OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by bijald0331

let's go Everton. NT Everton fan club of 1 present.

Sure, I'll support with you (when they're not playing Utd. that is)... my homeboy's huge Toffees fan...

thats gotta be the worst first 4 mins of a game for that fulham keeper
laugh.gif
first that slip in trying to kick that back pass and then allowing that goal

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Bastard...Almunia sure took out his knees alright
smh.gif

rooneydive.jpg
Knees or ankles, does it really matter? Dude made contact. You sound real salty over this. I didnt see your twenty posts about being outraged whenEduardo did it.

You are crying about the dive, but there was clearly contact from the keeper. I dont get how you don't see that. The bigger issues is Rooney controllingthe ball, not the contact.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Bastard...Almunia sure took out his knees alright
smh.gif

rooneydive.jpg
Knees or ankles, does it really matter? Dude made contact. You sound real salty over this. I didnt see your twenty posts about being outraged when Eduardo did it.

You are crying about the dive, but there was clearly contact from the keeper. I dont get how you don't see that. The bigger issues is Rooney controlling the ball, not the contact.

Exactly. You really have nothing to complain about. The ref could've let it go, but he certainly wasn't wrong to call a penalty because THERE WASCONTACT WITH ROONEY, but not with the ball. That's always a foul. Just let it go man. Yes, Arshavin got murdered in the box, but the ref clearly missedthat call, it's not like he decided he was gonna let players get crushed in the box all game.

I know I sound like a crybaby and I'm beating a dead horse so this is the last time I'll talk about this crap
laugh.gif

You guys are saying there was "clear contact". The pictures and videos suggest that Rooney was on his way down before Almunia made contact. The pic Iposted shows Rooney's knees bending and him falling down as he lost the ball. I think Rooney was anticipating contact and so he went down before Almuniatouched him. Dude is already on his way down before Almunia made "contact".

wayne-rooney-dive.jpg

Here's a slow motion replay. Almunia pulled his arms away as Rooney was going down. He didn't even contribute to Rooney's fall. Notice Rooney'sleft foot dragging after he lost the ball and before Almunia touched him.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3309222/

It's not the first time Rooney has dived, I do not understand why certain British players get away with this sort of stuff. I guess it's because Rooneyhas the "tough as nails" reputation going for him. There is always a media firestorm when an import such as Eduardo, C. Ronaldo, Drogba dives.However, when a British golden boy such as Rooney, Gerrard, etc. dives, it is taboo to utter a single bad sentence against them.

Face it, everyone dives. My favorite Arsenal player of all time - Thierry Henry - was a major diver. He had a couple of perfect 10 scores in 2006 for Arsenaland France. Pretty much every player these days dives because they usually get rewarded for it. For every yellow card they get for diving, they'll get 5advantageous calls usually resulting in a penalty kick or a free kick just outside the box.

Let's face it though. Rooney is the most noble player in the world, he'd never dive.

laugh.gif
at Wenger. but yeah he's a G.
anyways good win by Liverpool! How many times Gerrard has done that
pimp.gif

We still look horrible in our defense though...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Wenger is a G

The pic Tevez posted clearly shows the dive, SMH.

It really doesn't. Even if Rooney was already going down, which is a matter of opinion that is arguable either way, the GK still touched him and would havebrought him down regardless. And even if Rooney dives all the time, which I am not arguing either way, this particular one wasn't a dive. Get over it.Arsenal lost because they had a huge mental lapse at the worst possible juncture of the game.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by JaFlash

Wenger is a G

The pic Tevez posted clearly shows the dive, SMH.

It really doesn't. Even if Rooney was already going down, which is a matter of opinion that is arguable either way, the GK still touched him and would have brought him down regardless. And even if Rooney dives all the time, which I am not arguing either way, this particular one wasn't a dive. Get over it. Arsenal lost because they had a huge mental lapse at the worst possible juncture of the game.

First off, I never blamed Rooney's dive for the Loss. I stated that Arsenal still should have won the game despite the numerous bad calls.

Second, Rooney fell into Almunia after he cleared the ball out. He fell without contact (dive) in order to insure contact and draw the penalty. It was a divebefore a penalty.
Numerous pics shows Rooney going to the ground before any contact is made, but all I hear is "Almunia was going to take him out anyway"

Almunia shouldn't have charged out in the first place with the ball where it was. He allowed Rooney to fall into him and create contact, thus putting theref in a position to make a decision.
Rooney might not have even needed to dive but why take the chance that Almunia is able to avoid contact, right?

I think Almunia was trying to be too aggressive after that goal he conceded against Portsmouth last week.

Nevertheless, Arsenal has to forget that game and concentrate on Man City.

The two goals conceded were not the defense fault. Another solid performance from them is going to be needed against Man City.
Fabregas should be back and perhaps we will see Rosicky back in action.
It will be important to see if they are able to bounce back after facing defeat.

people always hating on man utd(alot of the hate stemming from the fact that we've been the best or 2nd best team almost every year since 1991). smh. asfar as diving and cheating..its not like we're the only one who do this. people on this forum put arsenal on a pedestal like they can do no wrong. arsenalcheats just like other teams. theres a reason why theres an arsenal chant sang throughout stadiums in england *to the big ben hourly chime* "same..oldarsenal..al..ways che..ating"

and yes..nt's own golden cesc fabregas can cheat/dive/be dodgy as well. heres a few y/t vids i found

*waits for nt arsenal fans to reply with reasons how this is diff/ok from rooney diving*

Theyre both cheats... Arsenal and Rooney

You should be talking about Eboue as well... that dive he took is what the Scum are all about. And what Eduardo did last week he should be banned for longerthan 2 games.

laugh.gif
Eboue got booked for his dive. How are Arsenal "cheats"? Eduardo dove, probably the first one I've ever seen him do, but it was no worsethan Rooneys on Saturday, so I guess Rooney should be banned more than 2 games too.
laugh.gif
at coming in here posting for your first time ever and thinking youmake some valid point.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
Eboue got booked for his dive. How are Arsenal "cheats"? Eduardo dove, probably the first one I've ever seen him do, but it was no worse than Rooneys on Saturday, so I guess Rooney should be banned more than 2 games too.
laugh.gif
at coming in here posting for your first time ever and thinking you make some valid point.

How are they cheats? Your first sentence said it all. If that was the first time that you've seen him dive then what kinda Scum supporter are you? You mustnot watch any of their games. You only need to go back to the Celtic game a few days before to see what kind of players Ar5ena1 have. Eboue's dive wasembarassing to say the least.

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

laugh.gif
Eboue got booked for his dive. How are Arsenal "cheats"? Eduardo dove, probably the first one I've ever seen him do, but it was no worse than Rooneys on Saturday, so I guess Rooney should be banned more than 2 games too.
laugh.gif
at coming in here posting for your first time ever and thinking you make some valid point.

How are they cheats? Your first sentence said it all. If that was the first time that you've seen him dive then what kinda Scum supporter are you? You must not watch any of their games. You only need to go back to the Celtic game a few days before to see what kind of players Ar5ena1 have. Eboue's dive was embarassing to say the least.

I haven't missed an Arsenal game since last year...so go back to loving the Houston Dynamo and stay out of the EPL talk, sunshine. If it wasn't forESPN showing these games, you probably would think EPL are just 3 letters that don't stand for anything.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How are they cheats? Your first sentence said it all. If that was the first time that you've seen him dive then what kinda Scum supporter are you? You must not watch any of their games. You only need to go back to the Celtic game a few days before to see what kind of players Ar5ena1 have. Eboue's dive was embarassing to say the least.

I haven't missed an Arsenal game since last year...so go back to loving the Houston Dynamo and stay out of the EPL talk, sunshine. If it wasn't for ESPN showing these games, you probably would think EPL are just 3 letters that don't stand for anything.
laugh.gif

Funy how the team that I support had 3 players called up (and top of the league) for the English National team and Arsenal didnt have any. Being that its theEnglish Prem League and Scum dont have any English players other than Walcott.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom