Offical First Round Game 1 Thread: San Antonio Spurs (7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2)

laugh.gif
Complaining about the refs... San Antonio handed Dampier 8 or 10 FTAs in a two-minute window... 10-12 more attempts isn't that drastic given San Antonio got into the bonus early in two quarters...

Dirk was killer tonight...
SA needs more assistance from the role-players. They played a good game, but Dallas has too much depth from an offensive standpoint.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments will be made.

PO

Can't blame the refs on this one. The Spurs missed WAY too many layups and points in the paint. I'm optimistic in the fact that Jefferson will not play any worse in this series than he has today. Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan are in playoff mode so it's up to Hill, Jefferson, Blair, and McDyess to play better as the series progresses.

Good stuff. I loved how they limited Terry tonight to only 23 minutes so his cold shooting wouldn't hurt them. If the Mavs want to get out of this series as fast as possible though, they need Terry to get together a stretch of 2 games in a row where he gets hot. If not, then it will be a dogfight for 6-7 games.

Will Dallas did what they were supposed to do at home...
Get the W...
ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif
 at dudes saying the refs didn't have anything to do with the game...
smh.gif

Oh yeah and one more thing...

indifferent.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

At TNT for showing that 0.4 shot out of the blue..

kicking the Spurs while there down...
frown.gif
tired.gif

This is when Bruce Bowen was a factor. He would annoy the heck out of Dirk.

Real talk, I meant it when I said I'll leave Niketalk if it takes more than 6 games beat the Spurs.

Barring an injury we should put them in away in 5.

They flat out don't have anyone who can even kinda slow Dirk down.

It isn't that we are a way better team than them we are simply the worst possible match up for them.

I'm still amazed they lost on purpose to play us.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/4/18/1427253/series-preview-2-dallas-maverickshttp://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/4/18/1427253/series-preview-2-dallas-maverickshttp://www.poundingtheroc...eview-2-dallas-mavericks
Series Preview: [2] Dallas Mavericks vs. [7] San Antonio Spurs - Return of the Manu
by Tim C. on Apr 18, 2010 12:57 PM CDT in Game Previews & Recaps 89 comments

Foreword: The PtR "staff" is a group of people who would probably be accurately described as nerds. So, when I proposed a theme and series of photoshops for this preview, it was met with eager suggestions and help from many of them. With that in mind, the following is probably the nerdiest post you will ever see on a basketball blog. At least, it will be until the next series.

Our story begins with an evil force from a land just as evil, who some say is really a man, while others really won't commit to calling him that. A creature who once had a magical ring, and ultimate power, almost within its grasp before its one weak point was exposed, and the ring was taken away. After taking a series of steps to regain its strength, it has now marshaled an army the likes of which has never been seen in that evil land the creature calls home. I speak, of course, about Dallas. And the creature? Well, our Dallas correspondent CMoney managed to catch a snapshot of the creature and send it to us. This is what we're up against:
mordordallas_medium.jpg

Oh yes, we did.
Manu-gorn-2_medium.jpg

The man who can turn the tide

The Dark Lord has summoned all the forces of evil at his disposal, like the witch-king (who allegedly has a facial urination fetish) and his ugly-as-sin "flying" companion.
drikterry_medium.jpg

The Dark One also has at his disposal a former Wizard who has turned to evil to support himself. He is called Caronuman.

butlersaruman_medium.jpg

Caronuman uses an associate named WifebeaterTongue to manipulate others. He does this through hypnosis, as he is too old and slow to have any real fighting skills.

kiddwormtonggue_medium.jpg

There is also a creature who is extremely ugly and foul smelling, and yet somehow manages to sneak up on almost everybody. It's hard to know what this creature is up to, and even the commander of the Dallas army has no idea what to do with it. No one is quite sure what to call it either, but some say its name is Bareollum.

Barea-llum_medium.jpg

Bareollum may attempt to lead our heroes into the grasp of another disgusting creature, Shelob Marion. A giant spider who protects the entrance to Dallas, it provides a formidable obstacle to those who would enter.
Shelob_Marion_medium.jpg

But there are heroes who will stand up to these abominations. Let's meet them. First, the great wizard who can defeat any large creature in his path, Tim Ganduncan.

Tim-Gandalf-2_medium.jpg

Here we see him in action:
balroghaywood_medium.jpg

Just one evil beast who SHALL. NOT. PASS.

The most important human to the cause is Aragornobili, who is heir to the throne, and therefore known as The Manu. His good looks drive women(and some men) wild, but his superior skills have earned the respect of even the most evil of men.
aragornobili_medium.jpg

Pledging to fight alongside Aragornobili is an extremely fast, mobile marksman who always seems to find his target - Les TonyLas. His skills are vital when needing to vanquish a great number of foes quickly.
TonyLegolas_medium.jpg

Here's another fighter on the side of good, one who is known to work well with either Les TonyLas or Aragornobili. A stocky fellow who in nonetheless very nimble, and known to sever limbs by accident on occasion, but who is always smiling and laughing while vanquishing his foes. This character is known only as BLLLAAAAIIIRRR. Do not get in his way.
Gimli-Blair_medium.jpg

One of our heroes is somewhat of an enigma, a man who is probably noble at heart, but sometimes lets his desire for power and attention get the best of him. This man is known Borichardmir.
RJBoromir_medium.jpg

There is also a man who was injured during the last battle against the forces of Dallas, Faramir Hill. His return to the battlefield may swing the tide for the forces of good, but we will have to wait and see.
GeorgeFaramir_medium.jpg

Finally, there is the rather unimpressive man tasked with bailing the rest of these out. You wouldn't know it by his exterior, but Matt Baggins is crucial to the victory of good. He has experience with the ring, and knows its power.
MattBaggins_medium.jpg

But there is one man whom the ring holds no power over, a mysterious drunkard who seems to be able to control every detail of everything. In this case, he is the driving force behind the forces of good. I speak, of course, of Pop Bombadil.

PopBombadil_medium.jpg

Who will triumph? Only Pop Bombadil knows.

Back
Top Bottom