks.

The 4s, I'd be way more careful w, and picky w what I matched w.

For me, the 5s all day. No doubt. Esp to wear.

These 4s are pretty and I appreciate the shades n colors, design, materials are top notch, they are really cool, but I'll never wear them.

Hoping to flip towards bred 4 off whites or whatever comes out next. Bred Ships or off-white WC 3s 😂🤣

the only thing feminine I can maybe see is the use of mint color and thats only on a little bit on the sole that you can't really see. A beige/tan color is not really feminine to me. Tons of beige colored shoes for men. I mean obviously other than the fact that it comes in Womens sizing and a Womens release, I'd say these are pretty gender neutral. You can't even say anything is feminine about the materials either, its just nubuck on upper with a little nylon fabric here and there. The OW bred 4's have the same material and tooling and those are "mens". It's not like these have satin or some other materials they usually make womens jordans with.

Back
Top Bottom