Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

damn I was hoping that even if we don't make the playoffs that we would at least end on a strong note 
tired.gif

Giants fought well, despite all the injuries we were still close. I have no doubt that next year the giants are gonna come back healthy, stronger and better. There needs to be moves for sure though to make that happen. I have confidence. Someone else can hold the title till next year.

Giants fought well, despite all the injuries we were still close. I have no doubt that next year the giants are gonna come back healthy, stronger and better. There needs to be moves for sure though to make that happen. I have confidence. Someone else can hold the title till next year.

It was definitely an entertaining season, to say the least. For me, there were times that I would honestly forget about all the injuries they had. Although I think that was a reason, I do thank this team was really flawed. If I am Beltan, do I really want to come back? And if I actually do, how much am I looking for, considering that Huff is making $11 million.
Time is really going to drag without basketball in the offseason
30t6p3b.gif

It was definitely an entertaining season, to say the least. For me, there were times that I would honestly forget about all the injuries they had. Although I think that was a reason, I do thank this team was really flawed. If I am Beltan, do I really want to come back? And if I actually do, how much am I looking for, considering that Huff is making $11 million.
Time is really going to drag without basketball in the offseason
30t6p3b.gif

You have to give credit when credit is due. The Diamondbacks played amazingly well from the All-Star break and on. The Giants gave the division away, but the Diamondbacks really played that well when it counted.

Props to them and props to Kirk Gibson.

You have to give credit when credit is due. The Diamondbacks played amazingly well from the All-Star break and on. The Giants gave the division away, but the Diamondbacks really played that well when it counted.

Props to them and props to Kirk Gibson.

From 97 losses last year to 90+ wins this year crazy. Hopefully we can come back healthy and make the playoffs next season.

From 97 losses last year to 90+ wins this year crazy. Hopefully we can come back healthy and make the playoffs next season.

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Collmenter Ari
8904.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]13-13[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.59[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.42[/td] [/tr][tr][td]217[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]84[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.19[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.08[/td][/tr][/table]
San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Pill, 1B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

Arizona Diamondbacks Lineup:
Parra, LF
Hill, 2B
Upton, RF
Montero, C
Goldschmidt, 1B
Blum, 3B
Cowgill, CF
McDonald, SS
Collmenter, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]T. Lincecum SF
7981.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Collmenter Ari
8904.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]13-13[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]9-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.59[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]3.42[/td] [/tr][tr][td]217[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]96[/td] [/tr][tr][td]84[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]27[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.19[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.08[/td][/tr][/table]
San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Torres, CF
Keppinger, 2B
Beltran, RF
Sandoval, 3B
Pill, 1B
Belt, LF
Crawford, SS
Stewart, C
Lincecum, RHP

Arizona Diamondbacks Lineup:
Parra, LF
Hill, 2B
Upton, RF
Montero, C
Goldschmidt, 1B
Blum, 3B
Cowgill, CF
McDonald, SS
Collmenter, RHP

Real quick -

Wanted to say thanks to all of you guys, and especially Tim Lincecum for contributing to this thread. I wouldn't be on NT during games if it wasn't for threads like this and a handful of others. It's the virtual version of bar talk.

Thanks Tim Lincecum for actually updating the thread as much as possible, great to see in a "official" thread instead of the OP letting it just die.

I won't be watching many games since I'm getting busier at work and have some PTO on the horizon.

See you all around in the 9ers/Raiders threads since there's no telling when the NBA will resume.

Real quick -

Wanted to say thanks to all of you guys, and especially Tim Lincecum for contributing to this thread. I wouldn't be on NT during games if it wasn't for threads like this and a handful of others. It's the virtual version of bar talk.

Thanks Tim Lincecum for actually updating the thread as much as possible, great to see in a "official" thread instead of the OP letting it just die.

I won't be watching many games since I'm getting busier at work and have some PTO on the horizon.

See you all around in the 9ers/Raiders threads since there's no telling when the NBA will resume.

I second all of this. Major e-props to Tim Lincecum for updating as much as he did. I don't think we make it to 238 pages without him.

And although we didn't make the playoffs I think the pitching core plus the young players gaining experience means we have a bright 2012. A few questions still remain such as Posey's ankle, Sanchez' shoulder, and the return of Beltran. That said, I want to sweep the Rockies and end the season on a good note. Thanks to everybody who contribute in this thread for making it as interesting as it was.

ps. I loved DLand's rant in the Mets thread about Beltane
laugh.gif

I second all of this. Major e-props to Tim Lincecum for updating as much as he did. I don't think we make it to 238 pages without him.

And although we didn't make the playoffs I think the pitching core plus the young players gaining experience means we have a bright 2012. A few questions still remain such as Posey's ankle, Sanchez' shoulder, and the return of Beltran. That said, I want to sweep the Rockies and end the season on a good note. Thanks to everybody who contribute in this thread for making it as interesting as it was.

ps. I loved DLand's rant in the Mets thread about Beltane
laugh.gif

Since everyone is doing it, and I agree with the idea, major props to Timmy for this thread. On the rare occasion that the lineup isnt posted before the games, everyone seems lost.

In spite of the waste of a season that was 2011, I had a great time talking ball in here with you guys.

On to the offseason thread!!

Back
Top Bottom