OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

For anyone who is in Japan and want to custom Marble a pair of AM95’s

5DEB3AE2-9B63-4E9A-920E-6825FFB007A7.jpeg

43FEDBA2-2582-4111-915F-10A5450B3128.jpeg

7B535A33-2357-479C-86CB-A285B130942A.jpeg

F84E37DE-F585-439D-9D85-903A856ED84A.jpeg

https://www.nike.com/events-registration/series?id=4302

So any news on why the neon AM95's were delayed?
Also are the Neon 95 VM's coming out later in the fall?

The custom looks amazing at the right of the shoe before the zebra thing...

Hate when they drop elements I love on a shoe like the air max logo on the tongue and don't know why but hate the pinwheels logo like Under Armour one

If they can release some Anthracite/Orange like they did for 97 with Anthracite or Black midsole that would be perfect :smokin

And more and more camo without "Salmon" or any colors like this but with a little of Burgundy/Orange/Neon/Volt or Yellow...or Emerald Green, Obsidian

How do you guys feel about 95 you don't wear so much, about durability ?

Question is, it seems to be a bad idea to have too much 95's if by not wearing them, they will be ruined in few years, right ?

The custom looks amazing at the right of the shoe before the zebra thing...

Hate when they drop elements I love on a shoe like the air max logo on the tongue and don't know why but hate the pinwheels logo like Under Armour one

If they can release some Anthracite/Orange like they did for 97 with Anthracite or Black midsole that would be perfect :smokin

And more and more camo without "Salmon" or any colors like this but with a little of Burgundy/Orange/Neon/Volt or Yellow...or Emerald Green, Obsidian

How do you guys feel about 95 you don't wear so much, about durability ?

Question is, it seems to be a bad idea to have too much 95's if by not wearing them, they will be ruined in few years, right ?
Right
They will crumble between 7-10 years

That’s why I keep on mentioning Phylon, Ultra, JCRD

But 95 JCRD looks really wrong
AM Plus Ultra look similar to OGs

I know all my AM, AJ will crumble
So wear them as much as I can while I am allowed to

Right
They will crumble between 7-10 years

That’s why I keep on mentioning Phylon, Ultra, JCRD

But 95 JCRD looks really wrong
AM Plus Ultra look similar to OGs

I know all my AM, AJ will crumble
So wear them as much as I can while I am allowed to
To be honest if I started sneakers collection knowing that, I would probably have never bought Air shoes lol
Even if they were dope. Or one or two pairs I knew I will trash before the crumbling problem...
I have regrets for most/all of the J's I have bought.
I'm very comfortable with the fact I bought Air Monarch for a very few money, and it's funny to see we all pay a amount of money for Air when we know it is less durable...:sick:
I am agree, I used to saw some JCRD, they didn't make me a good impression. AM+ Ultra don't look so great too on Footlocker's website...
I think I'm going to buy a very few Air sneakers now and wear the most I can the ones I got like you say :stoneface:

As much as I hate buying "used" sneakers...almost all of my older pairs I bought worn. And they're still thriving to this day. I've got two pairs of Jordan 5s from 2006, one was DS and one was worn...the DS pair started to crumble while the worn pair looks better than some shoes that are only a few years old.

As much as I hate buying "used" sneakers...almost all of my older pairs I bought worn. And they're still thriving to this day. I've got two pairs of Jordan 5s from 2006, one was DS and one was worn...the DS pair started to crumble while the worn pair looks better than some shoes that are only a few years old.
I heard this theory
Polyurethane AM retro / AJ retro need to be exposed to sunlight.

The more you wear less likely will crumble

And somebody on NT said he has seen 15- year old AM90 being worn in gym.

I'm not a chemist so I won't pretend to know...but it definitely has something to do with the amount of air/sunlight/compression the polyurethane gets.

I mean that's probably the ultimate curse of a shoe collector...we buy so many pairs and rarely wear them, and because we don't wear them they break down faster. Whether it's the foam, glue, etc

I remember the 2 first Air Max I bought, 2 AM90, at the time I wasn't about sneakers, I used to wear them every time, and reason why I had to get rid of one is because I destroyed a part of it at work, the second one looked old and I decided to custom it, by doing this, I ruined it :smh:
In good conditions, and by wearing them so much, I think I could have worn them years and years...
But I can't really have regrets, they have been very profitable and they "lived"...
2 sneakers only on one year are very quickly profitable if you divide the price of each one by the number of days you have worn it...
By knowing sneakers will crumble, it changes rules, as we always are to cautious, maybe the non sneaker heads are right by not paying so much attention.
Overprotection make us not wearing some of our shoes on rainy days...:ohwell:

I heard this theory
Polyurethane AM retro / AJ retro need to be exposed to sunlight.

The more you wear less likely will crumble

And somebody on NT said he has seen 15- year old AM90 being worn in gym.

I have no idea what the midsoles are made of, but my 2003 air maxes and my OG jordan XVIs are all going strong.

I'd be more worried about your 7-10 year older self saying "why did I spend money on these silver 95s" then worrying about them crumbling.

It is somewhat satisfying to wear shoes until they are unwearable and falling apart.

My two favorite shoes of all time were a pair of Emerica templeton skate shoes (which I patched up with shoe goo like 6 times) and a pair of wheat timberland driving mocs that I wore so much that the leather wore down right to my toes and had to toss them. It is very satisfying.

Before trashing them by customing them, I used to wear my first grey Air Max 90 all the time, I can even remember when I used to go outside at evening/night with them, dating a girl, drinking, vomiting while going back to home, then still vomiting the day after while going out to pick up an order...That were epic years...:rofl:They have been really profitable. Got to do the same with the others. Except the vomiting part I guess...:ohwell:

Attachments

• FL_Unlocked_Nike_Air_Max_90_Grey_Black_FL_01.jpg
    FL_Unlocked_Nike_Air_Max_90_Grey_Black_FL_01.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 6
  • e445c5358232ef5d1d318d3807326727.jpg
    e445c5358232ef5d1d318d3807326727.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 6
I remember the 2 first Air Max I bought, 2 AM90, at the time I wasn't about sneakers, I used to wear them every time, and reason why I had to get rid of one is because I destroyed a part of it at work, the second one looked old and I decided to custom it, by doing this, I ruined it :smh:
In good conditions, and by wearing them so much, I think I could have worn them years and years...
But I can't really have regrets, they have been very profitable and they "lived"...
2 sneakers only on one year are very quickly profitable if you divide the price of each one by the number of days you have worn it...
By knowing sneakers will crumble, it changes rules, as we always are to cautious, maybe the non sneaker heads are right by not paying so much attention.
Overprotection make us not wearing some of our shoes on rainy days...:ohwell:
You know what, I just figured out.

95s cushion is not bad, and thus I will keep buying and wearing even when I reach 40.

95 OG come out every couple years, when you reach 40, being a senior employee, probably don’t have excuse to say “I am trying to save $40 off AM95s”

Just beat it to death, wear it in the rain. Let it crumble, and buy more. That’s the idea of designer Sergio....... rain came down washed out the dirt on trees.

Unless it is some special 95 for collection, say, Safari OG Neon, Atmos, then just beat it.

Attachments

• 30D8D29F-7FB5-44F7-94AE-A3E2BA20A5FF.jpeg
    30D8D29F-7FB5-44F7-94AE-A3E2BA20A5FF.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom