OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

laugh.gif
Eboue got booked for his dive. How are Arsenal "cheats"? Eduardo dove, probably the first one I've ever seen him do, but it was no worse than Rooneys on Saturday, so I guess Rooney should be banned more than 2 games too.
laugh.gif
at coming in here posting for your first time ever and thinking you make some valid point.

How are they cheats? Your first sentence said it all. If that was the first time that you've seen him dive then what kinda Scum supporter are you? You must not watch any of their games. You only need to go back to the Celtic game a few days before to see what kind of players Ar5ena1 have. Eboue's dive was embarassing to say the least.

I haven't missed an Arsenal game since last year...so go back to loving the Houston Dynamo and stay out of the EPL talk, sunshine. If it wasn't for ESPN showing these games, you probably would think EPL are just 3 letters that don't stand for anything.
laugh.gif

Funny how you have SCUM in your avatar and that gives you your cred. If you want something to talk about... figure out how your team can win silverware. andget out of here w/ that Emirates Cup...
sick.gif

laugh.gif
Eboue got booked for his dive. How are Arsenal "cheats"? Eduardo dove, probably the first one I've ever seen him do, but it was no worse than Rooneys on Saturday, so I guess Rooney should be banned more than 2 games too.
laugh.gif
at coming in here posting for your first time ever and thinking you make some valid point.

How are they cheats? Your first sentence said it all. If that was the first time that you've seen him dive then what kinda Scum supporter are you? You must not watch any of their games. You only need to go back to the Celtic game a few days before to see what kind of players Ar5ena1 have. Eboue's dive was embarassing to say the least.

I haven't missed an Arsenal game since last year...so go back to loving the Houston Dynamo and stay out of the EPL talk, sunshine. If it wasn't for ESPN showing these games, you probably would think EPL are just 3 letters that don't stand for anything.
laugh.gif

Funy how the team that I support had 3 players called up (and top of the league) for the English National team and Arsenal didnt have any. Being that its the English Prem League and Scum dont have any English players other than Walcott.
indifferent.gif
wow. the hate is strong. so are we scum because we don't have that many english players, or scum just because? not sure what point you weretrying to make there...and not sure why it matters where the players come from.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

as you've told me on aim and say on here eduardo isn't a diver/cheater seeing as you've never seen him dive while on arsenal. and i believe you andhe may not be. but to be fair im curious to know how many times you've seem him play for croatia or how many of his nearly 120 apps and 75+ goals forzagreb you watched. im def not saying hes a cheat but his 15 or w/e league apps for arsenal doesn't necessarily give an acurate portrayal of the sort ofplayer hes been for his whole career.

maybe someone can shed some light on this as it seems to be a controversial subject. unfortunatly i dont watch any croatian league games,croatia ntl team oreven many arsenal matches(unless they are playing the other of the big 4 or spurs).

not callin ya out jada..just asking a question/ making a possible observation.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

as you've told me on aim and say on here eduardo isn't a diver/cheater seeing as you've never seen him dive while on arsenal. and i believe you and he may not be. but to be fair im curious to know how many times you've seem him play for croatia or how many of his nearly 120 apps and 75+ goals for zagreb you watched. im def not saying hes a cheat but his 15 or w/e league apps for arsenal doesn't necessarily give an acurate portrayal of the sort of player hes been for his whole career.

maybe someone can shed some light on this as it seems to be a controversial subject. unfortunatly i dont watch any croatian league games,croatia ntl team or even many arsenal matches(unless they are playing the other of the big 3 or spurs).

not callin ya out jada..just asking a question/ making a possible observation.

I'm going by what I've seen him in the EPL. I have only seen him in 1 Croatia international game and I'm also going by what I've seen Rooney doin the EPL and on international duty. They both have been caught diving, before Wednesday I never saw Eduardo do anything close to a dive, all his tackles havealways been legit. On the other hand, I've seen Rooney in the EPL and on the England national team dive and do such garbage things and that's whyI've always hated him and never had respect for him.

No worries on the call out son, it's all just good futbol talk.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Funy how the team that I support had 3 players called up (and top of the league) for the English National team and Arsenal didnt have any. Being that its the English Prem League and Scum dont have any English players other than Walcott.
indifferent.gif

You really do sound like a moron, so apparently Arsenal is a "scum". And you really don't know a damn thing about Arsenal, because Walcott is notour only English player, Gibbs, Wilshire, Frimpong, Watt, Randall, Hoyte, Murphy, Gilbert and a couple others I'm missing are all English too. Seriouslykeep up the lack of knowledge.
laugh.gif

You guys didn't take away the main point from my post.

EVERYONE DIVES BECAUSE IT WORKS. Your and my favorite teams are full of divers...your and my favorite players dive...it's sad but until FIFA realize thatvideo technology is the way to go, nothing will change. Suspending players 2-games after the fact is plain ******ed. What good does it do if the dive helpedthat players team get their desired result? Imagine a player whose dive in the World Cup finals helped his team squeeze out a 1-goal victory. Who gives a da.mnif he got suspended? He got the job done for his team and FIFA wouldn't be able to take the trophy away from them.

What disappoints me about the English media (besides their sensationalism, lies and everything else about them) is that they make it seem like only non-Englishplayers dive in the Premiership. Drogba, C. Ronaldo, Eduardo, etc. etc. have all received very strong criticism from the press after diving which I'mperfectly fine with. However, when an English player such as Rooney, Gerrard etc. (who have each dived plenty of times) does it not one bad word is utteredabout them by the media. English players are portrayed as honest players full of integrity while imports are labeled as diving cheats who are ruining the game.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

EVERYONE DIVES BECAUSE IT WORKS. Your and my favorite teams are full of divers...your and my favorite players dive...it's sad but until FIFA realize that video technology is the way to go, nothing will change. Suspending players 2-games after the fact is plain ******ed. What good does it do if the dive helped that players team get their desired result? Imagine a player who's dive in the World Cup finals helped his team squeeze out a 1-goal victory. Who gives a da.mn if he got suspended? He got the job done for his team and FIFA wouldn't be able to take the trophy away from them.

What disappoints me about the English media (besides their sensationalism, lies and everything else about them) is that they make it seem like only non-English players dive in the Premiership. Drogba, C. Ronaldo, Eduardo, etc. etc. have all received very strong criticism from the press after diving which I'm perfectly fine with. However, when an English player such as Rooney, Gerrard etc. (who have a history of diving) not one bad word is uttered about them by the media. English players are portrayed as honest players full of integrity while imports are labelled as diving cheats who are ruining the game.
there have been some really respected foreign players too, zola and cantona to name 2.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

You really do sound like a moron, so apparently Arsenal is a "scum". And you really don't know a damn thing about Arsenal, because Walcott is not our only English player, Gibbs, Wilshire, Frimpong, Watt, Randall, Hoyte, Murphy, Gilbert and a couple others I'm missing are all English too. Seriously keep up the lack of knowledge.
laugh.gif

In his previous sentence he was talking about players called up to the nat'l side. Walcott has been the only one in recent that has showed for the EngNat'l side. Arsenal are SCUM because of the team he supports. I know what he's talking about because it's the same team I support. You might havefigured that out by all of your EPL (it's BPL by the way) knowledge when he wrote Ar5ena1.

Stop with all the mess talking. If you can't handle it and you're getting defensive of the SCUM talk... you might not be ready to talk"football" on a message board.

this dude....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DC1323

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

You really do sound like a moron, so apparently Arsenal is a "scum". And you really don't know a damn thing about Arsenal, because Walcott is not our only English player, Gibbs, Wilshire, Frimpong, Watt, Randall, Hoyte, Murphy, Gilbert and a couple others I'm missing are all English too. Seriously keep up the lack of knowledge.
laugh.gif

In his previous sentence he was talking about players called up to the nat'l side. Walcott has been the only one in recent that has showed for the Eng Nat'l side. Arsenal are SCUM because of the team he supports. I know what he's talking about because it's the same team I support. You might have figured that out by all of your EPL (it's BPL by the way) knowledge when he wrote Ar5ena1.

Stop with all the mess talking. If you can't handle it and you're getting defensive of the SCUM talk... you might not be ready to talk "football" on a message board.

this dude....
smh.gif

Do you help your bf take a piss too?

Lack of "knowledge"? Let's talk about Scum lack of trophies....

and... seriously?

I KNOW what I'm talking about... don't sound like you do QFT...

Lack of "knowledge"? I KNOW what I'm talking about... don't sound like you do QFT...

earlier you said Walcott was Arsenal's only english player.

Have you ever heard of Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs?

EVERYONE DIVES BECAUSE IT WORKS. Your and my favorite teams are full of divers...your and my favorite players dive...it's sad but until FIFA realize that video technology is the way to go, nothing will change. Suspending players 2-games after the fact is plain ******ed. What good does it do if the dive helped that players team get their desired result? Imagine a player whose dive in the World Cup finals helped his team squeeze out a 1-goal victory. Who gives a da.mn if he got suspended? He got the job done for his team and FIFA wouldn't be able to take the trophy away from them.

What disappoints me about the English media (besides their sensationalism, lies and everything else about them) is that they make it seem like only non-English players dive in the Premiership. Drogba, C. Ronaldo, Eduardo, etc. etc. have all received very strong criticism from the press after diving which I'm perfectly fine with. However, when an English player such as Rooney, Gerrard etc. (who have each dived plenty of times) does it not one bad word is uttered about them by the media. English players are portrayed as honest players full of integrity while imports are labeled as diving cheats who are ruining the game.

I get your point... and when you said that suspension AFTER the fact is dumb, I completely agree. But if video replay is allowed, then the discussion willbecome WHEN it should actually be put into play. Why would you look at video replay for a dive (and if it was a dive to you eject that player?).... and NOTlook at a video replay for a questionable offsides play? it would take away from the flow of the game. It also puts more authority in the hands of someone thatis NOT on the field which then would take away from the "integrity" of the game. I know that sounds dumb, but for all the questionable plays, thecalls seem to even out and MOST OF THE TIME the better team wins. (I am emphasizing the MOST OF THE TIME part.)

I think we can all agree that MOST players have take a dive once or 200 times in their careers. As a defender, I often did that in the back 1/3 when I wasfacing my own goal and had nowhere to go. A LOT of defenders use the momentum and position on the field to gain this advantage. NO ONE ever talks about that.

anyway, it's sad that we are even having this conversation. Eduardo's dive was SO blatant that it deserves to be reviewed and punished. To make mattersworse, as if Arsenal as a team haven't been under the microscope, Eboue does the same crap in the same week. It's embarrasing to say the least.

These things happen... and oftentimes, the punishment doesn't necessarily have to fit the crime, but an example needs to be set somewhere. I hope thatexample is set soon... because all we're going to see in the coming weeks are MORE yellow cards and ejections for diving.

DC1323...I get your point about delaying the game. I think this is the main criticism of video technology.

My response is use video technology in only 2 instances. Fouls in the box AND more importantly...to make sure the ball crossed the line. I'm sure the WestGermans wished this technology was available in 1966
laugh.gif

DC1323...I get your point about delaying the game. I think this is the main criticism of video technology.

My response is use video technology in only 2 instances. Fouls in the box AND more importantly...to make sure the ball crossed the line. I'm sure the West Germans wished this technology was available in 1966
laugh.gif
I wish it was available in 02 world cup vs the germans
mad.gif

Damn I missed quite the argument...i think jada and tevez have said everything that was on my mind...but i think people (not necessarily on nt) have been hardon diaby. He's been shown alot of improvement thus far (along with song and denilson) and i hope this doesn't kill his confidence...lord knows he aintgot much and that's whats killing him imo

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Damn I missed quite the argument...i think jada and tevez have said everything that was on my mind...but i think people (not necessarily on nt) have been hard on diaby. He's been shown alot of improvement thus far (along with song and denilson) and i hope this doesn't kill his confidence...lord knows he aint got much and that's whats killing him imo
speaking with all the hate in my heart for SCUM arsenal, I swear I saw that play 25 times since it's happened, and part of me thinks that heintentionally headed that into his own goal. I know that sounds dumb, but it is NOT natural movement for any defender to move his head that way when trying toclear the ball. Some people might say that he was indecisive as to what he wanted to do.... and he panicked. Either way, his head movement was towards his owngoal. That was TERRIBLE. I wanted to see a draw.... but to see SCUM lose was 2nd best.

Anyone think I am WAY off in saying this? anyone else have these suspicions?

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

I had to throw this in here.

Manchester City's third kit
smokin.gif

Thirds are real clean, all three kits are nice actually.

Gotta find the cash to buy all three.

Manchester City has the best kits that i have seen in a cool minute

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

I had to throw this in here.

Manchester City's third kit
smokin.gif

Thirds are real clean, all three kits are nice actually.
Co-sign. They are really nice.

OK so i'll admit it - we were a bit lucky on saturday with a couple of calls - darren's cleaning out of arshavin was a penalty of the stone wall typeno doubt about it and i have seen Rooney's penalty not given under the circumstances more often than not. My gut feeling was that it was legit call though.

And many many thanks to Diaby for an outstanding finish!

smh.gif
laugh.gif
Now Iremember why I pretty much stopped coming up in here, ignorance and stupid arguments abound!

Let the two little Spurs fans have their fun right now, they'll come crashing back down to earth just in time to seal up another meaningless Carling Cupand a Europa Cup spot
laugh.gif
But hey 3 England callups! oooooh! neat. Do they give outparticipation ribbons for that? Perhaps they'd look nice next to all 0 of your Premier League trophies.

Also to whoever said it's BPL
indifferent.gif
nobody calls it the BarclaysPremier League. Would you call the NFL the Budweiser Football League? No.

Back
Top Bottom