**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Baron Davis would look good in a NYK uniform....j/k, maybe...
laugh.gif
. Dudes passing was on point today!!

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

damn roboski just got uncovered

it was me by the way who was wearing a hat and sneakers. i was wearing a jacket too
Couldn't have been you then. This guy was shirtless.

Really would be huge if we could close the season off with a little win streak just to get some momentum back...On the other hand I'd also be fine with honestly letting Stat rest a couple games. Dude played way, way too much this season for a guy with bad knees. He just looks tired and look to have about halfthe explosion that he did at the start of the year. The grind of the season has obviously worn him down.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Really would be huge if we could close the season off with a little win streak just to get some momentum back...On the other hand I'd also be fine with honestly letting Stat rest a couple games. Dude played way, way too much this season for a guy with bad knees. He just looks tired and look to have about have the explosion that he did at the start of the year. The grind of the season has obviously worn him down.
Was talking to my dad about the same thing at dinner as well. Dude normally looks a bit quirky when he's out there, but last night you could tell he was obviously in some kind of discomfort. Hopefully jerk-off realizes that and gives him a break so he's somewhat useful in the playoffs.

Spoiler [+]
roboski wrote:

Two NT Knick fans talking about everday Joes/journalist who critize sports players (in this case Carmelo) who are way talented then them at almost every aspic in life. The irony is killing me right now.
laugh.gif

Half of this MIAMI HEAT thread is hate towards Bron, Bosh, and Wade mostly by NT Knick fans.

If u want a good laugh head over to there thread u want be disappointed.
laugh.gif
roboski wrote:
71 at the half WOW!!!

Are Knick fans sure Adelmen (s/p) is a upgrade over D' Antoni??
roboski wrote:
miamib30514 wrote:
Knick fans arent sure of anything anymore
I know right. Feels good to post in this thread lately without the constant hate from Knick/Laker fans..
pimp.gif

Did i just get served??
nerd.gif

Animal Thug is definitely reaching with my statements...

I talked about how Adelmen is not a better upgrade over D'Antoni, the irony of two Knick fans talking about how regular Journalist disrespect Carmelo (but are quick to talk junk about Bosh and Lebron), and when we win its regular Heat fans having a convo about the game, while the trolls have nothing to say cause we won. 

Don't see why we can't go on a 9 game winning streak to end the season if it wasn't for who we lost to in our previous losing streak.

Amar'e obviously needs rest but after the Nets game we don't play until Sunday. That's a lot of time if Pringles is as player friendly as rumored there will be at most a 30 min practice on Friday
laugh.gif
That's the trade off with him though, short practices and long !#% minutes in the game especially for star players in his short rotation. Lets hope Pringles keeps on extending his rotations like he's done lately by playing Walker and Sheldon.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

This is random but i saw this Gif and couldnt stop laughing

2rqfvpj.jpg

Turiaf always has .gif material
laugh.gif
theres a few some where when he was on the warriors

long time thread reader first time Knicks thread poster but a quick question, did Jerry Sloan retire or just step down from coaching the Jazz. If he just stepped down what are the chances of him taking over the coaching seat for the Knicks?

Originally Posted by silvermatrix12

long time thread reader first time Knicks thread poster but a quick question, did Jerry Sloan retire or just step down from coaching the Jazz. If he just stepped down what are the chances of him taking over the coaching seat for the Knicks?
Retired so he is still under contract. If the Knicks wanted to hire him, they'd have to give something up (draft pick, player, fresh towels, etc)
roboski wrote:
I talked about how Adelmen is not a better upgrade over D'Antoni, the irony of two Knick fans talking about how regular Journalist disrespect Carmelo (but are quick to talk junk about Bosh and Lebron), and when we win its regular Heat fans having a convo about the game, while the trolls have nothing to say cause we won.

as mentioned already, we are not paid to have an unbiased opinion like journalist are. Oh hey, you guys lost to the Cavs too.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by roboski

as mentioned already, we are not paid to have an unbiased opinion like journalist are. Oh hey, you guys lost to the Cavs too.
That's the point that people don't seem to get..I'm not complaining that the Knicks get clowned on sometimes by analysts/journalists..The Knicks lost by 15 to a garbage team? Go ahead and make jokes..Knicks lose a big lead in the 4th because they played defense like a 5th grade team? Criticize them until you lose your voice..But when you make fun of the Knicks EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU MAKE A TELEVISION APPEARANCE, that's not being an analyst, it's being a hater...Jon Barry makes jokes about the Knicks when he's calling games where the Knicks AREN'T EVEN PLAYING...Michael Wilbon is always pessimistic and making excuses every time the Knicks win with things like "They got lucky..The other team handed them the game, blah blah"...Charles Barkley does the same..And there are many more journalists/analysts that do the same

I would be fine with this biased hatred towards the Knicks because they were bad for so long, but where's the analyst that constantly criticizes other teams that used to be garbage? 75% of the Clippers franchise history was them being trash (and they still are) but they get Blake Griffin and people slurp them up every time Blake catches an alley..Where's their biased analyst on ESPN? Nets have been garbage for all but 3-4 seasons the past 10-15 years..Wheres their televised haters?

We'll just have to get use to it like we've gotten use to other things tonight. I know they're salivating at the thought of us starting bad or losing to the Nets cuz they won't have a lot of nice things to say about the Knicks if we trounce them. Be prepared for the Brook Lopez praising and the grittiness of Ben Uzoh or maybe the excuse of DWill didn't play so that's why they lost(if he doesn't play).

They (Wilbon, Barry, Chuck) are annoying but the best way to make them shut up is to win. Only Legs keeps it real and gives a balanced opinion of the Knicks. Hate to think SAS shows up on air cuz he be doing that backhanded complimenting, join in on hating and take it to the next level of blaming Donnie, Pringles, Dolan and anybody else who isn't black.

so I read an article where ESPN asked five of their reporters if Dantoni should be fired. And every single one said of course not. He should stay.

Two of them said that Thibbs wouldn't be able to make this team play defense

It's a joke how bad they want us to suck

^This team not having actual defenders or defensive leaders is a bigger part in why we suck at defense than the coach. Pringles actually got Phoenix to play decent team defense when he coached them and whether you believe it or not nobody is going to make Steve Nash a better defender.

So maybe Thibbs could teach a guy like Landry but if you past 24 imo you don't get coached on defense and suddenly become better. You already have the mindset to put in effort and hustle. If not, after that point the coach can only add in incentives for you to play defense like Thibbs does with Rose.

I think it was Osh that had a post in the season thread with the stats to back it up.
Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Originally Posted by DubA169

brooke lopez <<<< prime shaq

even if we win they will spend the game talking *$%*
Fixed.
You don't get it?
laugh.gif
He's saying they'll be saying shh akin to that just to spite the Knicks and not talk about them which they will and always do.

Originally Posted by DubA169

so I read an article where ESPN asked five of their reporters if Dantoni should be fired. And every single one said of course not. He should stay.

Two of them said that Thibbs wouldn't be able to make this team play defense

It's a joke how bad they want us to suck
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

You know whats really annoying?

When people say the defense is mostly effort, it's @$%%@##$.

It's a skill, it's an ability, that some people have some people don't, It's a combination of BB IQ and quickness, sure effort is involved like it is in all of basketball but defense is as much of skill as offense is.
So when I hear on the radio Knicks people saying defense is just effort and oh Dantoni needs to make them give more effort. What? The personel James Doalan has assembled can't guard anyone. PERIOD. They aren't good enough to do it, it isn't scheeme it isn't effort, they simply are NOT good at it.

Dantoni is comepletly overrated as an offensive coach, the if you were to write the Mike D'antoni system book the first page would be"give Steve Nash the ball and relax" the rest of it would be blank but as a defensive coach even though he was constantly saddled with mediocre defensive talent he got the most out of them and there defense improved every year until they were the 13th best defense in the L. D'antoni in europe as a player was a defensive guy, thorughout europe he was know for his defense and his ability to cause turnovers, he was known for that when he coached there too, you really think he doesn't know anything about defense?
Found it
laugh.gif
A lot of truth though.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

^This team not having actual defenders or defensive leaders is a bigger part in why we suck at defense than the coach. Pringles actually got Phoenix to play decent team defense when he coached them and whether you believe it or not nobody is going to make Steve Nash a better defender.

So maybe Thibbs could teach a guy like Landry but if you past 24 imo you don't get coached on defense and suddenly become better. You already have the mindset to put in effort and hustle. If not, after that point the coach can only add in incentives for you to play defense like Thibbs does with Rose.

I think it was Osh that had a post in the season thread with the stats to back it up.

if Thibbs wouldn't be able to teach them defense, then I'm really curious as to what a coach's job is.

seriously what is it? If it's all about the players, what is a coach's job? to look good in a suit? to talk to the media?

yes individual defense is a skill but TEAM defense is about effort and a good game plan.  Rose, Boozer, and Korver are bad defenders. But somehow Thibbs got them to buy into the team defense and it works

Pierce had the same things said about him as Melo. Can't play defense, he's a selfish ballhog, not a winner. Nobody ever called Ray Allen a good defender. Yet somehow They are now part of that amazing Celtics defense.

Dantoni has had three different cores and they have all played some of the worst defense I have ever seen. To the point where a high school coach would do a better job. They don't know how to defend the pick and roll. They switch on everything. Jared Jefferies the defensive stopper doesn't even put his hands up. How in the world is his brother qulaified to the defensive assistant?

off the top of my head chandler, felton, douglas, turiaf, shedon williams, randolph, jeffieries, darko are all phsyically capable of playing defense.

it's ridiculous to say the knicks haven't had anybody that can be taught proper team defense

Back
Top Bottom