Officers Won’t Face Federal Charges in Sean Bell Killing

smh.gif
Unbelievable.
[h6][/h6]
[h6]By AL BAKER and JOHN ELIGON[/h6]Citing insufficient evidence, federal authorities said Tuesday thatthey would not bring a civil rights case against the New York Citypolice officers involved in the killing of Sean Bell, a 23-year-old black man who was shot by the police outside a strip club in Queens on his wedding day.

The decision by the Justice Department came after prosecutors andfederal agents reviewed the case, in which five police officers fired50 shots into the Nissan Altima that Mr. Bell was driving. The carstruck a detective in the leg and hit a police van just before theofficers began firing their weapons.
Mr. Bell was killed and two passengers, Trent Benefield and Joseph Guzman, were wounded. None of the men had guns, although the police officers apparently believed at least one did.

In their review, officials from the Civil Rights Division of theJustice Department, the United States attorney’s office for the EasternDistrict of New York and the Federal Bureau of Investigationdid not find enough evidence to prove that the officers had willfullyacted to deny the men their constitutional rights, according to astatement from the Justice Department.

“Neither accident, mistake, fear, negligence, nor bad judgment issufficient to establish a federal criminal civil rights violation,â€

smh.gif
Muhammod Diallo (sp?), Rodney King, etc all over again. This +$%# makes no sense. What evidence do u need? they fired 50 shots into a car and nobody in the car had a gun. This +$%# makes no sense forreal.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

It isn't shocking anymore. Who is shocked? Not this guy.
seriously you really thought this was goin to be different?

Suprise Suprise,

I'm not saying make a repeat of the LA riots, but there needs to be some sort of peaceful (but getting the point across in a very firm way) protest in regards to some of this stuff police have pulled and walked away from scott free.

thank god, that would have been ridiculous to send someone to jail for doing their job. hearing the story it was clear sean bell and his hoodlum friends were up to no good 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Pmighty

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seriously though, who cares if it's not surprising.. I'm sure people were just HOPING that this case would be different, that MAYBE things would change a bit.. man, this %@+@ is sad and it kinda hurts to be honest. [/color]
tired.gif

the law dont apply to cops
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by Pmighty

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seriously though, who cares if it's not surprising.. I'm sure people were just HOPING that this case would be different, that MAYBE things would change a bit.. man, this *$@@ is sad. [/color]
tired.gif

the law dont apply to cops
smh.gif

QFT.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Suprise Suprise,

I'm not saying make a repeat of the LA riots, but there needs to be some sort of peaceful (but getting the point across in a very firm way) protest in regards to some of this stuff police have pulled and walked away from scott free.

What's that going to do

but it isn't a federal issue... this should have been handled on the state level.

Originally Posted by Damu

thank god, that would have been ridiculous to send someone to jail for doing their job. hearing the story it was clear sean bell and his hoodlum friends were up to no good 
smh.gif

?
what caused the Police to fire? I read that a officer was hit on the leg...

Originally Posted by Damu

smh.gif

this is exactly what i think

Good! These officers were protecting themselves. I'm sure if any of you were almost run over by a vehicle, I'm pretty sure you'd shoot as well. Police aren't trained to shoot a fixed amount of bullets. They are trained to stop the threat, and that they did. Why are so many people anti cop. Is it because the police don't let you do whatever illegal things you want to do(rob, drugs, rape, etc)? I love the cops. They try to keep peace in a sometimes uncivilized world.

Back
Top Bottom