Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

i've got the #6 waiver right now. would it be worth using to pick elton brand up? any news on whether or not he'll still be back around the all starbreak? i'd probably drop varejao if i did pick brand up. what do you guys think?

JbOi112. trade looks good to me. all 4 are pretty good fantasy options but you get the best player in gay and in my opinion gordon and daviscancel each other out. the other team would probably at least consider it depending on where he is in the standings.

Originally Posted by JbOi112

Thanks for the suggestions, RFX & Chester. I ended up still losing out on boards by about 10 because his team beat me with a 26 REB performance by Biedrins last night. Amazing.
eyes.gif

Anyhow, would you guys tell me what you think of my team so far? Losing JO has really cost me the past couple of weeks, but do you guys have any suggestions or sleepers I could possibly add to bolster my team and hold things down while JO is still out?

junitnm9.jpg

Also, would a Stephen Jackson and Ricky Davis for Rudy Gay and an injured Ben Gordon sound like a fair trade? Please let me know what else I could try instead. Thanks, guys.
I lost in rebounds this week becuase of Biedrins too, by about 8. Well i could have won that category if Kaman and Garnett were able to play overthe weekend, it would have been a 9-0 victory for me.

As for that trade, when is Gordon due back? In a H2H league, I prefer to have playing players than holding out on injured players because it really takes ittoll. But that's just me and plenty of people would not agree. If Gordon will only miss 1-2 games, take the deal but if he'll miss a week or more, yourteam will suffer. Your team is pretty solid though, Nash and Paul in the same team, you must dominate the assist category in your league.

Also, O'neal might be out for the whole season but make sure before you drop him. Maybe go and try and get Webber when he starts playing for the Warriors,he could probably provide you with a 12/7/4 a game, depending on his PT.

Are there any website with an injury update? I just want to make sure Kaman isn't playing tonight before I bench him. Most sites say his day-to-day.

hey, RFX... thanks for the advice. sorry for the late reply.

I'll keep a watch on Webber. I was thinking of replacing K. Thomas with Darko, but someone scooped him up.
eyes.gif
I need someone who can REB and BLK without killing my %'s (unlike JoshBoone). Any other sleepers I should be watching out for, guys?

Also, how do you think the O'Neal-Marion swap will affect R. Davis? Is it time to toss him?

What do you guys think of trading Rashard and Stephen Jackson for Pierce and Aldridge? I've got shard and jax. should i do this trade? i'm leaningtowards it cuz my "C" spot is weak. josh boone, dampier, noah and webber weak

Just my opinion, since I currently have Aldridge on my squad, but I'd try to trade Shard and SJax for a more solid C.

Aldridge does provide PTS, but doesn't consistently provide REB. I'm sure you'd be able to get some value out of your two trading chips.

all right, guys. I got a trade offer currently on the table: I give Steve Nash for Ben Gordon, Rafer Alston, and Wally Sczerbiak. I'm thinking that's apretty bad trade. I need REB and/or BLK, especially with JO out for the longest time. I know he's just trying to unload Gordon. What would be a goodcounter offer?

I was thinking Steve Nash, Jamal Crawford, and Dorell Wright for Yao Ming, Rudy Gay, and a sketchy Ben Gordon. Is that fair or do I need to give more?

Here's my current roster:
PG Chris Paul
SG Jamal Crawford
G Steve Nash
SF Stephen Jackson
PF Antonio McDyess
F Travis Outlaw
C LaMarcus Aldridge
C Carlos Boozer
Util Dorell Wright
Util Cuttino Mobley
BN Mark Blount
BN Thabo Sefolosha
BN Jermaine O'Neal INJ
Here's his:
PG Brandon Roy
SG Ben Gordon
G Rudy Gay
SF Mike Dunleavy
PF Yi Jianlian
F Marvin Williams
C Yao Ming
C Luis Scola
Util Rafer Alston
Util Wally Szczerbiak
BN Tracy McGrady
BN Michael Redd
BN Anderson Varejao INJ
What do you guys think?

^ how about this instead - Steve Nash and Dorell Wright for Rudy Gay, Rafer Alston, and Ben Gordon?

Is it even worth taking the risk on the Ben Gordon's wrist healing? I'm still waiting for JO to get back to decent shape...

^ Don't. Nash demands bigger names than Alston and Gordon. Rudy Gay should stay in that trade but try to get him to give up Ming or Roy also. Try for Ming,just in case JO turns out to be a bust this season (hopefully not, but in fantasy you should always assume the worst)..

^ thanks for the sound advice. I was getting trigger happy for a second with all the huge trades going on in real-life andwhat not...
laugh.gif

The guy I'm dealing with has some big names, but doesn't really have the smaller pieces I was hoping to trade for.Anyone got any suggestions on what I should piece together to round out my squad and make it fairly even on both sides???

Ok, sorry to bring this back from the grave but I'm in need of an advice. I'm looking to trade Kaman or Big Z and Kirilenko for D. Williams and Gasol.I'm pretty much losing blocks for points and assist. Is it a pretty good trade for my side? I feel like it will get vetoed in my league though, would youguys veto if you were in the situation?

Who should I trade, Kaman or Big Z? Kaman is a lot better than Big Z but since the Clips has no chance of going to the playoffs, the team might keep Kaman withmimited minutes or not worry about not playing him so there is no risk of furthe rinjury.

What do you guys think?

^ I would definitely have to agree that a Big Z and AK-47 swap for Deron and Pau would get vetoed immediately. It would beamazing if the other guys was actually willing to do that...

Obviously, with the injury problems to both Z and AK, it would be almost impossible to trade them. But if both werehealthy, I think you would have to include Kaman to even make it come close to "looking like" a decent trade. Otherwise, it's prettylopsided.

I dunno. Hope that helps.

BTW, how does a Steve Nash and McDyess for Kidd and Horford swap sound? I give up Nash and Dice. Will that benefit me inthe long run? Is it even close to an even exchange? Let me know your thoughts.

I feel like Nash is losing a lot of value since he's on some slump as of late. And as a Laker fan, I don't reallyfeel like rooting for the Suns to do well (specifically him).
laugh.gif

anyone know if Arenas will play tonight? Who should I start tonight? Gil or Devin Harris? I need 3's and PTS and goodFG%.

Back
Top Bottom