OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Firstly, Thanks to all the contributors in the offseason thread. ALMOST 60 pages. One of the more successful offseasonthreads in S&T especially considering the lack of moves
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Now, onto the season...

Wheres Manny? F all these rumors. Of all people someone would take a rumor from the whole NATION chose Vic the Brick
roll.gif
smh.gif

Sign him or shut it up. Colletti needs to stop feeding into reporters questions about "progress" in talks and just let the contract or lack thereofspeak for itself.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/n...ent_id=3876372&vkey=news_la&fext=.jsp&c_id=la

562, I think it would be less clutter to post links to long articles, since big Dodgers.com articles will just clutter this thread. Just a suggestion, ifpeople like that, then they could stay,
laugh.gif

Besides the usual SI, ESPN, Fox Sports and Sporting News websites. To get info check out the following:

mlbtraderumors.com
prosportsdaily.com
baseballreference.com
mlbcontracts.blogspot.com

Also, check out Tony Jackson's blog at .insidesocal.com/dodgers/. Didn't start reading/know about his blog until I started working for the Dodgers. Iliked it from the jump, usually has insightful stuff to say.

Other than that, I won't make a season preview until we sign Manny,
laugh.gif
, or maybe when I get back from Arizona on Tuesday.

I was thinking the same thing
laugh.gif

i'll make the adjustment. Question, are you still able to help me dodge the fees with WBC?

first game televised is March 1 vs the CWS.

i believe this game will be on 790AM (correct me if i'm wrong).

eek.gif
spring training is here!!!

Ironman can you take some pics?

laugh.gif

I don't work Sales. From what I heard, it made it's way around the front office yesterday. Really, don't know what is going to happen to thatsales guy. At first I thought it was going to be a slap on the wrist, but it made it's way to Sportscenter. Now that guy has something to brag about tohis friends, but he will probably lose his job. The inside sales person, is new so it could go either way. He already got suspended, I'm sure the pinkslip is on it's way.

I will try to take pics, when possible.

I hate how they make it feel like its going to happen. But I'm pretty sure sales will go up if he signs.

^hey bro, its in the old thread.

once i get on my comp, i'll post it up. the draft was actually monday, which we all missed.

i think we should just set another one up
laugh.gif

update: troncosco gives up a grand slam, i think its 5-3 cubbies
sick.gif
sick.gif

4:37pm: MLB.com's Ken Gurnick notes that Dodgers GM Ned Colletti was absent from the team's first exhibition game. Might be Manny-related; might not.
Also:

[table][tr][td]
Dodgers
[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td](0-1, 0-1 away)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Cubs
[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td](1-0, 1-0 home)[/td] [/tr][/table]
  • Final

So I'm thinking about getting a mini-plan for this season, .500 hitter which is 41 games I think.

Iron Man...any pros/cons with that plan? Anybody in particular I should ask for in sales? Appreciate it.

hey jpap, call Ali in Sales, so she can stop calling me and leaving me voice mails...
laugh.gif

she was trying to sell me the Fielders Choice package. 27 games.

-J-

laugh.gif

So I'm thinking about getting a mini-plan for this season, .500 hitter which is 41 games I think.

Iron Man...any pros/cons with that plan? Anybody in particular I should ask for in sales? Appreciate it.

41 is cool, thats what I would get since 81 games is hard to attend. Unless you split it with another person. I believe with the 27 and 41 gamepackages you get to choose which games you want to attend. You can choose all the big games (Cubs, Mets, Giants, Interleague, Bobblehead Nights), which willmake it easier for you to sell if you can't attend.

Ask for Randall Brown or Matt Russo, they will take care of you. Don't have their extensions at the moment.

what are the price ranges of the 27 game package and the 41?

can we tell randall and matt we know ironman
nerd.gif
?

6:12pm: Tony Jackson of the Los Angeles Daily News chimes in:

Gurnick wrote earlier today that they are meeting, and I have been able to semi-confirm that, as well as semi-confirm the fact that said meeting is taking place at Dodger Stadium. What I can tell you, from my own observations, is that people are behaving strangely, or at least at odds with their normal behavior. This could be it, folks. Stay tuned. It might be a long evening.

5:38pm: Gurnick has made an update to his most recent story.

Dodgers chairman Frank McCourt and GM Ned Colletti did, in fact, meet with agent Scott Boras during the team's first spring game Wednesday. Gurnick calls it "the most serious attempt to date to sign" Ramirez.

It's heating up
devil.gif

please, let's sign him. please? now? get it over with?
laugh.gif

Question, i'm gonna be ordering my Mexico jersey soon. Should I get it personalized? If I do i'm thinking either AGonzalez, Vinny or Fernando (sincehe's a coach)

with or without manny... (hopefullyw with manny) i am very excited for baseball season!!
but right now, its all about the lakers...

Ned&Co have offered Manny a 2yr $45M contract (1 yr 25M, 2nd 20M with a player option, Manny can walk away if he thinks he can get more elsewhere)

Boras has till tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom