Official “We Own this City” April 25th Thread vol. David Simon back

The BPD, really WOULD kill one of their own to prevent them from testifying tho :lol:. Or at least give that as an option. The GTTF is really the top of the surface level to the corruption.

I still think it’s hella shaky. And if you know them, you wouldn’t put it past them.

The BPD, really WOULD kill one of their own to prevent them from testifying tho :lol:. Or at least give that as an option. The GTTF is really the top of the surface level to the corruption.

I still think it’s hella shaky. And if you know them, you wouldn’t put it past them.

Then it's a lot of other people they would have killed first.

Like the bails bondsman.

He wasn't on the GTF long, and nothing they were doing was secret.

Gondo's man weave is hilarious. Sean was a scumbag. I think he's worse than Hersel because he wanted to be a "good guy" but was doing dirt too. He's the "good cop" that says nothing that we hear so much about. Hersel was a scumbag but he was true to who he was.

Gondo's man weave is hilarious. Sean was a scumbag. I think he's worse than Hersel because he wanted to be a "good guy" but was doing dirt too. He's the "good cop" that says nothing that we hear so much about. Hersel was a scumbag but he was true to who he was.

Easy to say from the outside. It's a corrupt system. It's better for your career if you say nothing. You're going to take on the entire Baltimore Police?

K Stop got lucky, because he knew nothing. Wayne just had him shipped to another unit.

Look at the cop that got shipped to patrol in the middle of nowhere, being "good".

That's what happen to Lester Freeman.

So basically you lose any sort of opportunity for advancement which also means more money. Your career is basically stalled and you just have to wait until it's time for your retirement.

and how was he worse than Herschel? Herschel was jailing, beating on and stealing from civilians, not just criminals. He was taking chump change from peoples pockets that might have been important to them. Herschel caused the old man, a civilian to be killed, chasing a suspected drug dealer, because he wanted a score.

What in the world are you talking about. You're worried about Suiter's value system, but something seems to be wrong with yours.

Easy to say from the outside. It's a corrupt system. It's better for your career if you say nothing. You're going to take on the entire Baltimore Police?

K Stop got lucky, because he knew nothing. Wayne just had him shipped to another unit.

Look at the cop that got shipped to patrol in the middle of nowhere, being "good".

That's what happen to Lester Freeman.

So basically you lose any sort of opportunity for advancement which also means more money. Your career is basically stalled and you just have to wait until it's time for your retirement.

and how was he worse than Herschel? Herschel was jailing, beating on and stealing from civilians, not just criminals. He was taking chump change from peoples pockets that might have been important to them. Herschel caused the old man, a civilian to be killed, chasing a suspected drug dealer, because he wanted a score.

What in the world are you talking about. You're worried about Suiter's value system, but something seems to be wrong with yours.

Suiter is the classic "good cop" we hear about that is just as corrupt as everyone else. He stole money, he was crooked and tried to act like just because he was doing homicide all was forgiven. The scene when the old guy called him out and he tried to play that "I'm in homicide" card was telling. Suiter was going down with the rest of them. He wasn't taking on the system, he benefited from it then got a conscience and wanted to play the "I'm in Homicide" card.

Suiter is the classic "good cop" we hear about that is just as corrupt as everyone else. He stole money, he was crooked and tried to act like just because he was doing homicide all was forgiven. The scene when the old guy called him out and he tried to play that "I'm in homicide" card was telling. Suiter was going down with the rest of them. He wasn't taking on the system, he benefited from it then got a conscience and wanted to play the "I'm in Homicide" card.

Wayne stole money and split it up. He took it. The money was going to be gone regardless.

And you're telling me that's comparable to killing, beating, stealing from and falsely imprisoning civilians?

Are you that slow or doing your usual trolling?

Is Jamie hector a good actor? I’ve seen the wire, this show, and all of Bosch… I don’t know

I didn't see Bosch, but he seems very Keanu Reeves like

He could be in Westworld
Man Bosch is a great show… carried by Bosch lol.
Hector (and Bosch) are homicide detectives, hector is very emotionless, kind of like this show. Bosch is kind of dry too but he’s cool.

Finally watched this. What an incredible story. It's crazy that, had it been a work of fiction, you would have laughed cuz of how ridiculous and wild Jenkins, Hersl and the others were. Mind-blowing how they got away with it for so long... and ultimately Jenkins only getting 25 years.

And Suiter's fate! 😮 Didn't see that coming!
I dunno if I missed this, but do we know how much or how long he was taking? It felt like he was doing it, not for greed, but out of necessity for being a cop there. When so many were doing it, he had to take some just to make the others 'feel better'... like in Training Day.... if that makes any sense.

Jon Bernthal though... He's so good at playing a**holes... 😂😂

Finally watched this. What an incredible story. It's crazy that, had it been a work of fiction, you would have laughed cuz of how ridiculous and wild Jenkins, Hersl and the others were. Mind-blowing how they got away with it for so long... and ultimately Jenkins only getting 25 years.

And Suiter's fate! 😮 Didn't see that coming!
I dunno if I missed this, but do we know how much or how long he was taking? It felt like he was doing it, not for greed, but out of necessity for being a cop there. When so many were doing it, he had to take some just to make the others 'feel better'... like in Training Day.... if that makes any sense.

Jon Bernthal though... He's so good at playing a**holes... 😂😂

I think the same reason the other dude who took the money and threw it away. They wanted to fit in and they were making the $100+ with OT.

Just got through watching. Incredible series. Baltimore is a wild town. From BPD, to the Mayor and Police Commissioner.

Jenkins a wild man. It’s crazy they were still stealing even though they knew they were being investigated.

The last episode attention to Suiter had me thinking yea something gonna happen to him. Just the way he was moving. It really set in when he was behind the van.

I’m gonna peep The Slow Hustle

It was like that it was so widespread and ingrained they didn't think anything would happen.

There’s never been a stronger case for dismantling a whole police department than the BPD :lol: …N ppl both in the city and on the outside wonder why crime outta control like it’s just simple as ppl behaving better :smh:

Ohhh **** :wow: Back in 2021 my brother told me something about this was supposed to drop but totally missed the release until just now. Momodu was actually my cousin (or play cousin…and more so my brothers because my brother is 9 years older than me and closer to his age :lol:). My dad and his dad came over around the same time.

I remember being shook when the news first broke and he was telling me about it. My pops was a lawyer and my uncle (actual uncle :lol: ) was a special appeals judge around the time before going federal so I know they knew more than he was telling me because I was young(er). Curious to line up what I remember he told me with what actually happened and David Simon’s depiction of it.

Back
Top Bottom