Official 2010 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (92-70) NL West Division Champions!

2ikxk5g.gif

Originally Posted by gusyouout

Typical Giants series.
Yeah, what's up with that? Giants offense non-existent the first two games and then explode on the last game. I guess that means Timmy better not allow a run against Colorado tomorrow.

1/2 game lead with 9 games left...

Also helps that we are tied for the WC.  If we take 2/3 from the Rockies they are all but out of it.

Padres lose
pimp.gif

Rockies making a 9th inning comeback, down 10-6 now 10-8 with runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out
30t6p3b.gif

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Chacin Col
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]14-10[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.60[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.30[/td] [/tr][tr][td]211[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]123[/td] [/tr][tr][td]72[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]55[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.31[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.29[/td][/tr][/table]
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/09/renteria-may-retire-after-2010.html[/h1]
[h1]Renteria May Retire After 2010[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [September 24 at 8:42am CST]

Edgar Renteria is just 34, but nagging injuries may push him into retirement at the end of the season, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. The shortstop hopes to return from a sore elbow and help the Giants reach and play in the postseason, but after that he’ll consider retiring.

"My mind is good, but sometimes the body says, 'no,' because I've had a lot of injuries this year," Renteria said.

After undergoing offseason elbow surgery, Renteria has missed time with groin, hamstring and shoulder injuries in 2010. He told Schulman that he’d pursue business opportunities in Florida and his native Colombia if he retires.

Renteria has a .279/.336/.379 batting line in 264 plate appearances this year. That kind of production won’t be enough for the Giants to pick up the $10.5MM option they hold for Renteria in 2011. Instead, they’ll likely buy the five-time All-Star out for $500K. Renteria has over 2200 hits, nearly 300 steals, three Silver Sluggers and two Gold Gloves in his 15-year career.

Hopefully we can keep it rolling and end up with a better record than the Reds.

I'll take these match-ups from best to worst.

1. Reds @ Giants
2. Braves @ Giants
3. Giants @ Reds
4. Giants @ Phillies

I think anyone but the Phillies right now they are clicking on all cylinders. Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt are in another world right now.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/09/renteria-may-retire-after-2010.html[/h1]
[h1]Renteria May Retire After 2010[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [September 24 at 8:42am CST]

Edgar Renteria is just 34, but nagging injuries may push him into retirement at the end of the season, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle. The shortstop hopes to return from a sore elbow and help the Giants reach and play in the postseason, but after that he’ll consider retiring.

"My mind is good, but sometimes the body says, 'no,' because I've had a lot of injuries this year," Renteria said.

After undergoing offseason elbow surgery, Renteria has missed time with groin, hamstring and shoulder injuries in 2010. He told Schulman that he’d pursue business opportunities in Florida and his native Colombia if he retires.

Renteria has a .279/.336/.379 batting line in 264 plate appearances this year. That kind of production won’t be enough for the Giants to pick up the $10.5MM option they hold for Renteria in 2011. Instead, they’ll likely buy the five-time All-Star out for $500K. Renteria has over 2200 hits, nearly 300 steals, three Silver Sluggers and two Gold Gloves in his 15-year career.

Reporter: Edgar, do you have anything left?
Renteria: Yes.

Back
Top Bottom