Official 12/20: Minnesota Vikings (11-2) at Carolina Panthers (5-8) SNF Game Thread

jpzx

Supporter
picture2ctx.png

[h2]Harvin practices on Friday[/h2]Harvin (migraines) was able to participate in practice for the first time of the week on Friday, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press' Sean Jensen.

Our View: This news comes as a very good sign for Harvin's status, and it looks like he'll be able to play barring any setbacks. He doesn't make for the best play against Carolina's solid pass defense, but he should be good to go if you don't have any other viable options.
Link
[h1]Delhomme out, Moore in Sunday night[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 18, 2009 1:14 PM ET
Carolina quarterback Matt Moore will start his third straight game on Sunday night when the Panthers take on the Minnesota Vikings.

The team announced on its official Twitter feed that quarterback Jake Delhomme won't play.

Delhomme has missed the last two weeks with a broken finger, and it hasn't healed well enough for him to return. And even if it had healed, given that Delhomme was having a lousy year and the Panthers would like to see what Moore can do, it makes sense for Moore to get the start.

The Panthers also announced that defensive end Tyler Brayton is probable to return to action after missing last week with a concussion. Other Panthers listed as probable include wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad and running back Jonathan Stewart.
Link

CBS Sports previews the game...

We have already clinched a playoff spot, and with a win this week @ Carolina we clinch our division.
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

Vikings by 13

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Harvin, Rice active for Vikings[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2009 7:18 PM ET
Despite a two-week bout with migraines and a pair of bulging disks in his neck, Vikings receiver Percy Harvin is active for Sunday night's game in Charlotte.

Also active is receiver Sidney Rice, who had missed a couple of days of practice with an illness.

The Vikings' inactive players are receiver Jaymar Johnson, running back Albert Young, cornerback Karl Paymah, tight end Garrett Mills, linebacker J Lehman, center John Cooper, and defensive tackle Letroy Guion. Sage Rosenfels is the emergency quarterback.

For Carolina, the inactive players are quarterback Jake Delhomme, cornerback C.J. Wilson, running back Mike Goodson, fullback Tony Fiammetta, defensive tackle Derek Landri, offensive lineman Rob Petitti, receiver Dwayne Jarrett, and defensive end Hilee Taylor.
Link

Hopefully, we take advantage of NO's slip up.

I don't think we'll get homefield, bt if we keep pressure on them, who knows?

Smitty better not be lighting us up though
smh.gif
our pass D this year has been average.

Time for AD's real bounce back game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

11 of the the first 14 games this week were decided by 7 points or less.

Continue that.

That stat might be used for next week when I resume betting. The latter half of the seasons always have close games, for a number of reasons.

I'm surprised to hear that Carolina hasn't put back to back winning seasons under Fox....I guess it's the combo of the years when they wereactually good supplemented with the off years when their pre-season hype had every prognosticator betting on the Panthers to get to a SB.

Lets see if Brett Favre can manage to screw the Niners three times in one season.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm surprised to hear that Carolina hasn't put back to back winning seasons under Fox....I guess it's the combo of the years when they were actually good supplemented with the off years when their pre-season hype had every prognosticator betting on the Panthers to get to a SB.

Do you have a list of the teams that had the most hype this preseason, as far as betting is concerned? I'd like to see how it's panned out.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

I'm surprised to hear that Carolina hasn't put back to back winning seasons under Fox....I guess it's the combo of the years when they were actually good supplemented with the off years when their pre-season hype had every prognosticator betting on the Panthers to get to a SB.

Do you have a list of the teams that had the most hype this preseason, as far as betting is concerned? I'd like to see how it's panned out.

Well, I don't know if their is a direct corrletion between preseason hype of a team concerning the betting aspect. It's hard to gauge how many times ateam will cover the spread given a certain schedule during the preseason.

If I had to answer that question though, I'd guess and say Buffalo?

Originally Posted by dland24

Lets see if Brett Favre can manage to screw the Niners three times in one season.
smh.gif
Time to stop blaming Favre for your team's troubles.

Reynaud

I think that's the first time Longwell has missed a field goal that's not blocked/tipped in the first place this season.

Well, I don't know if their is a direct corrletion between preseason hype of a team concerning the betting aspect. It's hard to gauge how many times a team will cover the spread given a certain schedule during the preseason.

http://niketalk.com/topic/188424

Interesting stuff in there.

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif

You dont think the week 3 last second pass ruined our season? 4-0 to start the season and we wouldnt have been in this position for the past 4 weeks.Obviously, we played like doo doo a lot, but Im just sayin. (not even to mention his amazing game against Arizona
smh.gif
)

Well, I don't know if their is a direct corrletion between preseason hype of a team concerning the betting aspect. It's hard to gauge how many times a team will cover the spread given a certain schedule during the preseason.

http://niketalk.com/topic/188424

Interesting stuff in there.

Nice find... time to check it out.

EDIT: WOW @ some of the crap in this thread.

Originally Posted by JPZx

smh.gif
You dont think the week 3 last second pass ruined our season? 4-0 to start the season and we wouldnt have been in this position for the past 4 weeks. Obviously, we played like doo doo a lot, but Im just sayin. (not even to mention his amazing game against Arizona
smh.gif
)
And that's what it comes down to.

One loss in September is not going to determine your whole season.

We need to figure our pass coverage lapses before the playoffs start. If Matt Moore is having success on big downsagainst us without his two starting tackles, god only knows what Drew Brees could do...

Originally Posted by Statis22

Preseason odds as in teams making the Super Bowl?

Yeah... I know you can sometimes make bets on which team you think will make the Super Bowl before the regular season begins.

Back
Top Bottom