Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

Wilson had back spasms according to Bochy

Still Undefeated in those Orange Uniforms! 9-0
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Is our relief pitching that bad that Johnathan Sanchez is warming up? 
laugh.gif

Nah he won't be pitching Monday with that extra day off so Bochy might as well just use him for relief.

Denny Bautista though?
mad.gif

Game was wayyyyy too close for me but any W against the Dodgers is appreciated. 
smokin.gif

Think Sabean makes any moves tomorrow?

Bullpen help please, but a bat would be appreciated at the right price.

I was gonna ask if anyone was gonna get Buster at Lefty's, but it's already sold out.
eek.gif

I want bullpen help more than I want a bat.

I think with Torres being a pleasant surprise atop our lineup, Sanchez being the solid 2-hitter he's been his whole career, Huff and Posey cementing their place as our 3-4 guys, Uribe swinging for the fences every chance he gets, Pablo hopefully coming around, sprinkle in a little Burrell/Nate, and having Renteria/Ishikawa/Whiteside play rotating around, I think we'll be ok.

Last year we stated if we even had a decent offense to go along with our pitching, we'd be in the playoffs. This year our starters have been solid and our offense has improved, we just need to sure up the pen.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

Bullpen help please, but a bat would be appreciated at the right price.

I was gonna ask if anyone was gonna get Buster at Lefty's, but it's already sold out.
eek.gif
Crazy, huh? I think it sold out in like 21 hours. Luckily I bought my tickets in the first 5 minutes they were released.
laugh.gif

I just drove by the park at 8:00 and there were a couple people in line for the Posey bobblehead. Gates don't open for another 10 hours. Ouch.

Just some scouting. I went back to the hotel. Going to get some breakfast and just chill. I'll probably go back around 10 to see how the line is shaping up.

I have to agree with Patrick and my brother. I'd rather strengthen the bullpen at this point because the bullpen surely isn't strong enough. I think it was about a week ago when Geroge Sherrill was placed on waivers by the Dodgers and I thought he would've been a perfect addition for us because of the shortage of lefties in the pen.

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

eek.gif
Damn Lefty's. When I first saw the prices, I was amazed at how high they were.
laugh.gif
When I saw Pablo last year, he was about $40 and he's done more than Buster Posey has done.

Can't blame them really.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]C. Billingsley LAD
7705.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]B. Zito SF
6394.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]9-5[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]8-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.49[/td] [/tr][tr][td]96[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]52[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.37[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.27[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B Sanchez
RF Huff
1B Posey
LF Burrell
3B Sandoval
SS Renteria
C Whiteside
P Zito

[h1]'Backs, Giants, Jays Discussed Three-Way Deal[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2010 at 2:17pm CST]

The Diamondbacks, Giants, and Blue Jays have discussed a three-way deal, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.  For the moment I'll leave the speculation to the commenters, but we know the Giants like Kelly Johnson from Arizona as well as Jays relievers and Jose Bautista.  The Jays have had interest in Johnson as well.

hankschulman

Just heard Corey Hart to Giants might be resurrected at the last minute. J. Bautista/Kelly Johnson/S. Downs also in play
LOL.

Franchise, what are you getting signed at Lefty's?

Giants Trade Martinez to Pirates for LHP Lopez

The San Francisco Giants have acquired left-handed reliever Javier Lopez from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for pitcher Joe Martinez, sources close to the team told Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

Sabean always doing deals with the same teams.

Our starting pitching has been solid lately so I hope we didnt break it up for a bat. We need bullpen help, specifically a lefty, at this point.

Back
Top Bottom