Offical Presidential Address thread

^we're not fighting countries though. no one has ever proven that any of these guys had any real high level intelligence. It would be akin to the talibancapturing US soldiers in the field and torturing them to divulge America's grand plan.

Im not for letting these people go, but torture is not needed. Try them in a court of law and send them to prison, just as we did with domestic terrorists andthe 1993 WTC bomber Ramzi yousef.

anyone catch when he said america invented the automobile?

laugh.gif

This is a great discussion we are having....but sidenote.... I find it funny how anything that had to do with the government before Nov.4 was reaching like 20pages a thread....now most people don't even know when their President is speaking...
smh.gif

Edit : Bobby Jindal
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
this dude exorcism jindal's walk in intro.......what does any ofthis have to do w/ obama's speech.....his whistle "s" needs to stop...

Originally Posted by VABigPoppa

laugh.gif
this dude exorcism jindal's walk in intro.......what does any of this have to do w/ obama's speech.....his whistle "s" needs to stop...

I thought I was bugging.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

definitely got em with that "deficit we inherited" remark, this dude is not happy with republicans, i mean the guy seriously tried to be bipartisan when he came in but he learned his lesson
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VABigPoppa

laugh.gif
this dude exorcism jindal's walk in intro.......what does any of this have to do w/ obama's speech.....his whistle "s" needs to stop...
its the republican response. different aspect of how to help the economic situation

They are giving Jindal just as much burn as Obama
smh.gif

get this dude out of here and get me a real challenge for my man Obama in 4 years....

I find it funny how anything that had to do with the government before Nov.4 was reaching like 20 pages a thread....now most people don't even know when their President is speaking...
smh.gif

I can't say I expected it to be any different. Remember what a majority of the replies in those threads were, too.

If you close your eyes and listen to Bobby Jindal, it'll seem like you're watching a terrible infomercial.
Like he is on Dish Network teaching me how to select" Pay-Per-View"
roll.gif

There it is.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I think that's very important to reward Teachers for their successes *me being one*..however..will teachers realize this and try to curve the grades/scores in order to reach that success? How will they hold teachers accountable for their "curves" if it does happen..

As someone who this doesnt directly effect, I find this a pretty big question; dealing with this type of thing indirectly with job qualifications as an HR professional...
I have heard him say this many times..but he still does not go over how he will hold teachers accountable if there is a flaw in the system for these "incentives" cause it's basically sayin that if your students get higher grades then you will b rewarded with higher pay or somethin along those lines..

Honestly, there will b a lot of teachers that will try to do this without changing their teaching methods to ensure success of their students..they will just curve the grades to make them look better and *Abracadabra...higher pay for me*..i like the idea/concept but it is very flawed..so how will hold teachers accountable? is that the districts responsibility to look over every graded assignment? do teachers have to show good faith and not b crooked? those are the questions that need to b answered..

I think he means higher grades on standardized tests...

Anyone hear Keith Olbermann mutter "OH GOD" just under his breath as Bobby Jindal was walking out to make his statement? I don't think herealized he was still on the air, but it was pretty funny.

This Jindal guy - I wonder how much he sold out his culture, religion, etc in order to make it to where he is. He strikes me as someone who has tried to so badto "pass" all his life if you know what I'm saying

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

They are giving Jindal just as much burn as Obama
smh.gif

get this dude out of here and get me a real challenge for my man Obama in 4 years....

you realize bobby jindal was a rhodes scholar, right?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

TIme that America gets some back bone....
Torturing is your definition of having "backbone?"
Its not the torturing that is "backbone"

Its the fact that America is looked at as soft around the world with such liberal ideals on certain issues

I feel that with certain countries and regimes you have to take the bully approach ( they wont stop doing what they are doing until you smack the !%%+ out of them)
I agree one hundred percent, only I think we have a completely different view of who we need to take the bully approach with. Not in a sense of militarily, or through violence, but financially.
Very very valid point.... Im being harsh with the torture aspect but I feel from a financial and military stand point its time to heat it up.... enough going places breaking their Legos and buying them a new pack. Time to stop funding and helping certain countries.... leave that to Oprah ...we are in our own mess now...

I'm talking about the trillions of dollars that we send Israel yearly that fuels the hatred that extremists use to rile support for their cause. This iswhat caused 9/11, not blind hatred of America, unwavering support of Israel by America no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom