Official: 2007-08 Chicago Bulls Season Thread

See you guys tomorrow. I can't wait!!! 3-0 here we come. 8)
glasses.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

i cant believe Deng turned that deal down. There is way too much drama and allegations going on in Chicago and not enough basketball. Pax needs to get things right in the organization
TEAMCOWBOYS
VI..XII..XXVII..XXVIII..XXX......​
"We're workin on the second hand"

Chikickz you explain why I believe we should trade BG. I agree with you point of how BG has the turnover bug especially in the 4th qtr. He just makes too many mistakes, cant handle the ball, cant play defense, and hes too inconsistent on offense. He is one of the best shooters in the league but he gets greedy when he knows he cant hit the shot. He tries to do too much with the ball and it seems like he always fails when he does.

^This also makes BG difficult to trade. His offensive game needs to be set up by someone. I don't know why the Bulls don't run him around screens like the Pistons do for Rip Hamilton. When BG has space to rise up, he'll hit 48% of those jumpers. Skiles seems to let BG dribble penetrate to create his own space and we see how that becomes problematic.

The only time BG is scoring in bunches is when he has someone guarding him that is thinking about something else. When Kidd was guarding BG he was thinking about rebounding and starting the fast break.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

The selfishness and greediness of todays athlete boggles my mind.

Luol seems to be a nice guy. How the heck is he gonna reject that newest deal. Come on man ! Take the damn deal and move on. Don't give me this "distracted" @#%$ when you're the one who isn't satisfied with $57,000,000. Give me a @#%$ break. You're from the Sudan, i wonder how many people from there would decline a more than fair contract. So it isn't up to par with other players. Who gives a @#%$!

How about winning a game huh? How about making a jump-shot . How about scoring more than 72 points as a team. Stop embarrassing the city. I'm pissed now. I want Kobe.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

None of our current big money players are getting it done. None of the expected big money players are getting it done. Only midcap exception Joe Smith and rookie contract Tyrus Thomas are consistent thus far.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

There was actually some slight talk about being Elton back here, but that's a stretch....or maybe not. We never should've got rid of him..ughhh. Don't get me started on the Tim Floyd era though....ughhhh....
4L8O15S16T23!42​

You can't have him back. :lol:
laugh.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Does anybody know of any NBA players suffering an Achilles tendon rupture and coming back to play? I do know of NFL players but I'm not sure of how basketball players have come back from that type of injury.

From personal experience, this injury is no joke, and I'm really pulling for Brand because he has been one of my favorite players since he proved he was worthy of the Bulls drafting him as a number one pick. It was so disheartening to see him go for what we got. But anyways, let's wait and see how he comes back because I do know you're never the same (although close with the type of surgury and rehabilitation and care he's getting) after this injury. How effective and to what level he can return to, though, will be interesting to see.

GET KOBE!!!

Elton would fit oh so nicely in our offense, but who knows how he'll bounce back from the injury. Plus he's under contract.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

I'm being half-sarcastic in asking this, but .....what's the draft class looking like ?
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
You can't have him back. j/p
:lol:
laugh.gif
of the season... The Mavericks started 0-4 last season.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong​
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Why wasn't Deng guarding Mobley ALL FREAKING NIGHT? Skiles can't be seriously staying with Kurt when he's getting killed the entire first half.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

the bulls are killing me. we need to do something now, every single game we go down and then decide to come back. Wallace is horrible, his payroll, and his lazy play are becoming the death of us. Im so sick of all this jumpshooting. Joe Smith played well, BG went cold and once again our defense looked suspect as it has all season. Im two seconds from jumping on the trade bandwagon. we are 0-4 with Detroit on thursday and the circus trip coming up. Things are not looking too hot for the home team
TEAMCOWBOYS

Luol went to the hole pretty hard in that 1st qrtr, and he got there easily.

I'm very worried about this team....we're gonna get so much crap, especially on TNT...oh god

I want Kobe.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^ Yeah Charles is going to tear into us. We really need to get a win against detroit as crazy as it sounds. All this we were close stuff is going to have to stop its time to start winning. I know we are only four games in but these are the games that matter. Just like the Suns game last year, that was one of the games that cost us the 2 seed
TEAMCOWBOYS

Mobley and Kamen shot awesome from the field last night. The rest of the Clippers, 15 of 52, shot 29% from the field.

Kirk was actually cheating off Mobley in the first half to double team Tim Thomas in the post. Is Kirk a freaking rookie again? This is inexcusable. Let Tim Thomas post all day.

Having Kobe or Brand won't change Kirk's awful defensive displays.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

hinrich, gordon, wallace, and a 1st round pick....i know, i know what about the salary thing...

i think the play of all of those guys would tell you who isnt living up to expectation

this way we still got noah, and thomas... but id play it as kb at point, duh at sg

Why is Aaron Gray not getting any minutes??? He had a really good preseason, and I think he should get a shot.

Quote:
hinrich, gordon, wallace, and a 1st round pick....
off slow last year? No need to talk about making any deals. Yall have a great team.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Im pretty sure LA would want Noah or Tyrus in there.......but yeah....I wouldn't cry if that deal was made.

We started of 3-9 last year i think ..and 0-9 before that so, yeah we're used to sucking out of the gate...Doesn't make me feel any better.

I want Kobe.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Noah will turn out to be a teriffic player in the next couple seasons.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

It could be the 0-4 record clouding my judgement.....but I really really want Kobe here now. i was leary at first, but I'm adamant in this decision. I'd still like to keep Deng...and Hinrich if possible, but hey I'm more open to the trade now than any other previous point in time.

I want Kobe.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
How the heck is he gonna reject that newest deal
ers, the Lakers haven't won a playoff series since Shaq was traded to Miami. Many, starting with Bryant himself, blame the "supporting cast." But, in fact, Kobe's teammates are better than generally believed, and he has a Hall of Fame coach in Phil Jackson.

It's worth noting that last season when the Lakers won at San Antonio in mid-January, they were 26-13, but their progress was eventually derailed by injuries.

The more central questions, according to some observers in the NBA, revolve around Bryant's approach to the game. His amazing determination, while certainly a key part of his success on the court, does not always translate into leadership or a winning attitude.

The best-selling book "Leadership and Self-Deception" explains that leaders try to develop people who are even more capable and creative than they are. They are constantly in the process of creating future leaders. They are more interested in results than credit.

Certainly Bryant wants to win. But he wants to win his way, according to many who have followed his career. And when you break it down, that translates to this attitude: I would rather lose my way than win your way.

Bryant wants to win, but he also wants the most shots. He wants to be a great hero, not a great teammate or leader. He wants the credit.

This Kobe character trait became most apparent when Shaq was traded to the Heat. While Bryant has denied that he asked the Lakers to trade Shaq, just about everyone in the league believes that Kobe wanted him traded because Kobe was tired of sharing the spotlight.

Bryant's play often resembles a solo act, and his criticism of his teammates along with his trade demands only reinforces the idea that Kobe has his own interests, not the interests of his teammates, foremost in his mind and actions.

Contrast Bryant with LeBron James for a moment. James goes out of his way to involve his teammates, and takes over only when needed, as when he scored 25 consecutive points against Detroit in the playoffs. He invests in his teammates, and they rewarded him with a trip to the NBA Finals.

If LeBron were to suddenly be available in a trade, does anyone believe that after six months the Cavs would still be waiting to receive a serious offer? Or 10 serious offers?

I'm told the biggest reason teams such as the Bulls and Mavericks have been reluctant to offer their best players for Bryant is that they've carefully and successfully put together casts of team players with charismatic coaches who try to get everyone pulling in the same direction.

If one of those teams were to break up its core and bring in Bryant, would those parts add up to a championship? No matter how great Kobe is, can a team count on him to devote himself to the greater good?

No one knows, but it's easy to see why Mavs owner Mark Cuban and Bulls GM John Paxson would have reservations.

4. Is Kobe worth it?

Those three issues lead up to the ultimate question: Given all the complex considerations, does it make sense to acquire Kobe?

First of all, it's just not that easy to make a deal, especially during the season, when the roster rules make it more difficult to trade many players for one.

Second, Bryant makes a lot of money -- $19.4 million this season. Since teams over the salary cap are required to make deals that come within 25 percent and $100,000 in contractual obligations of each other, any team that trades for Kobe must part with at least $15 million worth of salaries to make a deal work. The Lakers want several young players to make the trade work. Trading away young, inexpensive talent is disruptive to a team at best and devastating at worst.

Third, such a trade would be a gamble, and NBA teams are generally risk-averse, as we saw at the last trade deadline. Most GMs prefer to stick with the status quo. Taking risks invites scrutiny from the media and fans, and tends to hasten a GM's dismissal, many feel. Doing nothing is simply safer.

Fourth, there is the straightforward question of talent: As great as Bryant is, can he replace the talent a team would have to give up? And if a team gives up too much to acquire Kobe, that team would be no more equipped to compete for a championship than the Lakers are, which would potentially start the cycle all over again, with Bryant's unhappiness dominating the team.

What can make a trade work?

Kobe could drop his no-trade clause (and promise to forego his 15 percent trade kicker to make a trade work), which would theoretically allow for more teams to consider a deal.

Or the Lakers could drop their asking price, accepting a deal for cap relief and/or veterans who help them compete right away.

Or a team could get off to a slow start (such as Chicago's disappointing 0-3 start) and raise its offer.

But if the status quo holds, teams will have to look forward to the summer of 2009, when Bryant can opt out of his contract at the age of 31.

By then our eyes and hearts will likely have caught up with what the numbers and logic are already telling us: Kobe Bryant is a great player, but in a team sport like basketball he lacks the ability, on his own, to deliver an NBA championship

Back
Top Bottom