Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Really wish I could go tomorrow, but I've got class all day. I really hope they finish on a strong note.

Crazy to think we had 4 starters in the top 15 in the NL in ERA. If you throw out a couple of Bumgarner's bad starts, we would have had 4 starters with sub-3 ERAs.

Really wish I could go tomorrow, but I've got class all day. I really hope they finish on a strong note.

Crazy to think we had 4 starters in the top 15 in the NL in ERA. If you throw out a couple of Bumgarner's bad starts, we would have had 4 starters with sub-3 ERAs.

Erik Surkamp will start the game tomorrow instead of Matt Cain.

Bochy wants to use Surkamp tomorrow instead of Cain because of his workload this year.

Erik Surkamp will start the game tomorrow instead of Matt Cain.

Bochy wants to use Surkamp tomorrow instead of Cain because of his workload this year.

Was at the game tonight, everyone was laughing when Gillaspie fell on the inside the park HR
laugh.gif

Was at the game tonight, everyone was laughing when Gillaspie fell on the inside the park HR
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

Indeed. One of if not the best game of the year I went to. 
TB bobble head
pimp.gif

I'm thinking about going tomorrow's game.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

Indeed. One of if not the best game of the year I went to. 
TB bobble head
pimp.gif

I'm thinking about going tomorrow's game.

[table][tr][th="col"]. Pomeranz Col
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]E. Surkamp SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.68[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.42[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.77[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Fowler, CF
Ellis, 2B
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Smith, RF
Pacheco, C
Wigginton, 1B
Field, SS
Pomeranz, LHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Christian, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Burrell, LF
Pill, 1B
DeRosa, 3B
Burriss, SS
Sanchez, C
Surkamp, LHP

I'll be heading to the game very soon.

It's been an okay season in my eyes. We all know what this team lacks and what this team needs to do to make this a better club come next season. Do we resign Beltran? Will they go after a big named free agent, Pujols? Fielder? Reyes? Torres coming back? Ross coming back? Burrell coming back? DeRosa? What will the offense look like next year? Posey being a full-time catcher? Will Fontenot stay with the club over Keppinger? Or will they even opt for Burriss if Freddy Sanchez doesn't come back healthy? Lots of questions to be answered and we'll see how it goes down in the coming months. Let's first see them end this season on a high note.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone in here who help make this thread what it is. I'll see you in the offseason thread once I make it.

[table][tr][th="col"]. Pomeranz Col
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]E. Surkamp SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1-1[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]2-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.68[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.32[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.42[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.77[/td][/tr][/table]
Colorado Rockies Lineup:
Young, LF
Fowler, CF
Ellis, 2B
Kouzmanoff, 3B
Smith, RF
Pacheco, C
Wigginton, 1B
Field, SS
Pomeranz, LHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Christian, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Burrell, LF
Pill, 1B
DeRosa, 3B
Burriss, SS
Sanchez, C
Surkamp, LHP

I'll be heading to the game very soon.

It's been an okay season in my eyes. We all know what this team lacks and what this team needs to do to make this a better club come next season. Do we resign Beltran? Will they go after a big named free agent, Pujols? Fielder? Reyes? Torres coming back? Ross coming back? Burrell coming back? DeRosa? What will the offense look like next year? Posey being a full-time catcher? Will Fontenot stay with the club over Keppinger? Or will they even opt for Burriss if Freddy Sanchez doesn't come back healthy? Lots of questions to be answered and we'll see how it goes down in the coming months. Let's first see them end this season on a high note.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone in here who help make this thread what it is. I'll see you in the offseason thread once I make it.

In my opinion, a healthy DeRosa deserves another shot next year, he has looked pretty solid these last few weeks. Ross needs to return as well, I think we really need to go after Reyes, overall I think he could make the biggest impact for our team throughout the whole lineup. Resign of Beltran is also a must to resign, other than that I dont see a whole lot needed to be changed for next year. Is Keppinger under contract for next year?

In my opinion, a healthy DeRosa deserves another shot next year, he has looked pretty solid these last few weeks. Ross needs to return as well, I think we really need to go after Reyes, overall I think he could make the biggest impact for our team throughout the whole lineup. Resign of Beltran is also a must to resign, other than that I dont see a whole lot needed to be changed for next year. Is Keppinger under contract for next year?

Back
Top Bottom