OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

rvp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:#$+%%%+ REF .
frown.gif

What a cruel sport this is.

First 25 minutes both sides are pressing and looking good...Arsenal score and appear to be controlling the match.

First 15 minutes of the second half Arsenal miss out on 2 great chances, the entire team looks confident.

Rooney dives, scores for Man Utd and suddenly Man Utd. take charge of the match.

Then the Diaby OG happens and Arsenal are completely deflated while Man Utd. seize control of the match.

I hate blaming refs when your team doesn't get a favorable result but that was a terrible PK call. Absolutely dreadful. It's a shame that incidentswung the match in favor of Man Utd.

I cant wait to see Wenger's post match tear fest. Dude is going to be crying about the officiating for atleast the next 3 days.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
How are you gonna call that after Rooney toe-punted the ball outside ofplay before Almunia touched his boots?

my heart sank when i saw Van Persie's shot hit the back of the net...

like someone said,great end-to-end stuff...literally,i was at the edge of my seat...
eek.gif

at the end of the day,it was a huge win for United...
pimp.gif

We didn't deserve to lose, played better than United at their own ground. We won't lose to them at the Emirates and i'll be there to see it
pimp.gif

I feel rubbish, great goal by Arsha.. it was very unlike Almunia to make such a mistake. The better team on the day lost.

Originally Posted by tonton32

as a striker your supposed to "toe-punt" the ball in that situation.
Yep. Toe-punt it out of bounds. That's exactly what you're supposed to do.

Where's the La Liga thread? Real's D is still garbage
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Diving is becoming an epidemic in this sport. Raul just got a PK very similar to Eduardo's and Rooney's.
smh.gif

You sound salty and biased when you keep calling Rooney's PK a dive. He CLEARLY got taken out, and he did EXACTLY what he should have done in thatsituation, get a toe on the ball any way possible. His PK was FAR different from Eduardo's blatant dive. If you want to blame someone, blame: A) thegoalkeeper. At the pace Rooney was going, and as close as he was to the touchline, there was no way in hell he posed an immediate threat to the goal. To divethat aggressively at his feet was idiotic, and he got punished for it. B) the referee. Technically, the goalkeeper took the player down without touching theball, so ignoring everything else, it was a foul and a penalty. BUT, the ball clearly was headed way out of bounds, and he should have let it go. In hisdefense though, you can't take a player out after he kicks the ball away anywhere else on the field, why should you get away with it inside the box? And bythe way, I hate Rooney, Eduardo, Almudia and everyone else on these two teams equally, so I have no rooting interest. Go Chelsea.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Where's the La Liga thread?
Start it up!

Xblaze usually runs it, but after a while it gets kinda quiet and he ends up being the only one posting...

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Diving is becoming an epidemic in this sport. Raul just got a PK very similar to Eduardo's and Rooney's.
smh.gif

You sound salty and biased when you keep calling Rooney's PK a dive. He CLEARLY got taken out, and he did EXACTLY what he should have done in that situation, get a toe on the ball any way possible. His PK was FAR different from Eduardo's blatant dive. If you want to blame someone, blame: A) the goalkeeper. At the pace Rooney was going, and as close as he was to the touchline, there was no way in hell he posed an immediate threat to the goal. To dive that aggressively at his feet was idiotic, and he got punished for it. B) the referee. Technically, the goalkeeper took the player down without touching the ball, so ignoring everything else, it was a foul and a penalty. BUT, the ball clearly was headed way out of bounds, and he should have let it go. In his defense though, you can't take a player out after he kicks the ball away anywhere else on the field, why should you get away with it inside the box?
He clearly went down before Almunia made contact. If you look at the two different angles provided, Rooney starts going down as soon as he kickedthe ball too far out of reach...Almunia might've not even touched Rooney. Watch this quickly before youtube takes it down...

The blame doesn't lie with Rooney or any diver for that matter. If I was a striker in the same situation I'd dive as well. Why? Because players getrewarded for it. The blame lies with the refs and the football bodies who have done little to fix this problem. Why not introduce video technology? It wouldonly delay the match by 2 mins or so but atleast they'd get the call right. Why cant the referee consult with the 4th official or linesman before awardingsuch a controversial penalty?

After the game, why dont UEFA, FIFA, other football federations punish players for diving? Perhaps fine them or better yet, suspend them.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

smh.gif

You sound salty and biased when you keep calling Rooney's PK a dive. He CLEARLY got taken out, and he did EXACTLY what he should have done in that situation, get a toe on the ball any way possible. His PK was FAR different from Eduardo's blatant dive. If you want to blame someone, blame: A) the goalkeeper. At the pace Rooney was going, and as close as he was to the touchline, there was no way in hell he posed an immediate threat to the goal. To dive that aggressively at his feet was idiotic, and he got punished for it. B) the referee. Technically, the goalkeeper took the player down without touching the ball, so ignoring everything else, it was a foul and a penalty. BUT, the ball clearly was headed way out of bounds, and he should have let it go. In his defense though, you can't take a player out after he kicks the ball away anywhere else on the field, why should you get away with it inside the box?
He clearly went down before Almunia made contact. If you look at the two different angles provided, Rooney starts going down as soon as he kicked the ball too far out of reach...Almunia might've not even touched Rooney. Watch this quickly before youtube takes it down...

The blame doesn't lie with Rooney or any diver for that matter. If I was a striker in the same situation I'd dive as well. Why? Because players get rewarded for it. The blame lies with the refs and the football bodies who have done little to fix this problem. Why not introduce video technology? It would only delay the match by 2 mins or so but atleast they'd get the call right. Why cant the referee consult with the 4th official or linesman before awarding such a controversial penalty?

After the game, why dont UEFA, FIFA, other football federations punish players for diving? Perhaps fine them or better yet, suspend them.

I guess it's a matter of perception, but it looks/looked to me like GK got his foot immediately after he kicked the ball with it. Even if Rooney wasalready going down, the GK clearly got to him and made significant contact that would have brought him down anyway. That's why you can't compare thisor group this with Eduardo's, who never got touched by the GK.

smh.gif

That was not a dive....Almunia caught him lightly..Rooney made the most of it...

1st half Arsenal did very little wrong, could and should have been 2 or 3-0 at the break. 2nd half was just stupid and that penalty was a complete joke. Tocompare Eduardo to that was just stupid, 2 different teams, leagues and different game. The ball was punted all the way into the stands and Almunia barelytouched him and he goes down, I love how the ref made no hesitation to give that as a PK but Arshavin getting taken out completely by Evra was not?C'mon...this game was officiated HORRIBLY, I mean just look at the amount of yellow cards given out. Arsenal lost the game, United sure as hell did not winit.

By the sounds of this thread, I think I'm glad I missed the Arsenal game today
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

By the sounds of this thread, I think I'm glad I missed the Arsenal game today
smh.gif

It was bad, we went up, everything was looking good until Almunia made the mistake which was when it all started to go wrong. We didn't even play badlywhich is the strange thing.

We have another hard match, Man City away
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom