OFFICIAL 2009 NFL PRESEASON & TRAINING CAMP THREAD

Apparently, T-Pain is a Dolphins fan and decided to re-mix the anthem
roll.gif
http//www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-t-pain-song-080809,0,5797225.mp3file

Originally Posted by dreClark

Damn CI

smh.gif

Yea, this was known. That's why he fell so much in the Draft
Naw, he just tore his %%$+ AGAIN.

smh.gif

damn, Eagles are now thin at TE. Brent Celek and veteran Matt Schobel are all that's just left.

CI was drafted to cause mismatches for opposing defenses and be a potential red zone threat.

they tried to tell CI his knee wasnt rite, thats why dude lasted so long. it was bound to happen much sooner than later

Curry max Value 60 Mill

RENTON, Wash. (AP)-The Seattle Seahawks have signed first-round draftchoice Aaron Curry(notes)to a contract that will guarantee the star linebacker from Wake Forest $34 million, a person familiar with the deal said Saturday night.

The contract is the richest for a rookie non-quarterback in NFL history and has a maximum value of $60 million. The person spoke on condition of anonymitybecause the Seahawks haven't announced the agreement's financial terms.

Curry, the No. 4 pick overall last spring, made a surprise appearance at Saturday's practice, sprinting onto the field almost 30 minutes into thesession to boisterous applause from Seahawks fans at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center.

FILE - In this May 2, 2009, fi…
AP - Aug 8, 11:30 pm EDT

[table][tr][td][size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
b

"I am just as excited to be out here and just to see the emotion from the fans and get back with my team is just an amazing feeling," he said.

Coach Jim Mora said Curry has a steep learning curve after missing 12 practices over eight days of training camp. That was evident the moment the Seahawksthrust Curry into one-on-one drills, without the linebacker having done so much as stretch or warmup.

On his first play, Curry was matched up against tight end Cameron Morrah(notes), and was roasted on a square-in route. One fan sarcastically yelled out, "Welcome to the NFL."

Curry spent the afternoon practicing with the No. 2 defense, but Mora made it clear that he'll start at strong-side linebacker.

"He wasn't in there with the first group just because he's got so much catching up to do," Mora said. "I don't know at what pointwe'll make the switch and he'll start running out there with the first defense, but I think it will be pretty soon."

Although he worked out and studied his playbook in nearby Bellevue during the holdout, Curry said he grew anxious and eventually told his agents to speed upthe contract negotiations.

Fellow rookie Deon Butler(notes)filled Curry in on practice matters during the holdout, and veteran linebacker Lofa Tatupu(notes)also visited, giving him a mini-walkthrough of what the defense was working on. But Tatupu believed Curry would acclimate himself quickly.

"Linebacker, it's not like it's rocket science," Tatupu said with a laugh. "Just hit the man with the ball."

Mora credited general manager Tim Ruskell for working the phones with Curry's representatives late into Friday night.

"This is probably the longest contract we'll ever do, in terms of pages and volume and little nuances to the deal," Ruskell said.

Only top overall pick MatthewStafford(notes), the quarterback drafted by Detroit, has received a richer guarantee-$41.7 million-from this year'sdraft.

Curry's gonna be better than Mayo.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

Brent Celek and veteran Matt Schobel are all that's just left.

ohwell.gif

Big Droppppppp there. That hurts.

I think Pat White could eventually take over in Miami when Pennington leaves, I always thought he could pass.

^ I have no problemo with that but everyone beside fin fans are sleeping on Henne. WildPat needs to spend more time in the weight room though.

Here's alil something to make the afc east shiver

[h2]Jenkins, Saints agree to five-year deal[/h2]
Comment Email Print Associated Press

METAIRIE, La. -- Rookie cornerback Malcolm Jenkins and the New Orleans Saints agreed to terms Sunday night on a five-year contract, opening the way for the former Ohio State standout to report to training camp.

Jenkins was the Saints' first-round draft pick, taken 14th overall, and has missed the first 10 days of camp, including the club's scrimmage on Saturday.

"We're glad to have agreed to this five-year deal with Malcolm and look forward to seeing him at practice with his teammates" on Monday, general manager Mickey Loomis said. "He is an intelligent young man and given what we saw from him on the field during the offseason, I'm confident that he will get up to speed sooner rather than later."

The Saints open their preseason schedule on Friday night against the Cincinnati Bengals in the Louisiana Superdome. Jenkins could have an opportunity to play in all four exhibition games as he attempts to work his way into the Saints lineup.

"Finally we can get this ball rolling," Jenkins announced on his Twitter Web site Sunday night. "Sorry for making you guys wait ..."

Currently, Jenkins is slotted as a backup, with Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter the expected starters at corner. Randall Gay also has rotated in to work with the first-team cornerbacks during camp, but missed a couple practices late last week with an inflamed bursa at the base of his heel.

Jenkins started 45 games in a four-year career at Ohio State that earned him first-team All-America honors and the Jim Thorpe Award as a senior. He was an Associated Press first-team All-Big Ten choice as a junior and senior.

He had 11 career interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. He also had 196 tackles and one sack, deflected 18 passes and forced four fumbles. Also playing on special teams, he blocked three punts, two during his senior season.

Last season, Jenkins made a career-high 57 tackles, including one sack, intercepted three passes and forced three fumbles.

The Saints did not release financial terms of Jenkins' contract.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

b653ly.jpg

sy8g88.jpg

Adrian Wilson has a 20/20 vision.

The numbers mean something to a defender - 20 interceptions and 20 sacks in a career, a double that few have conquered. Only nine players in history havereached those combined totals; if the Cardinals' Pro Bowl safety can make at least two interception this year and 1½ sacks, he will join the group.

Ask Wilson, and he'll say the 20/20 club is not the foremost thought in his mind. But the statistical goal means more than just numbers or exclusivity. Ithelps create a legacy.

"It is something I set out to do earlier in my career when (veteran free safety) Robert Griffith was here," Wilson said. "I asked him what wasone of the things
Click the above logo for all the Cards' camp info

safeties should strive for to be considered one of the best, and he was like, 'It's always 20-20, or 30 picks and 30 sacks.' It's somethingthat I want to accomplish."

best SS in the game
pimp.gif

[h2]Eagles' Kolb, Cole injured at practice[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Two more Philadelphia Eagles have gone down during an injury-filled training camp.

[h4]NFC East blog[/h4]
mosley_matt_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Backup quarterback Kevin Kolb sprained his left knee and former Pro Bowl defensive end Trent Cole sprained his left shoulder in practice on Monday.

Kolb was injured early in the morning session. He walked to the sideline and was taken by cart to the locker room. Cole got hurt later in the session.

The Eagles already have lost starting middle linebacker Stewart Bradley and rookie tight end Cornelius Ingram for the season. Both players suffered ACL knee injuries last week.

The person who invents the devise to prevent torn ACL's will be the richest man in sports immediately.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom