Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Originally Posted by dland24

No closers huh Paul?
laugh.gif
This strategy started last season for me. I'm sure you saw my reasoning in the Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread.

Does anyone else have a balanced team? God this is gonna be cake!!
I think I have a balanced team (minus closers
laugh.gif
). I might need another power bat, though. I got speed with Borbon, Davis, and Bourne. 2B and SS are hard to fill with power guys, but I managed to do that with Tulowitzki and Kinsler. Morneau should have been a 1st or 2nd round pick and I picked him in the 4th round. I have 6 very solid pitchers (the rest might be hit or miss guys but if they hit, they have a lot of upside) and most of them are strike out pitchers.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

i think i got balance.

CC and Cliff Lee and 1-2 Starters
pimp.gif
You got Jeremy Affeldt, though.
JJ's team is caca.  You dont have balance.  Period.  One closer, two good starters, two middle relievers, little power and no steals.  Sounds like a solid 9th-12th place team there JJ.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Bossman Junior

Your hitting is pretty money.  If your top 3 perform like I think they could, your team could be really good.  I think you grabbed Anderson way too high, but he should perform to a level higher than where you got him.

Yeah I agree I took Anderson too high. I was targeting a couple of pitchers and wanted to make sure I got them. I'm hoping Wade Davis might be a decent sleeper. He had some great outings at the end of the year as well as a couple horrible ones.

i think i got balance.

CC and Cliff Lee and 1-2 Starters
pimp.gif
You got Jeremy Affeldt, though.
JJ's team is caca.  You dont have balance.  Period.  One closer, two good starters, two middle relievers, little power and no steals.  Sounds like a solid 9th-12th place team there JJ.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

i know i will be in top 5

The ladyfriend wants to go to SF again apparently, on her dime this time
smokin.gif

I e-mailed the same fella from last season in hopes he renewed his tickets.

If not, where do I grab em from? She wants to go to the Weekend series the last weekend in July. And wants to sit close if not exactly where we sat last September in Section 108

I just got an e-mail from some cat on craigslist, he wants $200/ticket/game
laugh.gif
no thanks.

Where else can I look? Can't even get em together on the official page.

Help me out
smokin.gif

Cinco, try StubHub or eBay. Most of the time the prices are really high, but as it gets closer, some might price them at face just to move them. Just gotta keep looking. My Dodger fan friends are all salty about Yankee tickets.
laugh.gif
You have to purchase a package or something?

I'm really ehhh about my squad. I like my team for roto, but for H2H, not so much. I had to take dudes earlier than I wanted because they wouldn't be there 20ish picks later.

I don't like my squad at all.

I think I may have homeruns on lock with D. Lee, Longoria, J. Upton, Pena, G. Jones. If Soriano can bounce back, then he's a steal at a late round as well as Beltran. I only have three players who had 100+ RBIs last season.
sick.gif

Pitching is somewhat decent with Carpenter leading the way.

I'm hoping on Hamels having a bounce back year. He's developed a new pitch this spring, so I have some hope with him.

Because he hasn't officially played as a 3rd baseman yet, they haven't added it in yet.

They'll do it after he plays a certain amount of games. I don't exactly remember how many games a player has to play at a position for it to be added though.

mad.gif
 at yahoo having miguel tejada at SS when is now playing 3rd
Geez, relax. This is actually better. So when Tejada gets 3B eligibility, he'll be even more useful for you since he can move between 3B, SS, and UTIL for you. Better flexibility means that you'll haven an easier time setting up your lineups between matchups.

mad.gif
 at yahoo having miguel tejada at SS when is now playing 3rd
Geez, relax. This is actually better. So when Tejada gets 3B eligibility, he'll be even more useful for you since he can move between 3B, SS, and UTIL for you. Better flexibility means that you'll haven an easier time setting up your lineups between matchups.
ok good. i cant believe tejada was there in later rounds he had a great yr last yr

Sandoval hits grand slam as Giants beat Cubs 5-1

(AP) – 3 hours ago

MESA, Ariz. — Pablo Sandoval hit a grand slam off Carlos Zambrano and Jonathan Sanchez pitched three scoreless innings Wednesday, leading the San Francisco Giants to a 5-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs.

Zambrano, the one-time ace who reported to camp in top shape after winning only nine games last season, had given up only one hit in four spring innings before the Giants scored five times in the third. After allowing three soft singles, he hit Eugenio Velez with a pitch and then yielded Sandoval's line drive over the right-field wall.

It was the first homer for Sandoval, who batted .330 with 25 home runs and 90 RBIs in 2009. His eight RBIs have helped the Giants to a 7-1 record this spring.

Sanchez allowed three singles, walked none and struck out five while running his shutout streak to five innings. The left-hander pitched a no-hitter last July 10 and finished the season with 177 strikeouts in 163 1/3 innings

Back
Top Bottom