Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Rain delays suck! What the hell is going on in Arlington? Kinsler, Cruz, and Holland better play both their games today. My fantasy team needs them.

My pitching staff is terrible. It's like these guys forgot how to pitch.
smh.gif

Ricky Nolasco
Jarrod Washburn
Edwin Jackson
Yovanni Gallardo
Derek Holland
Randy Wells

How the hell do I expect to advance into the finals with the performances these guys have given me for the past few starts.
smh.gif

keeper question

rank these OF 1-3 for next year?

Granderson .248, 27 hr, 62 rbi, 83 r, 20 sb
Adam Jones .277, 19 hr, 70 rbi, 83 r, 10 sb (season ended 2 weeks ago)
Werth .266, 33 hr, 84 rbi, 88 r, 13 sb

All 3 players are very streaky...I want to run with Granderson but his BA is killing me. Werth's power/speed combo is attractive but Jones potential istempting too...

Yea I'd keep Jones in a heartbeat. This was a solid year for him and I think next year is his coming out party. That offense will be solid with Roberts,Markakis, Jones, Weiters and the other young OFer they have that's escaping me...

So I'm going to drop Jarrod Washburn. He's been pissing me off and today's performance was my breaking point.

Would you pick up Aaron Laffey @ MIN or Dustin Nippert vs OAK or Hiroki Kuroda vs PIT?

My whole team is pissing me off

I dealt king Felix for Gallardo and Kershaw now both these bums are having "problems"

smh.gif

Right around playoff time too

BUT THIS DUDE TOMMY HANSONNNN WOWWWW
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Man,
15nahys.gif
Jarrod Washburn!! I hate him!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

*Edit*
Same thing goes for Yovanni Gallardo.
mad.gif
mad.gif
Add to that list, Edwin Jackson, Randy Wells, Aaron Laffey, Rich Harden, and Ubaldo Jimenez!
15nahys.gif
all them!! They're collectively throwing my season away!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Alright need your help. I have 2 moves left for this week, and 1 of them im using for matsuzaka sunday. I need another sp for tomorrow to try and lock downwins and Ks

Ohlendorf vs SD
Pavano vs Det
Fister vs Yankees (doubt i would do that vs CC)
Hammel @ arizona
Sowers @ oakland
davis @ cws
Moehler @ mil
Richard @ pitts

So I was bored and I looked back at the recent advice I gave and a lot of my predictions haven't been "on point," but I'm going to give thisthing another shot. If you're going to listen to me, just be aware of my recent track record.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I, myself, did pick up Ohlendorf vs SD. I like this matchup the best. Ohlendorf's a better pitcher at home and San Diego is one of the worst offenses inthe bigs.

I know the stats that Pavano has against DET and that might be another good option, but he's facing Verlander. I think he could do well, but maybe not getthe win.

I wouldn't pick Fister because he's facing the Yankees and I'm not liking that matchup.

Hammel wouldn't be a bad pick because he's pitched well recently, but IMO, there are better options.

I wouldn't pick up Sowers @ OAK. The A's offense has picked up as of late. They're swinging the bats well.

Davies has pitched well in terms of ERA in his past few starts, but his walk totals are too high for my liking. He very well could hurt your WHIP. And ifDavies is putting men of base, they're bound to score eventually.

Moehler's pitching ok, but again I'm weary on this matchup because he's facing MIL @ Milwaukee. Oddly enough, when I checked this year's stats,both Fielder and Braun are hitting better on the road than at home. But again, I'm still weary on this matchup.

Richard has been up and down in his past few starts and I know that he's facing PIT, but I'm just not too confident in this matchup. Richard does havea 5.56 ERA on the road this year.

Ohlendorf was probabl on the top of my list,but right after i made this post guy im playing picked him up. i biggest mistake was letting pedro slid. Guy pickedhim up yesterday i planned on getting him today so i can drop a pitching playing today for him.

Richard might be my next choice not exactly sure yet. Have 1 last move i can make just need to make sure its the right 1

Are you looking at Maholm Sunday against SD? He's sort of the same with Ohlendorf where they do pitch drastically better at home.
nerd.gif

Stauffer just took a dump on me tonight.

Sunday i already have 4 starters, and I'm almost positive Wandy from the Astros is starting sunday to make it 5 they just haven't updated it yet(5pitchers slot and 2 relivers)

I'm hoping i can pick and choose sunday.. he has 5 starters going for him tomorrow. This matchup is extremely close.. the entire season i was #1 in hittingand my pitching won it for me last week.. and this week my pitching was atrocious thus far and hitting has been sub-par. I need to come back in .ops and winsto have a shot. Unless his pitchers do horribly I'll lose the tie breaker this week which is .era

Now everything changed lol, I thought wandy was pitching sunday and didn't realize houston has a 6 pitcher rotation.

Now im looking at
Maholm
or possibly west from the marlins @reds
or maybe maine at home vs the nationals.

Back
Top Bottom