OFFICAL NCAA FOOTBALL 11 THREAD - Release 7/13/10 - DEMO OUT NOW!!!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

People hate on Tebow because for the last four years it's been constant coverage and attention by all the major sports outlets. Because every time we had to watch a UF game the announcers were talking about how you're a better human being for having met Tim Tebow. Because after four years of love and praise, you get tired of seeing the same guy and how constantly it was being beat into your brain that he's the greatest human being walking the Earth.

Great players are always going to get hate and jealousy, that you can't ignore. But the love Tebow gets can annoy even the most patient of people and they're just tired of seeing him.

Has Tim as a person done anything to warrant the hate? Not really, he's just been a great football player and role model. The blame and hate should be focused on media coverage and ESPN, but most people direct it towards Tebow unfairly.
Great analysis, definitely on point as far as I'm concerned. I'm also guilty of the last paragraph, as it's easier to direct my irritation towards him because he is a tangible force in football as opposed to directing it toward the media.

Think of it like this. Athletes that get force-fed down our throats (pause) are going to be polarizing figures through no fault of their own. Even though someone like Peyton Manning has had coverage, he never bombarded our coverage of football, and thus has never garnered such polarizing hatred. We just see him as a great QB.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

What he's smashing:

340x.jpg

> the haters.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

oh my
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Never understood why people hated him he was a great college player.. Don't know how he'll turn out in the NFL but to say I hope he fails is hating on another level brah

Originally Posted by Mac4167

Originally Posted by marath0n

Why do people hate him?
Because he's good, he has championships and more than likely he'll be sucessful in the league. its just natural hate that some people possess in there heart, it mearly comes from people who wish there were in his shoes, but will never be and just choose to talk bad about someone doing better than them. 

Stay in school brah.

That's not his girl.

And why would Dion Lewis and/or Mark Ingram be on the cover? They are still in school? You can't still be in school and be on the cover of the game. I'm pretty sure they get paid for that thus it would be a NCAA violation.

And like always, I'll have a customer cover.

And it's obvious people in here talking about his game don't know a lick about football.

Any team that thinks Tebow will be their starting QB, does not plan on being competitive, ever.

Props to him being on the cover, but he was overrated his whole career.

Chris Leak was the reason Florida won the first title, and we have seen what he was without Percy Harvin.

Good guy, good college player, but will be an average NFL QB at best.

Because he's good, he has championships and more than likely he'll be sucessful in the league

LOL.

he deserves allt he hype. Look what he did for that team

More like....look what that team did for him.  Trust me when I tell ya that Tebow as a player is average at best.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by Big J 33

People hate on Tebow because for the last four years it's been constant coverage and attention by all the major sports outlets. Because every time we had to watch a UF game the announcers were talking about how you're a better human being for having met Tim Tebow. Because after four years of love and praise, you get tired of seeing the same guy and how constantly it was being beat into your brain that he's the greatest human being walking the Earth.

Great players are always going to get hate and jealousy, that you can't ignore. But the love Tebow gets can annoy even the most patient of people and they're just tired of seeing him.

Has Tim as a person done anything to warrant the hate? Not really, he's just been a great football player and role model. The blame and hate should be focused on media coverage and ESPN, but most people direct it towards Tebow unfairly.
Great analysis, definitely on point as far as I'm concerned. I'm also guilty of the last paragraph, as it's easier to direct my irritation towards him because he is a tangible force in football as opposed to directing it toward the media.

Think of it like this. Athletes that get force-fed down our throats (pause) are going to be polarizing figures through no fault of their own. Even though someone like Peyton Manning has had coverage, he never bombarded our coverage of football, and thus has never garnered such polarizing hatred. We just see him as a great QB.

yup but I don't see Tebow as a great QB at all. he's a great athlete and seems like a good person all around. but not a great QB

his girl is bad though 
devil.gif
 no way he's letting all that go to waste

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Any team that thinks Tebow will be their starting QB, does not plan on being competitive, ever.

Props to him being on the cover, but he was overrated his whole career.

Chris Leak was the reason Florida won the first title, and we have seen what he was without Percy Harvin.

Good guy, good college player, but will be an average NFL QB at best.
if you think we would have won the title without Tebow in 2006, you are absolutely kidding yourself. and vice versa.

We would have lost against Tennessee, LSU, and South Carolina without him.

good college player? maybe one of the best of all time.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

i dont like football but tim tebow can die

I don't like Tim Tebow but you're a prick for saying that. Why would you say that about another person? Did he turn down your girlfriend down and tell you straight up he did?

Back
Top Bottom