OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Tommy in uniform
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Just came back from Phoenix. It was a fun weekend, I wish Manny or Russell would of been there.

It wasn't hot as they say, there was a nice breeze. I wish I would of gone to practice the day before. The seats we had were great. I'm so pissed that I forgot to record the game.
phoenix%20%2817%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2828%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2843%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2857%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2859%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2888%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2889%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

phoenix%20%2897%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

Nice
pimp.gif

damn that stadium looks huge for a spring training site. where did you stay if you dont mind me asking? im trying to find a reasonable place for the middle ofthe month.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Prospect De Jesus breaks left leg[/h1] [h2]Dodgers up-and-coming infielder could miss entire season[/h2]
PHOENIX -- The Dodgers may have lost Ivan De Jesus Jr., a top infield prospect and their 2008 organizational Minor League Player of the Year, for the season after he broke his left leg sliding into home plate during a "B" game against the Brewers on Monday at the Camelback Ranch complex.
De Jesus was taken off the field on the back of a golf cart and rushed for X-rays, which revealed that he had broken his lower tibia. He was checked into nearby Banner-Estrella Medical Center, where he will remain overnight. A determination whether he will need surgery is expected to be made on Tuesday.
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
"It's [probably] the whole season," manager Joe Torre said about the 21-year-old native of Puerto Rico. "Hopefully that's all. His age will obviously be on his side. It's too bad. He's been working hard, but they've all been working hard."

The play happened in the Dodgers' half of the fourth inning as De Jesus, the sixth highest ranked prospect in the organization according to Baseball America, charged in from second on a single and tried to score.

The plate was blocked by the Brewers' Carlos Corporan, and De Jesus slid in a little high, smashing into the catcher's shin pads. De Jesus then lay prone to the right side of the plate until he was removed from the field. The ball kicked free to the backstop, but De Jesus wasn't able to touch the plate and was called out.

"Juan Pierre was telling him to slide, yelling, 'Get down, get down, get down, get down,'" Torre said. "Somebody happened to get in front of me, and I missed the contact. I heard the thud, and I saw him lying over there."

Trainer Stan Conte said through a Dodgers spokesman that De Jesus' long-term status wouldn't be determined until Tuesday, when a decision is made about surgery. He was taken to the hospital with a full brace securing his left leg.

Asked whether he thought the injury would indeed cost De Jesus the season, Torre said: "If not all, probably most of it. That's my opinion just off the fact that there's a chance of surgery."

De Jesus batted .324 last year for Double-A Jacksonville, where he also had a .419 on-base percentage. He led all full-season Dodgers Minor Leaguers last season with 91 runs scored and 76 walks.
His father, Ivan De Jesus Sr., was a Major League second baseman from 1974-88 and played his first 88 games over the course of three seasons with the Dodgers.

smh.gif
smh.gif

get well ivan!

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/manny-ramirez-2.html[/h1]
[h1]Manny Ramirez Rumors: Tuesday[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [March 3 at 9:03am CST]

ESPN's Buster Olney joins Jon Heyman and others in the belief that the Dodgers may reduce their offer to Manny Ramirez soon. Olney says the next offer "figures to more properly reflect the rollback in free agent prices that have occurred this winter." Olney believes the Dodgers have realized Manny will never be completely satisfied with the offers.

The Dodgers and Scott Boras were seemingly just $1.5MM apart on a deal worth more than $40MM, but owner Frank McCourt put the brakes on. He wants to start negotiations from scratch. As many have suggested, this could be the Giants' best chance to jump in and steal Manny away

mad.gif

How were the Arizona girls
There was some hotties bro, the girl in front of us was
pimp.gif
. Mybuddy was being obvious taking pictures with his celly.We hit up the sky Lounge in Downtown, Az. (lots of girls)

where did you stay if you dont mind me asking?
We stayed at the best western in Central Phoenix. It's about 25 minutes from the facility. There was was 2 or 3 hotels by Camelback Ranch oryou can stay by UofPhoenix stadium, that's about 7 minutes away.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Time to change the Thread Title...

99 is back..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/manny-dodgers-a.html[/h1]
[h1]Manny, Dodgers Agree To Terms[/h1]
By Drew Silva [March 3, 2009 at 7:53pm CST]

According to ESPN's Enrique Rojas, Manny Ramirez has agreed to a two-year, $45MM deal with the Dodgers.

Plenty more details to come...

Who's down to throw this in rc49ers face?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lineup:

Furcal
Odawg
Ethier
Manny
Loney
Kemp
Casey Blake
Martin
Pitcher

bench:
loretta
mienkevitz
juan pierre
d. young
(abreu?, who am i missing)

Next moves: a lefty at $1M or less (ohman, beimel or reyes) and a SP and lets get it
devil.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

im happy but yet
ohwell.gif
cuz they gave him a player option. shoulda been a team option

That should make him play like a beast this year, i hope.

Originally Posted by sinser13

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

im happy but yet
ohwell.gif
cuz they gave him a player option. shoulda been a team option

That should make him play like a beast this year, i hope.

well they havent disclosed contract terms so i may have spoke too soon. i hope i spoke too soon
devil.gif

My lord, here we go again.
8:16pm: MLBTR just recieved this e-mail from Senior Editor of Yahoo! Sports, Steve Henson:

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports just spoke to Scott Boras and a Dodger front-office official. Both said no agreement has been reached. Ned Colletti and Boras did speak today, but no real progress was made.

[h1]Manny, Dodgers Agree To Terms[/h1]
By Drew Silva [March 3 at 8:24pm CST]

8:24pm: ESPN.com has now removed the headline.

8:22pm: It should be noted that ESPN.com's front page headline reads: "Manny To Dodgers: It's a Deal."

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

update:

8:30pm: Ken Gurnick and Barry M. Bloom of MLB.com have a quote from Boras himself: "I'm still working on it, but it's yet to be finalized."
get it done fellas.

Update:

[h1]Dodgers, Manny Getting Closer[/h1]
By Drew Silva [March 3 at 9:37pm CST]

9:37pm: T.J. Simers of the L.A. Times spoke with Manny on Tuesday afternoon and collected a few nice quotes. Keep in mind that this conversation took place a few hours before tonight's events:

"I'm happy in L.A. I like my teammates and had a great time," said Ramirez. "The fans were so good to me; they treated me the best anywhere in my career. And now I think we're close [to a deal]. ... Tell everyone Mannywood is coming."

9:16pm: Tony Jackson of the Los Angeles Daily News has provided excellent, accurate information throughout this entire saga. Here's an excerpt from his most recent blog post:

Manny IS on his way to Los Angeles tonight, just as Enrique Rojas reported on ESPN. Manny IS willing to accept some form of what the Dodgers offered him last Wednesday, a two-year, $45 million deal with $25 million the first year, $20 million the second year and an opt-out. That offer IS back on the table, even though it has been taken off the table last week. But there is no actual agreement in place YET, because Dodgers officials want to meet with Manny face to face, presumably tomorrow morning, before making this thing happen.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

They're showing the 2004 Dodgers/Giants Battle for NL West, on Prime Ticket.

pimp.gif

i remember that saturday, was going crazy on AIM with the homie and owning giant fans on NT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

They're showing the 2004 Dodgers/Giants Battle for NL West, on Prime Ticket.

pimp.gif

i remember that saturday, was going crazy on AIM with the homie and owning giant fans on NT
laugh.gif
The last thing I expected was for Steve Finley to hit a bomb. What an afternoon that was.
pimp.gif

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/03/manny-ramirez-1.html[/h1]
[h1]Manny Ramirez is flying to L.A. to meet with Frank McCourt[/h1]
9:08 PM, March 3, 2009

The Dodgers' negotiations with Manny Ramirez have progressed to the point where owner Frank McCourt has scheduled a face-to-face meeting with the All-Star outfielder on Wednesday, according to baseball sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal isn't finalized. Ramirez flew from Miami to Los Angeles on Tuesday night.

McCourt had a day-long meeting with Ramirez's agent, Scott Boras, and they have agreed on the general parameters of a contract: two years at $45 million with an opt-out clause that Ramirez could exercise at the end of the first year.

Both sides said the deal wasn't complete. "I assure you, we have no deal," Boras said.

"We have no announcements today and we don't expect one tonight," Dodgers spokesman Charles Steinberg said late Tuesday night. For more details, see stories here and here on latimes.com/sports.

-- Dylan Hernandez

This game is about to get good
laugh.gif

Damn, watching Bonds out there (steroids or not) will be one of the most feared hitters in baseball.

sick.gif
Brett Tomko, all these ex-giants (who probably ended up with the dodgers some how) seriously fell off.

looking at our roster, wow that $*%$ was bad.

Back
Top Bottom