Offical First Round Game 1 Thread: San Antonio Spurs (7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2)

Mavs-Spurs.jpg

Let the Games Begin.................AGAIN!

This should be a great series. The war of words have already begun with Rick Carlisle being insulted that Pop rested Duncan and Ginobili so that they could get this first round match-up. I'm excited that the Spurs have a healthy line-up for the playoffs so we could finally see if they have that championship caliber type team. I expect Dirk to dominate like he has in the past and Jason Terry being the wild card because he's usually the one that's hitting the shot that kills the Spurs at the end.  Having a healthy Manu changes everything and the fact that Parker usually gets the best out of Kidd, I'm going to say Spurs in 6. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the other way around because these two teams match up very well against each other.

Here are what the so-called experts predict:

I'm not surprise that many of them pick the Mavs because it's so hard to tell what Spurs team will show up.

Big Brother (4 TIME NBA CHAMPIONS
pimp.gif
) vs little baby brother ( south west division champs
laugh.gif
)

DUNCAN>>> dirk

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif
GO SPURS GO!!!

Game 1 - Sun April 18 San Antonio at Dallas 8:00PM TNT
Game 2 - Wed April 21 San Antonio at Dallas 9:30PM TNT
Game 3 - Fri April 23 Dallas at San Antonio 9:30PM ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 25 Dallas at San Antonio 7:00PM TNT
Game 5 * Tue April 27 San Antonio at Dallas TBD TBD TBD
Game 6 * Thu April 29 Dallas at San Antonio TBD TBD TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 1 San Antonio at Dallas TBD TBD TNT

pimp.gif
SPURS In 6

these two teams are always entertaining to watch

i thought the spurs were gonna win it last year but i thought so other wise

i wanna say the spurs in 7 again this year but the mavs are just too deep so im just gonna predict its going 7

Mavs in 6.

Marion will contain Ginobili, Butler will destroy Jefferson, Damp/Wood on Duncan, and a combination of Kidd, JET, and Stevenson on Parker.

Plus. I dont think Tony Parker is right yet and George Hill is having ankle issues.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

Mavs in 6.

Marion will contain Ginobili, Butler will destroy Jefferson, Damp/Wood on Duncan, and a combination of Kidd, JET, and Stevenson on Parker.

Plus. I dont think Tony Parker is right yet and George Hill is having ankle issues.
laugh.gif
Yea like he always has in the playoffs. Especially how he always contained him when SA faced Phoenix in the playoffs.
eyes.gif

If Jason Terry can shoot well then the Mavs will be very tough to beat. Unfortunately, I don't trust him because he's been terrible during the last 3 years in the playoffs, shooting close to 40%. It's like he lost the magic after going 7-25 in game 6 of the 2006 Finals

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

If Jason Terry can shoot well then the Mavs will be very tough to beat. Unfortunately, I don't trust him because he's been terrible during the last 3 years in the playoffs, shooting close to 40%. It's like he lost the magic after going 7-25 in game 6 of the 2006 Finals

Actually, I think he stated to deter when he started to wear that mask for protection.  Things like that takes a couple of months to get used to.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Trelvis Tha Thrilla wrote:

Mavs in 6.

laugh.gif
Yea like he always has in the playoffs. Especially how he always contained him when SA faced Phoenix in the playoffs.
eyes.gif

Just watch and see. I didnt say Marion was going to shut him down, but Marion will be able to contain and do what the Mavs need him to do to win the series.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Actually, I think he stated to deter when he started to wear that mask for protection.  Things like that takes a couple of months to get used to.
Nah, his playoff shooting slumps have come WAY before that. He's been about a 47% shooter from the floor in the last three seasons but during the playoffs, he's struggled and has been like a 41% shooter.

But the mavs have never had any tuff players like Dshawn , and Bwood i think they got a chance to make noise.

i can see this team winning the chip , or falling short again .

Hopefully Pop decides to start Ginobili and not have him come off the bench. It's the playoffs so I expect him to play 35 plus minutes every game.

Game day

Expect to see a whole lot of GINOBILI!!!

manuemotion_300_070518.jpg

Avy check...
The road for the Spurs and Duncan's 5th Championship starts today...
pimp.gif

GO
SPURS GO!!!

I have a good feeling about Blair this series. I think if he plays more minutes he will be a factor to winning this game.

Damn that was a good year to be a MAVS FAN

A WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

090422_NMC_04MavReturnKiss.jpg

Getting to hang up another banner besides Season ticket holders names..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3148638100_f50e0d797a.jpg

WINNING THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP....

oh wait.....

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom