*OFFICAL* L.A Dodgers Spring Training Thread! Vol. Baseball is almost here!

Where r these beltre rumors comin from? What r some other good dodger sites to visit?
Oh yeah, I'm posting from my sidekick and you just read my sig.

Nice, thx man.

Also rumors of andy petitte joining the pitching staff...

Torre makes Gonzo want to returnwww.azcentral.com/sports/...gonzo.html
Quote:

Dylan Hernandez
Los Angeles Times
Nov. 3, 2007 05:44 PM
Luis Gonzalez said he has changed his mind about no longer wanting to play for the Dodgers, the reason being their recent hiring of Joe Torre as manager.

The 40-year-old left fielder, who filed for free agency Wednesday, was dissatisfied with his diminished role on the team and declared at the end of last season that he had no intention of retuning to Los Angeles.

"This is no knock against Grady," Gonzalez said, referring to former manager Grady Little, who resigned Tuesday. "But the credibility that Joe and his coaches bring is definitely intriguing."

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp

Gonzalez said he thought that Torre would help the Dodgers on the free-agent market.

"I think it intrigues a lot of players that they hired a manager of the caliber of Joe," Gonzalez said. "I think it makes a huge difference. He's been in how many World Series? He's done it on both sides, as a player and as a manager. Players go through struggles, he's been there, done that. Everyone who's played for him respects him."

Torre won four World Series managing the New York Yankees and was the most valuable player in the National League in 1971.

Gonzalez admitted to being uncertain whether the Dodgers would want him back. The desire to part ways appeared to go both ways, as the Dodgers showed no interest in re-signing him.

Gonzalez said he didn't speak to General Manager Ned Colletti at the end of the season and that he hasn't had any contact with the club since.

Gonzalez hit .278 with 15 home runs and 68 runs batted in for the Dodgers. He has 2,502 hits in his career and said his goal is to reach 3,000.
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
CAUTION: PUT YOUR STUNNA SHADES ON
TEAM XBOX360
.:GAMERTAG= CincoSeisDos​

No knock against Gonzo, but I don't think he would like to come back as a 5th outfielder.

Even if they stand pat they will go with a combo of Pierre, Kemp and Ethier with Repko coming off the bench. Gonzo complained about a platoon role, how would he accept a pinch hitting role?

Gonzo is not a bad guy, but his time has clearly passed. If he wants to collect 3,000 hits, he is going to have to go to a non-contender. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a team like the Royals or Pirates.

Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

Joe Torre's press conference at 10AM tomorrow :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
Joe Torre's press conference at 10AM tomorrow

Ya'll didn't know that, it was known since Thursday.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
USC Trojans​

lol its to early in the morning to have the conference.. im going to be in class !!! they should have just made it at 12 so i have time to get home and watch it .. lol
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS----Team [Scrubs]
See You Are What You Are in this world, thats either 1 or 2 things, your either a somebody, or you a nobody.

why would u want Beltre back?? other then his contract year he was trash

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
why would u want Beltre back?? other then his contract year he was trash
:wink:
wink.gif
Los Angeles Dodgers​
USC Trojans​

DePo @#%$ up the Beltre situation for us, it still makes me cringe to this day.

i remember i was in tangancicuaro that christmas vacation and i went to a PCcafe, went to the dodger website and see he in fact left. took me a minute to realize what just happened, i remember in his seattle press conference he sounded genuinely sad that LA didnt even seem willing to re-sign him :frown:
frown.gif
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
TEAM XBOX360

Gonzo has been gone since the last 3 weeks of the season.

Ethier, Kemp, Pierre, Repko, and possibly D. Young.. Too many young outfielders.

I still don't understand how we can get Beltre... Did they mean via trade?
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Someone recap the conference, I'm in class right now.

nothing big really only thing he has said that he will bring Don Mattingly and Larry Bowa in as coachs

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

Quote:
I still don't understand how we can get Beltre... Did they mean via trade?
:lol:
laugh.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
capt.ab26a85aca7c4f1a98ef16a475a196f0.dodgers_torre_baseball_camw101.jpg
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
TEAM XBOX360

^^ and he mentioned speaking to Jeff Kent on the phone... but Jeff hasn't made a decision to come back yet.

I also like the setting, not your typical press conference, it was in the backround of Dodger Stadium. Very nice.
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

L.A will embrace dude with open arms

Grady who?

So nice to see Vin Scully and Tommy Lasorda greet him at the end of the press conference.

This team will learn alot from this guy, just alone hearing the stories he was telling at the press conference, Wow...

He has so much baseball knowledge, and he's so baseball old school, if this team doesn't benefit from all that he has to offer, than they are stupid.
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

did anyone hear the dumb @#%$ that asked "Joe what do you think of the chinesse players??" :smh:
smh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
TEAMCOWBOYS

I missed Vin's introduction to Joe Torre. I wasn't able to get to a computer until McCourt was at the podium.

- Bowa & Mattingly will be on the coaching staff.

- Torre said him & Ned will now finalize the coaching staff.

- Torre spoke with Kent, sounds like Kent now wants to actually play this coming year.

- Torre stressed pitching & said him & Ned would look at FA this offseason to try to improve whatever areas that need improvement.

- Said Saito was great but didn't know much about him as the other players.

- Other than that just shared stories about his Yankee memories, Dodger memories, etc.

The "What do you think about Chinese players?" question was :rolleyes
eyes.gif
EquipoTRIcolor​

Happy days @ The Ravine

:pimp:
pimp.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

I'd give it to jamie mccourt.

he looks good in that blue :smokin
smokin.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif
TEAM JORGE CAMPOS
TEAM XBOX360

Back
Top Bottom