Official 2009 Football (Soccer) Transfer Rumor Thread

As the CL final approaches and teams begin to reveal negotiations and pre-contracts, I think its time for the thread. Obviously, transfer steam won't pickup until the season is officially over and the grace period ends.

Recommended guidelines:

1. If you have a source, post it.
2. Nothing is official until its reported by either of the involved clubs via their website.
3. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Bayern Munich are making noise early as they appear to head in a new direction. First, they have reportedly signed Mario Gomez from Stuttgart. Estimatedvalue.. €30m. They also signed Ivica Olic on bosman from Hamburg SV. Surely, this means the end of Luca Toni at Bayern Munich. We'll see what happens withRibery.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=649874&sec=europe&cc=5901

Juventus have officially signed Diego from Werder Bremen. Estimated value.. €25m. 5 year contract. Juve had also sealed the signing of Fabio Cannvaro on freetransfer about a week ago

http://www.juventus.com/site/eng/homepage.asp

I wouldnt trust anything from Soccernet unless its 100% confirmed. The quality of journalism on that site has fallen off dramatically over the past 1-2 yrs.

I do not believe the "Ribery for 60 million Euros" garbage that is out there. Unless its Man City, no club will be willing to spend that much on 1player.

In the EPL I see Man Utd's team remaining the same for the most part...I'm 99.9% certain that Tevez is gone. Man Utd. may want to bring in a 3rdstriker. C. Ronaldo has recently stated that he is committed to remaining with Man Utd. in the long run however this dude changes his mind every 5 minutes.

Liverpool are probably a couple of players away from being very serious contenders for the Premiership next season. Hopefully they spend some cash on 2-3quality players.

Chelsea do not appear to be interested in making too big of a splash this summer. Their biggest signing will probably be their new manager.

Arsenal's biggest problem will be preventing players from leaving. Clichy, Adebeyor, and Fabregas will be subject to much speculation this summer. I thinkthat Adebeyor is most likely to leave although he recently committed his future to Arsenal.

In Spain I expect Real Madrid to make some big changes after yet another horrible UCL campaign and falling short in La Liga.

Italy should be very interesting. I can see the big 3 shuffling a lot of players during the summer. Despite their quality domestically, Inter aren't goodenough in the UCL. AC needs to inject some youth in that aging squad while Juventus are close to fully recovering following the 06 scandal.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

The Gomez deal is all over. I just chose soccernet because of their summarization in english.

http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/en/news/news/2009/19676.php?fcb_sid=16a4f227066e610d369f48588ed926f5

What is Liverpool's financial situation? could they afford to sign Carlos Tevez without selling players? and does Benitez still want Gareth Barry?

Anyways, I'll do a similiar team by team analysis tonight.
I didn't mean to single that link you posted out...in fact, I didnt even see it.
laugh.gif
I was just warning people in general not to trust soccernet's garbagerumors. Among my favorite soccernet rumors this season..."Henry expected to leave Barca this summer" with no sources at all substantiating thatclaim.

Anyways, here is some of the stuff BBC has reported today (I've found them to be resonably accurate in the past)...

-Man Utd are willing to pay 25 mill. pounds for Tevez (I dont think that matters though, Tevez wants be a full-time starter)

-Babel might be leaving Liverpool

-Inter are interested in Ricardo Carvalho and Deco

Oh, nah. I didn't take it that way. I prefer citing the original source. ESPN is pretty wreckless sometimes. Like when they reported Cristiano Ronaldo toMadrid was a done deal on Sportscenter.

I like Ryan Babel. I hope he goes to a team where he can get consistent starts.

Bayern Munich -

Apprently, Bayern Munich offered €22m to Udinese for their star player, Fabio Quagliarella. That offer has been rejected. If this is true then I assume theoffer was made prior the Mario Gomez negotiations and agreement. It seems, Quag wants a Napoli move.

I mentioned how the capture of Gomez meant the end of Luca Toni. I believe AC Milan will go after him. Why? Cause thats what Milan does. They go after"experienced" players who just happen to be on the wrong side of their careers. They'll go after Adebayor, fail to get him and then settle forToni, a player they should have bought 2 years ago.

Bayern Boss, Uli Hoeness was asked a few questions about Ribery's future. He dropped a few gems including 1. Manchester United made a casual enquiry forRibery. 2. He wouldn't pick up the phone if someone offered €40m 3. He briefly touches on the Ronald to Madrid rumors and how that would affect interestfor Ribery.

The original source was Bild IIRC. Personally, I believe him. Lets not forget the Hargreaves fiasco. Bayern will not sell when they don't want to and theywon't sell cheap.

Chelsea -

According to the Independent, Chelsea have submitted a whopping 50m bid for Franck Ribery.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-up-record-16344m-deal-for-ribry-1691639.html

Real Madrid -

According to Jose Ramon de La Morena of Cadena SER, Real Madrid President-Elect Florentino Perez will announce the signing of Manuel Pellegrini (Villareal) asthe next Coach on Tuesday. In addition, he will announce the signing of his first new-Galactico, Kaka' on Thursday.

I'm very hesitent to put any faith in Kaka' or CR7 rumors because its been going on for 2 years however I can safely say Jose Ramon is an excellentsource. "El Larguero" and Cadena SER are genuinely better sources than AS or Marca. Like all rumors, take with a pound of salt lol.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/a...ni-jueves-kaka/serpro/20090528csrcsrdep_1/Tes

According to AC Milan's website... Yoann Gourcuff signs a 4 year deal with Boredeaux.. He was on loan with the French side for one season but there wasa buy-out clause at the end of the term. They activated that clause and Gourcuff wanted to stay.
MILANO - L'A.C. Milan comunica che l'F.C. Girondins de Bordeaux ha esercitato il diritto d'opzione per l'acquisizione a titolo definitivo del calciatore Yoann Gourcuff, cui vanno i nostri migliori auspici per il prosieguo della sua carriera.

Meanwhile.. Fernando Torres pens new improved deal that will keep him at Liverpool till 2014.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N164571090528-1758.htm

Good looks with all the rumors. As an Arsenal fan I honestly wouldn't be too heartbroken to see Ade go. We would need to get someone in to replace himthough because RVP and Eduardo are not gonna stay healthy all season.

Back
Top Bottom